Why aren't you using Windows 7?

Why aren't you using Windows 7?
It unironically just werks™

Attached: Windows_7_SP1_screenshot.png (480x360, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

informationweek.com/microsoft-updates-windows-without-user-permission-apologizes/d/d-id/1059183
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
zdnet.com/article/windows-10-october-update-problems-wiped-docs-plus-intel-driver-warning/
howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-explains-why-windows-10s-october-2018-update-was-deleting-peoples-files/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

out of date security

But you don't need security as long as you aren't a brainlet

i dunno man i like windows 7 its better than windows 10 but i have windows 10 because its like more modern bro lmao

Attached: 1547292047436 (1).png (750x734, 594K)

No good shell, needs hacks to run good programs, shit UI, no good way to install software, tools are outdated and shit.

Literally none of the things you've said is true. Besides UI, because that's subjective.

No, it's true. You only have Microsoft's crappy "cmd" DOS-like shit. You can't even run the GNU core utilities without hacks. And don't get me started on having to download an installer file from random websites just to install software. No package manager? No thanks!

You don't need any of that because the OS simply just werks

>i need the safety of a walled garden
>i cant do anything without first being locked in my comfy jail cell
At least you are chasing some security, I suppose.

It won't in a year

>i need the safety of a walled garden
How is it walled when you can compile and run anything? It's not just the fact that you have to use software from random sites, it's that it takes far too much time, you have to use an installer wizard, and the installer is bundled with other shit all the time with winblows.
Installing Firefox, ffmpeg, youtube-dl, musicbee, and virtualbox on GNU
[package-manager] [install option]
firefox ffmpeg youtube-dl musicbee virtualbox
Installing the same on Windows
Open web browser, go to mozilla.org, select your architecture and OS from their file directory, open the installer once all 60MiB downloads, click through agreements and de-select additonal shit you don't need, wait for it to install. Close it and re-open it.
How is that at all better? Then for youtube-dl and ffmpeg you not only have to fuck around getting all the dependencies, since Microsoft can't into managing dependencies, but they work like shit because you use an archaic OS. Wintoddlers are just dumb.

XP still werks & on 2010 version of firefox Jow Forums is lightning fast.

Attached: browsing in 2019.webm (640x480, 1.49M)

win8.1 works much better and stable and don't fucked with spyware pajeet tier shit like win10

Compared to what? Windows 10? fucking kek
Windows 10 is perfect for you.
You sure you aren't describing Linux?
MS admitted that 8.1 has a gaping asshole of a backdoor. It's a feature.

>You sure you aren't describing Linux?
Linux is just a kernel.
>MS admitted that 8.1 has a gaping asshole of a backdoor. It's a feature.
Microsoft has openly had a universal backdoor in every Windows version since XP.

>doesn't know what powershell is

I've only ever seen proof of that in 8.1, but never the previous three.

I'm using it right now. Microwang can't stop me.

Yes I do, it's shit. Everything to do with .NET is shit.
informationweek.com/microsoft-updates-windows-without-user-permission-apologizes/d/d-id/1059183

>t. hasn't used windows since 98se

what an embarrassing post

Everything I said is true, poojeet.

"Package manager" is just freetard speak for "app store." Prove me wrong.

Because that shit doesn't even have drivers for my wifi

Except the Windows app store has nothing of value on it.

Win xp just werked too, and where's it now?

On my thinkpad

i won't prove you wrong because you're right

Because only Windows 10 works on my laptop

Typical Microsoft, locking every device down. Why do wintoddlers think they're better than macfags again?

I got Win7 working on a 7th gen intel processor suck it Microfags

Mai boi

Stop buying chink shit, you won't have that problem.

Then you're doing it wrong retard.
If someone is dumb enough to buy a win10 embedded shitbook, they deserve it.

Don't need security unless youre a brainlet McAfee pajeet so fuck off

No AM4 support

visual studio 2017 doesnt run on it, and i need that shiznit for work

Windows 7 doesn't have an app store.

Ok, I don't care.

Not compatible with Ryzen 2000

I got tricked into installing 8.1 and was too lazy to roll back. Then I updated to 10 thinking it couldn't possibly be worse and was wrong. Now I wait for 11 so I can repeat same mistake once again.

But I am

i am

Obligatory updated win7 iso
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck

Any activators you find are 100% viruses

But I am.

Love this

Stop perpetuating this meme.
Just because you have to add one (ONE) driver to your win7 install for it to work doesn't mean it isnt compatible. Theres even a guide at the top of /pcbg/. I'm using win7 with a 2400g right now.

I'm using vanilla iso without updates.

Attached: 1.jpg (2000x1485, 731K)

>just don't click in bullshit
Lol.

Based and redpilled.
No one wants (((updates))).

I am.

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 264K)

but I am

Because unironically dx12 doesn't werk at all.

Most of OS just works.

Nice try, Sadeeq

Because I use GNU/Linux-Libre

I'll take out of date security vs. the complete lack of security that is Windows 10, which is essentially a spyware OS.

Modern brosers / websites were a mistake.

Used firefox and xp even in 2018, Jow Forums worked almost as fast as in your webm

why do you have utorrent and qbittorrent running at the same time

It still gives me a fair sense of control over it. Not linux level (hey I'm learning it some on a free old computer someone was tossing) but you still feel, like you have the same level of control you've had since windows 95.

>It unironically just werks™
worse than its newer versions, which is an issue.

Windows 10 works too.

Clearly zdnet.com/article/windows-10-october-update-problems-wiped-docs-plus-intel-driver-warning/

That's old news, and I was never affected by it. I heard it had something to do with OneDrive and I uninstalled and disabled it on the first day I installed LTSB.

My bad, it was related to this, earlier reports said it might've been because of OneDrive howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-explains-why-windows-10s-october-2018-update-was-deleting-peoples-files/

>using AM4, but also too retarded to install windows 7 on it

Attached: 4L_uiJVkKOH.png (645x729, 107K)

Modern technology was a mistake.

Because 8.1 is better

>be pajeet
>update to 10
hi, I'm a pop up window here to warn you that the link you just clicked comes from an untrusted source
>fools don't realize I have updated security
>i want to see bobs and vagene.
>click ignore
Are you sure
>click yes
>see cartoon titties
>have one hand on dick, one on mouse
>click furiously for one minute
>look at clock, wife will be home soon
>look back at computer
your computer has AIDS
>get on phone
>go Jow Forums
>make fun of people not using windows 10

>buy 4k monitor
>increase scaling to 200%
>second 1080p monitor now also 200% and useless
Should I switch to Windows 10 for per display scaling support? Apparently you can still upgrade for free.

Attached: 1546891393445.png (912x900, 193K)

Because I still use Windows XP, and OS X Leopard. I have a collection of roughly 25 PowerPC Macs.

Were people throwing away that many macs? I got one free recently with a core2duo in it I've been trying linux in. Are mac people just wasteful?

adapting HTML5 was the technical equivalent of your gf getting fat after you marry her

I'm using Deepin and it just works

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_20190117153610.png (1600x900, 1.1M)

I could comprise your machine by turning it off and plugging in a flash drive with Windows Repair Tool. Windows 7 is a piece of shit.

it literally does not.installed it today and youtube videos had like 3-4 screen tearing lines moving up and down all the time.you can imagine i reinstalled 8.1 instantly

Why the hell would anyone use 7, over 8.1 with open-shell?

I just switched to Windows 7 and it is mostly good but why the FUCK does it keep freezing?

Change the resolution of that monitor in the display options. Lets you do per-monitor scaling
>t. 4k on 1k screen.

I unironically use win7 without updates and it just works.

Really wish I could use XP but no DX11 sucks

taskman is doin something shady and it bundles up processes

Firefox 3.what?

>How is it walled when you can compile and run anything?
Because you don't. 99% of freetards can't into software beyond their walled garden. The remaining 1% are stumped if typing "make" immediately result in a binary. You can launch into your "oh its so hard to install things on Windows" - you're just admitting you're stupid, and incapable of downloading and deploying software yourself, and need your hand held by your distro maintainer every step of the way.
Anyway, consider yourself pwned, kiddo.

How am I supposed to prove wrong an objective truth?

these posts are pathetic
why use a 10 year old , out of support OS

a. because microshit haven't developed anything better

Nice reminder to install Slackware Linux
>As for the relationship between Slackware Linux and the Church of the SubGenius: Patrick "The Man" Volkerding is an ordained Church minister.

Attached: 1725703_1.jpg (630x630, 93K)

Because im using WES7 [spoiler]:^)[/spoiler]

I upgraded from a phenom 2 965 and ati 5770 to a ryzen 2600 and a rx580 but win 7 was giving me a lot of problems so I switched to windows10. im not liking it its ui feels like its not meant for pcs the taskbar sucks the start menu stinks fuck cortana the default video player sucks it has a bunch of bloat like game bar and microsoft store. I wanna go back.

On the latitude I'm using at this very moment

Estate sale of a deceased horder.

but I am

thats slow as shit lol

Could I install Windows arm edition on my phone?

>manual dependency resolution
>2019

digital river is down

So? There's a linked iso above. Has win7 ultimate. Tons of other places to download as well

yes, every single copy of w7 will vanish into thin air on jan 14th 2020
retard