I love my tech job

I love my tech job

Attached: 1522562005685.jpg (876x390, 69K)

>no ball pit
>no brightly colored decor
>no bean bags
>no nerf guns
>no adult coloring books
>no onions dispenser
>no minorites
>no comic book posters
>no action figures on peoples desks
2/10 would not work at

Looks disorganized and loud.

> Round tables
> open space
Fuck you.

more and more i get the feeling that these tech people are people who are subhumans that are too inferior for real work.

it's true.
vaporize any number of tech companies, what happens? Nothing.
The majority of tech today seems to revolve around exploiting the new set of poor/ignorant people coming online with cheap devices. The last ten years was all ad centric and shithead tech companies growing their services by doing illegal stuff.

Define "real work"

I wonder what actually gets done in that environment.

Ball pits are misogynist.

sorry, orb pit

Holy shit, what happened to privacy?

>sorry, orb pit
No matter how you call it, they're still hairy sweaty smelly lovely balls.

Privacy shmivacy, what if you're gaming there?

And what have you got to hide?

>orb
are you assuming their shape?

my massive dick

man... there's no way I'll ever manage to work as a developer...
not at these conditions, my anxiety would be out of limits

Great story, fag. You probably also choke down dicks one after the other on your lunch breaks in the bathroom.

Attached: cheers.jpg (225x225, 9K)

So what? Are you homophobe or something? Are you afraid, that I'll suck your dick?

Any work that if it were to stop for a period of time, the world economy would collapse and billions would die from hunger and disease.
Real work: Agriculture, Mining, Petroleum, Scientific Research, Finance, Medicine, and more.
Not real work: Baseddevs and anything to do with Apple.

No, I'll be the one holding you down and choking the life out of you with my cock down your throat. I'm just pointing out the facts, and the facts are that no one cares what you think.

how are you supposed to jerk off there

Attached: koma002.jpg (788x612, 55K)

by looking your co-workers in the eyes

Sometimes i wonder if these places just have rooms like this for press shots and everywhere else in the building is just generic old office furniture.

Have there ever been any studies done on the impact that working spaces like this have on people? It'd be interesting to see if there's any improvement on productivity and the well being of employees, and whether different personality traits effect that. I think it would be fine for gregarious employees, but who knows.

They're all liberals too, except for the weird quiet guy. I'm glad that intelligence correlates with liberalism.

Which would be fine if it wasn't for the competitive virtue signalling

Attached: serveimage.png (780x1061, 531K)

sour grapes: the thread

>work hard to get good tech/programming skills
>due to shitty office space you barely achieve 30% of your potential
>sour grapes
lol
i feel bad for them desu, if i was a billionaire i would build random office buildings full of cubicals and rent them out in exchange for a percentage of their skyrocketing profit due to increased productivity.

why aren't you a billionaire though

Problem with offices is that different people click with different types of spaces, some people might function incredibly well in an open office and find their productivity crash in cubicles, and the opposite is true for others.

Personally i find a focused team space is pretty productive, but i'd never want to work in those convention centre sized office halls that some places have. And i do like having my own desk rather than the "hot" system some places prefer (in theory i'm supposed to hot desk, but everyone has kind of settled into their own spaces)

> weird quiet guy
he does all the work
carries the weight of the whole team

Why office spaces look like kindergartens

I'll take the b8 the current economy is dependent on the internet and technology and would collapse without it

I'd rather work in a shabby back office full of computer junk, and only communicate with the normie workforce by e-mail. But, oh no! IT tards have to be social now.

Only OCD Autists have the l33t computer skills to run a corporations IT. I bet these people don't even keep piss jugs under their desks.

Attached: 1546773622821.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>no minorities
10/10 would work at

Anything that Jow Forums can do with a high-school education and 90 IQ.

>i-i didn't want to work at a tech company making 300k total compensation anyways, they're all useless to society and total basedboys!!!
Cope: the thread.

Attached: tears.png (633x758, 16K)

>lone syasadmin
>first thing today I accidentally restart a production server that's running the CMS everyone uses
>everyone starts yelling, realize my mistake
>page the announcement line
>"There was a fatal error, I'll have it back up in a couple minutes"
>Boss comes in, I have up a CMD window with ping -t server.domain.local and am typing gibberish commands into a powershell window, event log open scrolled to where there are a bunch of errors
>Server comes back up. I'm a hero.
>People thanking me saying I'm the best

I do love my tech job

Attached: ellxt55swor01.jpg (960x768, 66K)

>confusing IT with development
retard normalfag detected

>finance
>medicine
>real work
top kek, those are even worse parasites than basedgoys

Id love to hear how much that desk cost
>productivity is sinking, lets rearrange the room! what? oh.

There were a couple of them, some Harvard studies point to severe decrease in work productivity and communication, while increasing time spent on messeging apps/fooling around social media sites.

>some people might function incredibly well in an open office
very few people because you simply cant produce deep meaningful work in a highschool cafeteria environment.
look, there's an interview process where you can see or ask about the current state of the office. if you dont like it then feel free to go back where you came from. it should be a competitive environment adjusted for productivity thus they shouldnt adapt to the lowest most handicapped most sensitive common denominator.
this shit doesn't happen in other professional environments because they arent as coddled as these american kids. I'm pretty sure "some" lawyers would prefer open spaces and "some" welders would prefer ambient music and warm lighting but instead they are all told to do what they're supposed to do from 9 to 5 or fuck off. best people strive in [certain conditions] therefore [certain conditions] should be the norm otherwise everyone loses.
if you had a football team would you adjust your tactics and training grounds to cater to the skinny paraplegic dude with down syndrome who showed up for practice ?

Attached: thinkin about booty.jpg (607x710, 25K)

>An Exeter University study showed they create a 32 percent drop in "workers' well-being" and 15 percent reduction in productivity.
>A study of 10,000 workers funded by office furniture giant Steelcase revealed that "95 percent said working privately was important to them, but only 41 percent said they could do so, and 31 percent had to leave the office to get work completed."
Office workers lose an average of 86 minutes per day due to distractions associated with open-plan offices. As a result, many employees are "unmotivated, unproductive, and overly stressed," according to the study funded by Steelcase.
>A study at Queensland University of Technology's Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation found that working in environments without offices "caus[es] high levels of stress, conflict, high blood pressure, and a high staff turnover."
>Not surprisingly, employees in open-plan offices take more sick days. According to The New Yorker, companies with open-plan offices can expect employees to take a whopping 62 percent more sick leave.
>People aren't stupid. They know that behind the hip-sounding biz-blab about "collaborative work areas" lies the perennial desire of the paranoid, insecure micro-manager to peer over every worker's shoulder at a moment's notice.
>In open-plan environments, there are always a handful of private offices for the bigwigs. Because everyone hates the open plan, the struggle over who gets a "real office" is cutthroat, creating unnecessary bad blood and wounded egos.
>According to one study, "senior engineers, bankers, and people working in financial services...found the open-plan environment challenging, particularly when focusing on complex tasks like analyzing figures or working on documents."
>Here's the real kicker. As I pointed out in a recent post on LinkedIn, open-plan offices are so incredibly destructive to productivity that they're a net huge loss, even in areas where office space is pricey.

>and "some" welders would prefer ambient music
lol I can tell you've never actually worked in a welding shop and are just talking about shit you have 0 experience in. In most welding shops I've worked there's music blaring constantly.

Well, waiting for capitalism to win then

man child detected

>no manlet pit
>no popcorn mines
>no vape zone
>no backup vape zone

r=-0.8

Wow in california 300k still qualifies you for welfare

COPE

300 gets ass raped by taxes. Take home pay after tax, benefits, retirement is only like 10k per month.

what part of India are you from?

massive cope

>300k gets ass raped by taxes
Someone making 300k can save 100k a year and then move to a low cost of living area to retire.

Are you saving 100k/year in your 80k/year job in a flyover state?

Cope harder.

I make 220k in flyover country. So I’m jealous of the 300k, but you need to understand it’s not as much money as you think. You aren’t saving 100k of it every year unless you live like a homeless person.

>you aren't saving 100k of it every year
cope, good (but not great) standard of living in the bay is achievable with 50k expenditure.

If you think 50k is a good quality of life then why are you shitting on people that earn that much?

>earning 50k is the same as spending 50k

Attached: 1459658201.png (394x450, 17K)

It is the exact same thing if your take home is 50k (after races, benefits, retirement) and you spend all of it

Why are you so mean, btw?

t. Project Manager

Cause I hate the low-content culture (and also the coping mechanisms and mental gymnastics people use here) on Jow Forums and yet I can't stop browsing it, so I might as well be abusive to people.

Sweetie, 300k benefits is like 150k cash, which is like 100k after taxes and 50k after rent. That's poland levels.

300k total comp is salary+stock options, not salary+stock+benefits.

But you’re just making it worse. I’m sure you’re a good person, just keep in mind you’re chatting with real people. :-)

i will never accept working under other people, having to deal with shit bosses and dumb shit is for idiots if you accept not being the boss, then you deserve your place

just curious how old you guys are and where you work and what company?

>Scientific Research
world won't collapse without it user

If I go to interview at a job and I see that this is their office, I would immediately walk out the fucking door.

Did that once, I'm a NEET since then.

take home is 200k+ even after tax

>300k total comp is salary+stock options
false, at fang it's stock that vests monthly, as good as cash

>i will never accept working under other people

Attached: 1523400854834.jpg (644x1024, 423K)

No, and certainly not in California. Even with no pre-tax health/retirement savings deducted.

That guy is debt-free and probably has a higher net worth than 75% of Americans.

i will give you that, so we exterminate those with negative net worth?

Debt is the only way to motivate most wage slaves while still giving them the illusion of freedom.

t. sociopath

Why are they crammed together in a fucking warehouse? Is this the power of working in a large city?
At least i have a semi-secluded half cube so i'm not constantly seeing other people

Attached: Desk.jpg (2576x1932, 1.1M)

If anyone here had a job that went beyond flipping burgers you would know that all large scale engineering, creative design, scientific research, architecture, is all done in large open office spaces. Just do a google image search for the offices of Boeing, Merck pharmaceuticals, Industrial Light & Magic, its all open office space.

Attached: big-offices-interiors-new-york-city-brooklyn-dumbo-usa_dezeen_2364_col_14.jpg (2364x1330, 647K)

>current year
>not working from home

Attached: 200x400px-LL-98cc7296_79E5F82B-22B2-4FDF-8139-8E641CBD8EBE-25355-000014DD0EBE7A55.gif (124x124, 298K)

and this is NOT a NEW thing, its been like this for over 100 years

Attached: Boeing Engineers.jpg (330x261, 22K)

>Boeing, Merck, Industrial Light & Magic
Bankrupts, Purveyors of Snake Oil and actual Mickey Mouse Co.

Christ, I work in a small IT company and I have my own room, sometimes 1 or 2 colleagues sit in the same room. I work 3 days a week from my office and 1 day at home. Get on my level.

debt is actually healthy. there can be a good debt and bad debt.

good luck living in a western civilization without any debt.

But the only things that applies to are agriculture, and mining. Everything else we could go Stone Age and be alive.

>consumer debt is good
What religion do you happen to follow?

>real people
All of you are bots and I’m screaming into the void as the abyss swallows me whole

I work at a tech company with an office space like this. Something to note is that most tech companies are ok with people working from home now. I come in to the office two days a week to meet with people, make plans, review results, and generally fuck around and socialize with my coworkers. The other three days I'm at home actually getting work done.

Scientology

This would never happen at any company floated on a relevant stock market.

>half cubelets
LMFAO get a load of this wageslave, he has to share his prison

Attached: OOo.jpg (480x534, 18K)

How did they get those light rings around the columns?

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

I would be proud to let out a stinky fart in such a space

good luck having your population be productive without medicine. enjoy your plagues. also lets be real adderall and other stimulants are keeping this economy afloat.

>How
Voodoo. I notice all these proponents of 'Open Plan Offices' are sitting in architectural-designed cathedrals with fucking 10m+ high ceilings. The approach really doesn't translate to your standard office building. This is also why places where people get stuffed in lots, transit centers, lots of comings and goings etc are built on NY Grand Central principle. Build it High, or take your 'Open Principles' and stuff them up your open orifice where they truly belong, you just driving ppl insane.

Attached: bjarke-ingels-group-dumbo-office-designboom-013[1].jpg (818x545, 102K)

The only debt I have is my mortgage. I've never had any other real debt in my life, save for a couple credit cards that I pay off each month in full and only keep around because of the goodgoy credit score system coercing me.

My children probably won't even have a mortgage because I'll just buy them homes outright (offer valid in flyover states only lol)

Enjoy your debt you consumerist cuck

I don't work in it but my office is dirty and has a terrible strong air conditioning that gets on my nerves.

Anyway it has its own sink and microwave and refrigerator. There's a small oven, griddle and toaster. Plenty of space and I can't imagine having just a small cubicle.