At which point can I call myself a 'programmer'?

At which point can I call myself a 'programmer'?

Attached: 1545658286935.jpg (480x782, 32K)

Yes.

>inb4 faggot makes post about gay socks meme.

When you stop showering

> can you write a compiler?
> are you a woman or a targeted minority?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you are a programmer

If you have imposter syndrome you can safely say you're a programmer. Something something dunning kruger

you can never self-prove whether you have imposter syndrome or the dunning kruger effect

when you buy thigh high socks bb

Could this be prophecy?

If you're writing code that instructs a machine to do work for you, you're programming, and you're a programmer. It's really that simple.

There no mystique or elitism behind being a programmer. Anyone can do it

one you put on your official programmer skirt and panties

Sure, but in general if you're self-aware enough to understand you weaknesses, it's a good start.

when you work for Microsoft/Google/LinkedIn/etc.

What if the only programming thing I know is hello world?

If you've ever faked your way through writting code, you'd know you were a programmer.
If you've ever faked your way through understanding requirements and thinking your software meets those requirements, you know you're a software engineer.

when someone else(who is also recognised as a programmer) calls you one

Once you program

I really hope this is impostor syndrome because I'm 4 'real' years in.

When you can write a simple calculator without having an internet connection.

Roots, exponenents and trigonometry are part of a simple calculator?
Also, GUI needed?

>At which point can I call myself a 'programmer'?
You can do that right now if you wish.

still a programmer. gotta start somewhere, man.

most standard libraries come with functions for that stuff, don't they?

You´d be a shitty programmer.

You can call yourself a programmer at any time. The trick is, being able to call yourself a *good* programmer.

When you stop playing games and/or watching anime completely

I'm the only good programmer in this entire board lmao

unrironically

Attached: cheers pepe.jpg (232x232, 10K)

proof?

give me the hardest coding puzzle you could ever find and i will solve it in literally less than 10 seconds

Attached: smug pepe.jpg (600x600, 30K)

Attached: 1507078056361.png (657x539, 110K)

What about a transpiler?

When you write your own assembler.

I guess:

-Understanding how memory works
-Understanding what you are doing with it and what happens when you are writing code
-Being able to write GUI with functionality
-Being able to do websites and understand HTML/CSS/JS/jQuery/Bootstrap/PHP/AJAX
-Understand how the web works
-Understand how API works and how to write simple mobile application to detect objects
-Understand shell environment and scripting, being able to write your own scripts

This was basically about 30% of our work in first 3 months of CS college 1st year. I'm not even going any further, but there's a lot of implications when it comes to "programming".

The most important thing in the end is basically being able to read documentations, learn new things and implement bits of your newly found knowledge into a whole structured code that does what you want it to do.

why is 1+1 = 2

Attached: 1510889252412.png (650x740, 47K)

The thing with dunning Kruger is that everybody gets one. You peak confidence when you start and then you become incredibly hopeless, also nobody can reach the same level of confidence ever again, I bet people like carmack still have imposter to a certain degree

Attached: vlcsnap2018091219h48m30s776.png (960x540, 431K)

No, that makes you a racist because it's discriminating against transgendered individuals

>literally

try me

When you code a fucking compiler.

When you can effortlessly create programs and import new frameworks and libraries into your projects and when you can improve on previous people's work (contribute to OSS projects).

If you freak out over adding a new functionality to an existing project then you're not a programmer.