Guys I'm thinking of buying a powerbook G4 and I was wondering what CPU...

Guys I'm thinking of buying a powerbook G4 and I was wondering what CPU, GPU and RAM types it supports so I could upgrade them?

Attached: k.jpg (259x194, 8K)

It supports PPC G4 processors. Thats why its called 'powerbook g4'

The processors are soldered, good luck upgrading them yourself. There were 3rd party CPU upgrades though. While the max Apple offered was a 1.67GHz G4 you could get your PowerBook upgraded to a 1.92GHz G4. As for memory you want PC2700 DDR SODIMMs. If you get the 12" you can upgrade the 1024x768 TN panel to a 1400x1050 IPS panel.

huh, inerestin

ah shit, would clover/arch with kde or lxde be light enough on it for game dev? If game dev would be too heavy would ubuntu studio be alright?

Linux anything on these fucking trash. Only one mouse button, and mouse emulation for the trackpad is beyond hideous. If you don’t like Tiger or Leopard, don’t bother.

? Why wouldn't it work very well?

None of those support PowerPC. Debian's probably your best bet for Linux. I've found OpenBSD to be the best non-Apple OS for PowerPC Macs.

aw shit niga

Attached: 1542287808736.png (400x1650, 367K)

?

This, but there are next to 0 useful precompiled packages for PPC. You can try ports, but you’ll run into problems with missing/broken libraries.

that's a bit shit

>macshit
Found your problem.

lol

I have literally one of the last and high end, upgraded PowerBook G4's, even SSD and battery that lasts hours. I'll give it to you for 75 yuro.

Attached: IMG_20180914_185016.jpg (2250x4000, 2.94M)

You can upgrade everything except the CPU/GPU.

Game development? What are you, some stupid /v/toddler? PowerPC is incompatible with x86. Do you understand that, retard?

Attached: 1547056111204.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Debian runs perfectly fine with a up to date repo.
Stop spewing out shit if you have no idea.

That's an 06 pro you fuckin tard.

What a dumbass.

Attached: IMG_0002powerbookg4_1.jpg (2000x1500, 3.2M)

>fuckin tard.
talking about yourself?

Attached: Clipboard01.png (676x368, 187K)

even the fastest g4 laptops will be dog shit slow and unusable in 2019, literally garbage. a g4 is just a g3 with "altivec" anyways, the mobile g4 is unbearably slow

>mactoddler untermensch calling each other retards

Attached: 1536984578453.jpg (733x464, 102K)

Attached: 034.png (500x519, 244K)

They're serviceable, kinda. The keyboards are god tier, though. Gives my thinkpads a run for their money.

Attached: PBG4.jpg (1440x960, 783K)

I have a pile of these I'm hoarding in hope that they'll increase in value someday. Don't really use them much.

>this is what mactoddler subhumans actually believe

>not machuman subtoddlers
0/10

>mactoddlers
>human
0/10

Attached: 1520864120059.jpg (996x954, 319K)

I'm on australia
I'm mean Linux and BSD games

>I'm on australia
Is it hard to stay on?

well with the encryption ban and other shit laws, not mention the out of touch PSA's and shit sometimes i wonder why abo
niggas are proud of it

I can imagine the gravity of the situation

yaeh, the shitieniss of our govournment makes it hard to hang on

Why aren't you running based Leopard Webkit instead of boomerfox

lot faster, probably

firefox is the best browser duummb cunt boomer browser is chrome

it could be a lot worse because the trackpads are substantially differently programmed than other trackpads, combined with a small linux user base, would mean there was a lot of work required for a good fit, and very little interest in getting the work done

couldn't you just cross compile (i dont know shit lel)

>probably
It's not, from the reports I've read.

Comparing the PPC version of semi-up-to-date FurryFox on my G5 against Safari with the 3rd party Webkit update, Safari is way faster.

Because Leopard WebKit hasn’t seen an update since October. I can confirm that safari is much faster though.