Is there an explanation on why the hell windows needs to use all your RAM for over 2 hours to fetch a list of updates...

Is there an explanation on why the hell windows needs to use all your RAM for over 2 hours to fetch a list of updates less than a Mb in size?

Attached: Screenshot_9.png (406x232, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsusoffline.net/
autopatcher.net/forum/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's fucking Windows 7 and has existed for so long that the backlog of updates has really exposed how inefficient Windows update was
You basically can't update Windows 7 SP1 at least not smoothly

That's not an excuse
Linux gets updates every single day yet a clean installation takes less than 5 mins to fetch all updates and install them and it uses less than 20 mb of ram while doing so

AFAIR Windows 7 shipped with a very inefficient updating algorithm and you'll need a monster PC to install all updates from scratch.

wsusoffline.net/

It's not an excuse. It's a reason. Are you so ignorant that you can't tell the difference between the two?

Install these updates and it'll take only 2 minutes to search for updates
They're needed, that's why it's so slow.

Attached: Capture.png (222x284, 7K)

it's shit and breaks a lot of updates.

And by install I mean download them from the Microsoft site through your browser.

There have been several patches that fix this issue, most notably the 10-2018 one that cuts time and memory usage way down.

Like what?
It downloads thems from the same servers that the internal Windows Update client uses. It breaks nothing unless you're doing it rong.

autopatcher.net/forum/

Because the Updateserver is checking your operating system. Do you think they don't mirror half of your data? they need to verify if your installation is valid, this takes more effort than just checking for a set binary that your activation was valid

They know about you, user. And its not even a conspiracy, its the truth

it's literally the updates just saved. are you suh a fucking mongoloid? don't post here if you can't accept the truth

>updating windows

Attached: mfw.jpg (640x480, 113K)

Not long ago (August) I reinstalled Windows 7 on an old Elitebook that I got for free, using the disc that came with the computer in 2010. The fucking thing took over a day to finish the update process once you factor in installing SP1.

Windows has been doing this since XP days. Not sure why.

Even if you where right you still can't compare Windows 7 to your standard linux distro
Most Windows 7 installation media out in the wild is anywhere between 7-9 years old, your typical linux distro install media is at most maybe a year old.
Take win7 SP1 which is what most people have for install media, that came out when distros like Ubuntu 10.10 and Debain 6.0 was around and you are not going to sit there and tell me your going to fully update any linux distro that old to there modern versions n "less than 5min"

it's busy mining bitcoin for me

Windows 7 had the worst updating software. I really don't understand how they shipped something so terrible, even by Microsoft's standards.

Anyway, Just Upgrade to Windows 10!

Turn off wuauserv in services msc and watch your CPU go down instantly within the span of a second

No need to thank me OP

Attached: 1546156312315.jpg (599x482, 33K)

sending telemetry. srsly. use filemon to check that and wireshark as well. everyone knows it already.