Why can't they use robots to pull the Spanish boy out of the well?

Back in 1981, Alfredo Rampi died in Italy after he keeps falling further down the well. Almost forty years later we got another kid down a well, in Spain, and we are still trying to get to him by tunneling from the side when there are drones? (Pictured) Surely there is some tiny robot they can send down there to harness him.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6604591/Rescuers-call-excavators-prepare-dig-two-tunnels-bid-save-boy.html

Or what about using superglue on his shoulders?

Attached: Robot Arm Drone.jpg (505x421, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o4HTvVM3U3U
youtube.com/watch?v=A9OdUPY3OyE
newatlas.com/festo-octopusgripper-details/48721/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why don't you call them up and suggest it?

>spics

Because you can't read
>Rescuers are for now unable to get to where they believe the child is as a layer of earth, sand and stones believed to have been dragged down by Julen when he fell have blocked the well.

What's their fucking problem?

so hes a two year old, somewhere at the bottom of a 350-foot well, which he fell down, buried under a layer earth, sand and stones, nobodies seen or heard trace of him, and this has been going on since Sunday ?
like, horrible for the parents, but not sure deus ex machina intervention would help any now

How about these retards put a fucking grate on the well?

So they can't send robots down there to have a look? Whatever it is they used to show us the inside of rabbit tunnels on discovery channel.

It's just I see all all these amazing tech on the Discovery channel used for exploration, I wonder why they don't use them in these situations.

>How about these retards put a fucking grate on the well?

They probably didn't think it was a danger because it was so small, only a tiny toddler fell in (and well, normally tiny toddlers shouldn't be running around).

Attached: 15in-wide hole Julen fell down on Sunday afternoon.jpg (634x487, 38K)

Watch the video

wheres elon musk

This MIGHT be something he could help with, his Boring company. That said, what he did or had done was tunnel under to create an expressway for cars, this tunneling would require more finesss.

In that Italy case 40 years ago, the tunneling from the side might have shook the main tunnel enough to cause the boy to slide down further.

Worse, these are gypsies who "lost" another toddler are few years ago. They probably sold the thing.

>normally tiny toddlers shouldn't be running around).

Spoken like a true USAnian.

Attached: american-children.jpg (403x403, 23K)

I'm a leaf, a ching chong leaf.

...you can exercise your toddler by PLAYING with that toddler at home, childproof home. It's stupid to just let a kid that young run around outside where outside had wells! Babies don't grow on trees.

Attached: giphy.gif (320x180, 838K)

Why are they bothering with any urgency?
Surely there's zero chance the kid is alive?

Kids and stones weigh more than that chair, and that drone is already pushing the size limit that would probably be able to fly down the well.

They could use a midget.

dont disagree, but even if there was a(ny) chance, its actually a right difficult problem - you can't get a fucking drone down there, its 15in wide, also, kid would need to be pulled out more or less upright, cant really grab at him like an arcade crane machine, etc. Its fairly simple scenario, a kid at the bottom of a long shaft, but all the tech in the world is useless here - just, no one wants to be first to admit it

Attached: 1d6[1].jpg (330x309, 24K)

So? Just suck it up with a vacuum pipe?

>... Or do they?
>VSAUCE Micheal here

>being such a terrible parent that you let your kid fall down a well

Just close off every entrance except one and start pumping water in, it'll come out eventually.
This. Worst case scenario, his boring machine will make a meat smoothie.
Could be alive. That child in Russia, on the New Year's Eve, spent two days trapped under the rubble with the temperature below freezing.

Some people in spain invented a new drone with arms like that.
Oh dear fucking god. Fuck that. Fuck everything about that. You ain't sending a drone down that. Getting a robot to harness up a toddler in a hole like that is pretty much impossible with todays tech. I mean if we had better and smaller telerobots on hand, sure, but we don't. There's some bitching EOD robots with fine motor control in the US, but I don't think they can be sent in time. Plus no one wants to be that robot company that killed a toddler. That toddler might be dead, he's covered in dirt.

One of these bad boys could probably fit into the hole.

Attached: 20170215_101653.jpg (1000x563, 108K)

that would rip his eyes from their sockets, rupture his eardrums, and suck blood continually until it was shut off, sucking him dry as if a giant mosquito were snacking on him to feed her next generation of blood sucking parasites

Mosquitoes aren't parasites

>350feet
to recover the corpse?

>Mosquitoes aren't parasites
I wonder who could be behind this post

and then what's it gonna do? jack off his little pee pee with it's robot thumb and forefinger?

I’m sure unsolicited opinions and theories from Elon Musk will carry the kid right out just like they did all those Tai cave kids

W-w-what do you mean...

Attached: mosquito.jpg (1280x972, 60K)

I just meant by definition

>Give poor Pablo one final hand job before he dies.
Doing God's work.

Attached: 1543884674283.jpg (688x692, 61K)

You see, it is getting filled up naturally.

Attached: finalSolution.png (514x1360, 81K)

You've pulled out this thing. Now what?

Attached: pablo.gif (200x200, 11K)

lol this
I thought Spanish were white.

There are many unknowns!!
1. The company that made the well (in december 2018) blocked it with a stone and shot tons of ground on it with a escavator.

2. Nobody says who is unveiling it, how they are gypsies there is a lot of political correctness.

3. The versions of the family do not fit and they sound weird

4. The well has a ground plug at 70 meters (over the child), the experts have said that the gound of the plug does not look like the ground of the area...

So, there are many unknowns

Have they tried a rope?

keep welcoming those africans chasing away paying tourists

Tell that to the politicians and the people who vote, I do not vote

>That child in Russia, on the New Year's Eve, spent two days trapped
Sunday - Friday ≠ '2 days' tho user. tldr, It dont look so good, Jim

youtube.com/watch?v=o4HTvVM3U3U

>You ain't sending a drone down that.
All I see is a fantastic surface to send a wall-driving robot down.

assuming you could use the sides for leverage, what (as previously inquired) the fuck does it do, exactly, when it 'arrives' ? The chances of that just getting stuck and compounding the problem are not minimal.

Here's the proof of concept
The main body is narrow enough to never get stuck
The wheels are on pneumatic suspensions (represented as springs in my sketch), to provide maximum grip at all times while being flexible enough to drive past any irregularities
At the bottom you just fucking grab the boy, style, and drive back up. There'd probably also be a camera and light source there.

As for the rubble I don't fucking know, but it's not any different from sending down a flying drone. Could try to bring it up in trips.

Attached: meem.png (1440x2308, 79K)

this
that poor kid is prolly on some amerifat pedo's basement

>cant really grab at him like an arcade crane machine
This is the only tech that'd actually work here.
A claw that can grab rocks or scoop up dirt, with wheels on arms for stabilisation, winched down there.
The amount of dirt it'd probably knock off on the way down might make it all pointless.

You know the claw would drop something that cool before it's even half way up

Spanish people, are they the ones responsible for the mutt problem in south/central America?

So it goes down like this for 2 minutes, and then there's this at the bottom.
Why does anyone assume the baby survived the fall and being buried underneath all that rubble?

Attached: ss (2019-01-18 at 14.27.32).webm (406x220, 1.65M)

>Why does anyone assume the baby survived the fall and being buried underneath all that rubble?
they dont

Then why is it called a rescue?
Should be a body recovery.

you probably already know the answer

Not really. It's better clickbait?

F

because its someones kid and they dont want to believe it's dead

there is no way that is alive

Fuck this, vacuum hose. Clear that shit out, stick it to the babys skin and pull it up.

Well by definition a parasite must cause constant harm for its host to benefit itself, a mosquito just eats a bit of blood and fucks off. Meanwhile, humans constantly destroy millions of acres of plants, kill billions of livestock, harvest (kill) gazillion tons of crops, I think a little bit of blood is nothing in comparison.

>empty well that's literally hundreds of feet deep

wee woo wee woo retard alert

they literally make well vents for this precise reason.

>Implying Spain isn't a bunch of delocated goatfuckers.

Why not blast the rubble apart with a controlled C4 explosion?

Is either a hoax or the kid is dead

Attached: 1546134681815.gif (200x200, 515K)

>dead anyway
>feeding them false hope
Sounds immoral

This is how rescue ops work. You keep working at it because fuck, if he was alive and you gave up you'd be in the shit.

did the kid die?

its not 'false hope', it's more like refusing to give up

That is not how you rescue somebody from a pit... you only lift a body with machinery if it is already a corpse

Kinda curious as to how something that deep and that narrow was dug in the first place.

Why not suck out the debris with a grated hose untill you see scalp. Then glue a rope to it and pull it out? I'm serious.

spaniard magic, nobody knows how to drill a well.

You could have just said it was drilled, I'm not out here claiming to be smart.

>Then glue a rope to it and pull it out? I'm serious.
Weeellll.. if you only hoovered 'till you saw scalp' then pulled on a superglued head, you'd (maybe) at least raise the head, but not much else. Its the same problem with using a grabber, you can grab 'a bit' sure, or end up with 'a bit' if you get your angles wrong on the way up and it jams. idk if you can vacuum rocks up 350ft vertical (?) - theres maybe reasons they discussing boring anew instead - but for fucking sure, debating it all for another week be pointless

It's a diet problem, not exercise.

Typical (i.e. not wealthy) American diets consist of carb heavy, nutrient deficient, processed crap in giant portions. Health education is pretty garbage here, and most people still seem to think that "low-fat" isn't just a meme to sell more sugar.

If you aren't wealthy and or educated, you're probably going to get fat here.

I don't believe the kid ever fell down in the first place. Rubble covering him is bullshit.

Parents killed or lost him.

did the kid die or nah
lol at the stupid parents for not helicoptering their kid 24/7, you can't trust little kids to be safe on their own.

didn't some aunt or other bitch see him fall in from a distance?

user's just trying to help

Attached: 1496290562558.gif (247x183, 2.21M)

Then pour liquid glue onto the debris and pull it out. Keep adding glue and pulling until you see scalp. I'm sure the skin will tear before the neck snaps so worth a shot?

>at least raise the head, but not much else.

Head and shoulders then.

The weight of a toddler is mostly the head, so it's not like an adult that had much more body weight.

I was thinking something that first grab the head, around the crown to stop the boy from slipping down further. Then you wiggle something down to grab the waist. Some kind of pole, with ends that can open up, then you pull that pole up.

>That toddler might be dead, he's covered in dirt.

OP here, I think the toddler is most likely dead, but the parents need the body for closure, and then there is the What If, just because he's most likely dead doesn't mean he's certainly dead, it would be horrid if no effort was made and then we found the scratch marks that lasted days...

I'm reminded of a creepy crime case I read awhile back, a girl was missing for over a week, when she was found frozen to death in the woods, duck taped to a tree, she had died within hours of being found.

>Babies don't grow on trees
I'm pretty sure gypsie/mudslime ones do.

But the kid will get out, no?

Fill the hole with water and the kid can float to the top.

He floats.

Attached: well.jpg (750x490, 60K)

The problem is that water makes everything cooler so he could get hypothemia before he gets to the top.

Alive or dead.

Cynically speaking, I usually sees these as both body recovery AND practice for getting the next one out alive.

The Australia doctor-diver who helped bring the Thai cave boys out alive, he had a prior experience, recovering the dead body of a fellow explorer some years back.

He's also covered by rubble. He'd drown

...and it is practice for the next one, drills with no what if real person in danger will never get the okay for funding as much as IF someone is really in danger. They failed to save this one, well, the effort that went into it, could help save the NEXT one.

So...the Carnegie Mellon Modular Snake Robots for Cave Rescue...it is totally small enough to fit down there, the problem is it can't 'crawl' down there, this well is a hole almost straight down, and this robot is made for crawling over debris:
youtube.com/watch?v=A9OdUPY3OyE

It''ll be good for taking a look at what's down there.

But to fish something back up...need a robot that is tiny, and/or has very slender and prehensile limbs, like a tentacle, that can wrap around a body. Or something that can handle strapping a body into a harness.

It's not often that a toddler or anyone falls down a well, but they do...and boarder application to whatever solution is archived can be applied to when someone is trapped down a DEEP elevator shaft after a disaster.

Attached: Carnegie Mellon Modular Snake Robots for Cave Rescue.jpg (430x282, 33K)

fucking lol i didn't notice Pennywise at first

>like a tentacle
Festo's OctopusGripper object grabber
newatlas.com/festo-octopusgripper-details/48721/
//Like the animal that inspired its creation, the OctopusGripper's 22 cm (8.6 in)-long tapered tentacle has two rows of suction cups. Its soft silicone structure has a chamber running along its length that causes the tentacle to bend inwards when compressed air is applied, wrapping itself around objects of varying shapes. Festo's engineers surrounded the chamber with a Lycra fiber cover to restrict its expansion and protect the silicone outer skin from bursting, while a wafer-thin polystyrene film has been installed in the middle of the tentacle to make sure that the structure only bends inwards.

Designed to grip securely but gently, so as not to crush or damage whatever it is holding, the small suction cups at the thin end of the tentacle attach to the surface of an object passively, but eight of the larger cups at the other end are connected to a vacuum line that can be actively engaged during the gripping process. Festo also says that the components installed within the tentacle are elastic and deformable, making for safe human/robot collaboration in the workplace.//

Attached: Festo's OctopusGripper object grabber.jpg (1000x722, 76K)

Most likely, if the fall didn't kill him, he would have been crushed to death by now. :(

Seriously, whoever left that hole there has f-ed up major. The parents could have been watching him more closely but the mother could have been right beside him and the toddler could have fell in - something like this happens in places where the sewer covers are lost or stolen.

Need to get the body back so parents can have closure, and fine the ones responsible for the cost of this mess.

If only the rocks were metallic or if gravity can be turned off...

>leaving open holes unattended
I bet Shia Labeouf is responsible