Gayming console mechanics

How exactly do gayming consoles work? Are they anything like computers? Do those machines have CPU's in them?

How does it give good graphics on the screen? I have no fucking clue. Is Linux somehow used on gayming consoles?
When the Xbox one menu screen comes up, is that like the operating system.

When are console systems going to obsolete already? PC's can do 10x more. PC's have so much power.
If your a true gaymer, then you get a PC. Period.

Attached: PENfifteeen.jpg (590x335, 198K)

>What is google

It is basically just a computer these days.
I think they run something based on BSD.
OS != Menu system

>Do those machines have CPU's in them?
you are a special kind of retard
>When are console systems going to obsolete already? PC's can do 10x more. PC's have so much power.
>If your a true gaymer, then you get a PC. Period.
and then you make an opinion about something you know nothing about
kill yourself

Xbox one runs in W10

what do you mean, only retards and moms buy consoles, true gaymers are PC gamers

xbox is just a computer running a modified version of windows with a custom ui
ps is just a computer running a modified version of bsd with a custom ui

doesn't change the fact that you're retarded

wow you don't even know me bro, I passed all my tests in school like everyone else, go back to /v/ and jerk off your sony box with its 5 games

Games are for children. You shouldn't take pride or base your identity on it. At best it should be a secret shame. Stupid wintoddlers need to go back to /v/.

>implying I play video games

PS4 is windows based. XB1 is based on windows

>calls people stupid for playing on the objectively better gaming platform
>says not a gamer
I'm sorry they don't have shirley temple songs on the xbox, the nurses are here to take you back to the home now grandpa

All digital machines are mostly the same on the inside OP.
The OS they run makes the difference, and certain machines have special components like sensors and such.
But pretty much every machine, from your PC to laptop to tablet to smartphone to PS4 to 3DS to Gameboy to ticket machines and who knows what more, they all have a CPU, GPU, memory, storage, IO ports and some kind of motherboard to connect everything.

fight over your pc console war on /v/ kiddo
you're dumb because you have no base for your opinion since you literally start your post showing your ignorance, doesn't matter if you're right or not

If it's a PC architecture, wouldn't you be able to install Steam?

OP literally said
>PC's have so much power.
So unlike your ad hominem I'm on topic retard

yes, but it's a protected OS that wouldn't allow you to do that.

Technically it should be possible but it's the OS created for the consoles that lock out freedom

Consoles have better DRM so there are more sales.
PC makes it piss easy to pirate so there is no incentive to make good games.
In an """ideal""" world where everyone gamed on PC there would be nothing but indie trash. All those ports you keep beg for would have never been made in the first place.

ok then why don't you just install windows or linux on it? you're the one making the claim that it's just an x86 computer

>>PC's have so much power.
what does that even mean?

Im retarded. I meant ps4 is BSD based

i'd like to know more about how the N64 worked instead of modern disc based consoles since those are basically nerfed gaymen pcs with mutant proprietary operating systems

console makers work with companies like AMD to specially create their processors so you can't do that. They tell them what their processors need to do then they follow their guidelines.

You could do that on older consoles like the OG xbox though.

holy fuck another one, no one cares about spiderman, no one cares about the last of us part 2, no one cares about god of war, no one cares about bloodborne, you retards bought a 400$ box for 5 games, no one begs for ports they pay for them, I'm sorry most of the world isn't stupid enough to pay 60$ a year for "free games" that you don't even keep if PSplus runs out. The only reason ign and ploygon "love" sony "AAA" experiences is because they are all owned by the same 4 jews

Attached: waaah.png (1869x954, 1.21M)

The hardware also "locks" you out of installing anything other than the existing OS. PS2 could run Linux natively if I remember well, but it was pretty slow as fuck and graphics were a mess.

if you installed Linux on the PS2 (You could just run it from the DVD without the install) you couldn't actually run PS2 games on it anymore