Do you even de-bro ?

Step one: Escape the man cave
Step two: lighten, brighten, soften
Step three: Add room for introverts

there are now cozy spaces designed like residential living rooms. They’ve also built a room for nursing mothers, a prayer room, and gender-inclusive bathrooms. In the library, there are even sculptures of female trailblazers in computing

The architects behind the redesign explain that their primary goal was to “soften the harsh, masculine feel” of the open-source coding platform’s 32,000 sq. ft. San Francisco office. While GitHub’s previous space was certainly stylish—complete with all the expected quirky accoutrements of a thriving tech startup—it was unmistakably designed for bros. There was a “Rat Pack” room, a saloon, and the obligatory game room. There was even a motorcycle hanging from the ceiling.

”This is a project all about making an oppressive space feel bright and open—to create a space that connects all of the employees through light and activity,” says David Galullo, Rapt’s CEO and chief creative officer.

Galullo says GitHub’s office makeover could act as inspiration for other companies struggling with the tyranny of their open-space work plans choked with bro bric-a-brac.

Attached: de-bro.jpg (1498x1080, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7gVLI8yQsr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I see a lot of room there for some refugees

this place doesn't even seem like a workplace, it comes off like a daycare center for mentally retarded adults

This must be terrible for your back. No wonder all silicon valley programmers are spineless children.

such are the things one worries about when they can't code

*one worries about when one can't code

do not bring that bullshit into literary grammar. one aligns only with one

why the fuck not just stay at home and work there? fucking waste of space

get back in your sit down bed wagie

why the fuck do you need "coder spaces" in the first place?

Greetings new applicant! Here at GitHub we strive to create an all-inclusive work environment, and by all-inclusive we of course exclude masculinity. Please look over the requirements we have of you, especially the terms regarding the mandatory gender reassignment procedure you'll undergo prior to hiring, then sign and return your commitment to destroy the patriarchy. Now, let's tour the vegan cafeteria and see which tofu appetizer is on sale, and then swing by our Harassment Taskforce to have a quick orientation!

>add room for introverts
Interesting idea. I have had a prototype for that kind of layout floating around for a few years. Briefly I can describe it as 4 'walls' (windows without the glass and opaque material instead) and a roof.
That's the ideal. But for practical purposes there's also a door.

Ideally these 'walls' would also be sound proofed but I suspect the design could work with just very basic acoustic isolation.

Your typical office equipment can be fitted to these spaces if the walls have enough distance between them in each dimension. It's a very flexible design that could be implemented fairly cheaply (compared to other options) in any open office space.

Almost forgot. The door must be of opaque material as well. It would compromise the entire design if you installed a glass door.

but how will they experience the lively, vibrant and female atmosphere of the office then? this company is about working together, not solo rockstar cowboy coders

I can't tell reality from satire anymore.

Those look uncomfortable as fuck

So if you're an introvert you get an office?

im not pro-mental retardation, but "bro" shit is also just as retarded. that looks way cozier

kek
GTA V predicted this in the lifeinvader mission
go to 1:30 to see what I'm talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=7gVLI8yQsr0

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Red pill me on those room for introverts. If they really are implemented it may be a straight upgrade.

>predicted

You mean satirized. None of this is new

afaik nobody has been forced to sit in a particular kind of chair so far, but who knows

phrasing as "de-bro"ing the place seems a little harsh. seems much more like it no longer looks like its designed by a man child

Do they hand out free estrogen pills at the start of each shift?

microsoft has open seating in smaller offices

i'm glad at least hn started deleting shitty medium articles about bro culture, it's another made-up problem like the wage gap that can conveniently be solved by giving a woman your job

you're still seating on a normal chair tho
unlike those weird wagecages in OP's pic

Can you imagine what it's like to put a well adjusted adult male in one of these office environments and simply expecting him to get along with those emasculated men that have somehow made it the modern SV hiring process?

I hate shit like this.
Retards INSIST on making things special and pretending things are more than they really are.
What the fuck is a coder space? Software is produced at a computer this title exists only to justify bullshittery.

That sounds like a dream job desu.
I'd unironically give up the NEET life for it.

your new is showing

imagine if i became a teacher, got offended the other teachers wouldn't talk about weight lifting, then demanded they fix their culture by hiring people for me to talk about weight lifting with

>harsh, masculine feel
>oppressive space
>tyranny

I know right? Imagine being one of these people, getting offended over neutral changes because of buzzwords and having to vent to your circlejerk echo chamber.

Bureaucracies are the progressive's natural habitat. Accomplishing nothing while blaming everyone else. Well, they do accomplish one thing, and that is hiring more progressives.

Engineering used to be rigorous. Now that you just need to complete a javascript tutorial and be either nonwhite or nonmale to be hired at any of the top five most valuable companies in the world, "somehow" people with well-rounded life skills or professional experience are nowhere to be found.

This isn't the result of progressive bureaucracies, but the end result of deregulated capitalism. Conservicucks are just too short sighted to see it. And they doomed us all.

>here's how we removed masculinity from our work environment
>the conservatives are behind this

Okay buddy

>laptop and not a full workstation with 2 monitors and a mech keyboard

Attached: 1b8.png (404x266, 182K)

>a prayer room
but only for muslims and satanists though right

>mentally retarded adults

So, open source coders

>Step one: Escape the man cave
boo
>Step two: lighten, brighten, soften
boo
>Step three: Add room for introverts
yay

but 1 and 2 are not for 3. all i need is a closet i can shut everyone out of

>reeeeee shut up
why do leftist soiboys always resort to censorship?

this looks awful
also
>working on a laptop
lmao

We have nursing rooms.

Biggest waste of money, should have just been a single private room for cell phone conversations, etc (which is all people use it for anyway) since no one is going to bring their baby and actually use that shit. They'll just work from home or use their maternity leave.

>working on a laptop
it's github, they're all writing code of conduct drafts or flagging microagressions in source code comments.

Attached: 1537140920269.jpg (900x789, 235K)

>Needing superfluous shit to get the job done

>add room for introverts
Just work remotely holy shit. Or give them a bloody office. What is this retarded allergy that the industry has to something so simple? Only Stack Exchange has personal offices and most staff remotely.

Wow I work not too far from this place. Sounds horrible. I got too accustomed to programming late at night with the lights turned off so now I keep my office lights off and can turn them on from my desk with a switch. It’s nice because most people never bother me anymore because they assume I’m just not there which is partially true because I work from home 3 days of the week.

fry your balls at work
basedjak.exe

Since when was programming considered engineering. You talk bad about progressives while being one yourself with your reconstruction of what it means to be an engineer. You use the term to make yourself feel more important than what you really are.

>add room for introverts

speaking as someone who used to have big time to social anxiety and now has it only lightly and can pretty much strike up a conversation with just about anyone:

Medication helped me a lot.
Getting a bro type guy in my life helped me a lot. Other introverts just can be so depressing and/or stuck up snobs. I love bros, bros are great. Much like how guys can be pussies, women can be bros too (usually lesbians and ftms).

but the short of what I'm trying to see is humans do better and grow more when they're socializing in groups together versus that depressing image on the OP.

It's so they can bitch and moan on Twitter in comfort.

What kind of male codes on a laptop? That's something women do.

A better term would be basedification.

>you don't AKTUALLY need that!
you're beginning to sound like a commie, son

Why the fuck are you people not using gitlab or just self-hosting your code

>He's nothing without his tools

>using github in 2018+1
>willingly confining yourself to a wagepod

>t. s o y b o y webdev

go back to your nursery corp boy

DUDE TECHNOLOGY BAD LMAO

Seconding. Get an extraverted "bro" type of friend you can imitate and sort of transfer yourself into that kind of world, and you'll be freed of so many difficulties you were making up for yourself. Many of them will literally disappear because they were never externally forced onto you.

Also somewhat seconding on lesbians, the only type of women I connect with lol. for some reason I haven't found a way to satisfactorily interact with straight girls (inb4 "just fuck them") idk the idea that they can't be bros is depressing to me, I can't do it.

Brogrammer/work hard play hard culture is shit but this isn't any better. I unironically think cubicles are an upgrade over shit like that. You actually have a personal space and table to put your belongings in.

>Using feminism to build new jails to coders

"I know what will really make us more productive! Make all our coders work on tiny 10-13 inch screens!"

>ITT Jow Forums gets clickbaited by a feminist journalist making wild assumptions about motivations of an office renovation, using one out of context quote to back it all up
I am disappointed in you

>work in cubes
>people grab conference rooms all the time when they need to collaborate
>get bought out
>cubes go away
>everyone just works by shouting across the table at one another
>so everyone starts wearing closed back headphones at work
Kill me.

>this place doesn't even seem like a workplace, it comes off like a daycare center for mentally retarded adults
/thread

you may not like it, but this space is what peak coding performance looks like.

Attached: bungie-office[1].jpg (1000x666, 120K)

It's not an open office, it's the grave you choose.

Well yeah, only Muslims use prayer rooms

> Add room for introverts

That setup is the opposite of room for introverts. I'd take a cubicle where I'm left the hell alone, even with florescent tube lights when working over that.

Open offices make people miserable and feel like they are being watched all the time. Terrible for productivity but great for turning your employees into soulless husks who need SSRIs to get out of bed in the morning.

>programming in the dark
rip eyes

Looks breddy good (and minimal :DD) if the reason was to actually increase productivity instead of bashing masculinity like the cucks they are.

The repeated use of constructs that compare masculinity vs inclusiveness, clearly implying (subtly) that masculinity is oppressive and noninclusive makes it very clear.

if being watched makes people miserable then they aren't dedicated enough

redpilled

>There was even a motorcycle hanging from the ceiling.
that sounds very dangerous.

Why do you need more than one monitor to code?

I bet they have a keycard system for the office. That is extremely discriminatory to undocumented employees.

>add room for introverts
>shines spotlight on you
>puts you in a display window
gg github

>Neo-ludism

Wow. We've really come a full circle.
Capitalism sure works kids

ITT a bunch of successful startup founders criticize a shit hole that only sold for 7.5 billion.

>implying can't fix everything

>Since when was programming considered engineering

When they started calling themselves "Software Engineers," friend.

Jesus, that's horrible

thats the idea. it causes an infantile regression in the workers making them dependent on the workplace, unable to move on. these giant children just live in their creche all day, its one thing that shitty circle film with hermoine got right

a lot of these workplaces even look like giant nurseries, primary colour schemes, goofy giant chairs, smiley pictures and 'NOMS' etc.

you just described every "startup"

But that's exactly what it is, the government can't keep them since they are too "functional", so someone has to make profit of them, and they are pretty good at computers since that's what they spent half of their lives on, so keep them on a happy playground and they will poop code for you.

>gender-inclusive bathrooms
I want to know more.

it's just a plain regular bathroom with a weird sign and no urinals

So partially male-exclusive?

inclusive is newspeak for anti-male so yes

In California it just means you have to perform your state mandated reacharound.

Cringe

>de-bro'd
>all wood grain everything
Yes because if there's one thing women love it's wall-to-wall wood grain

Attached: Max Feyn.png (1275x776, 705K)

so you're stuck with trackpad, shit laptop builtin keyboard and tiny screen?

All of this only makes me feel that women are the inferior gender. It's only things like Japanese anime that remind me these days that females have boundless unique powers of being cute and adorable and sweet, but these qualities are suppressed by "equality" anyway. The West may still be the best place to live but they're working on making it worse and worse.

Shut

imagine getting upset over what the inside of another company's building looks like

this is your brain on "anti-sjw"
spend more time caring about the fact that you've done nothing with your life except meme online/be upset online