Bitrate

what is Jow Forums's autism like regarding bit rate?

Attached: bit.png (178x628, 6K)

I hear adding more bits increases the quality, so I always upconvert from 64kbps to 320kbps.

>Not upconverting them to lossless

Does this really work? If I have low quality files but transcode them to FLAC or 320 will they sound better?

No it doesn't

Yes

ok thanks

Of course.

I would guess so. In some sense you increase the density of data so the sound should sound richer and more packed provided the rest of the hardware can handle such a fivefold increase in the data rate. It's no joke.

I'm not that retarded, okay.

If your source is shit and you add lip stick it's still shit

Of course they will. You're literally adding bitdata during conversion.

There's no point in upsampling the file since your player will upsample anyway.

Only a little. The original lossless file will always be better

lossy*

Okay so I've downloaded ffmpeg but when I double click the .exe it doesn't open, any solutions?

>.exe
>actually upconverting
Windows users are dumb

It's a command line application.

there's no way you're actually this fucking stupid

>linux autist can't recognize jokes
sasuga

Flac and Opus 128kbps. Anything else is trash

>i was only pretending to be retarded
hahahahahaha

129kbps is better

It has 1kbps of bloat

I only really replace transcodes with better versions when I can rely on the better version to be genuine (ie, it's available on a private tracker). Lately as I listen to it I've been going through my music and looking for transcodes and replacing them with proper versions. Also, I've realized that some music just isn't available in a proper version, and I'm okay with that.

I only use lossless formats because using lossy with modern storage capacity has no sense

.exes don't work in Mac. I think you need to find the application with .yag extension.