>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>GTX 2060; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: review2.jpg (1600x1200, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dMQDdX
pcpartpicker.com/list/qn4pYT
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAHF58ME8750
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3QQdTB
pcpartpicker.com/list/L3yWTB
pcpartpicker.com/list/bNdbQZ
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ej9mOe5NamLldpfyFfXrqvLMZP-aG2Zi1su7QzPRNJY/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any recommendation on HDDs size/brand to save games? I currently have like 40 games and used about 180 Gb on my laptop but plan to complete a build and get more games soon.

>using HDDs in current year
No. Just no man. You don't need to have 40 games installed on your PC at the same time dude, are you like playing 33 games a day? There's something called cloud storage where you can download the game whenever you want to play it and when you're done playing the game, you can delete it. Then if you ever want to come back to it, you just redownload, ffs.

AMD BAD MONOPOLY GOOD

Attached: tardo.png (1200x1359, 186K)

Attached: basednvidia.png (1117x580, 942K)

Lol at the nigger from the last general who claimed there are no WD blue 7200s.

>Redownloading a game every time you play
You're aware fiber is still not available worldwide, right?

Oh, I didn't know you were an impatient nigger. Good luck making it through February with your limited GIB bucks from daddy government.

Stupid faggot, fuck off. I have 6tb of games, movies and shows backed up. I'm not downloading shit over and over again.
Fuck off

That man has seen more dick than that "roastie" I'm sure.

>Nanny state REEEE
What the fuck are you on about?

t.data cap cuck'd

That passive heatsink is sexy.

What fps difference will a 3.9 vs 4.2 ryzen 2600 overclock have in 1440p 60fps gaming? Basically, my overclock is shit. What am I missing out on?

>4.2 ryzen 2600
That's golden sample tier shit. And probably barely any difference at all.

>if you dont buy this dogshit then this company cant survive!
Oh well. Ati should have just been left to die

Whats the difference between a B450 and B450M?
There is a 60 dollar difference between those.

Really? I thought I lost the 'silicon lottery' from the looks of things. I just don't want to feel like I'm missing out with my first proper build, and I'd really rather not send my cpu back at this point.

It's garbage
one fan can drop temps by several degrees, it's way more efficient. Just lol at these meme fanless heatsink designs

Zero
get a decent GPU first, a 2060 or something minimum.

You're missing nothing, you bought a dirt cheap CPU and got a decent OC out of it. Stop comparing to shit you see online.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dMQDdX
Can someone please help a brainlet out with this build. How will I know if this motherboard will work with this CPU or not? As this one is throwing up a potential incompatibility warning. Or could you guys please recommend one (preferably Asus) in a similar price range that's guaranteed to be compatible with this CPU. Thanks.

Attached: dell-dimension-4700_3qv6.jpg (275x259, 20K)

How easy is to find shit on US retail stores? Mostly best buys?
I want to buy a ryzen (+ mobo + ram) when im in the US next week, but i dont have a CC, so i cant buy shit on Newegg / amazon, only on retail.

ATX and microATX

Best disk cloning tool?

Most Best buy's I've seen don't even sell CPU and motherboards in person. Those types of parts are all online only. If you're going to be in the US, why not look up a Fry's? Or microcenter?

I was going to upgrade from my ancient 560 Ti to a RX 570 and then i found that they have different PSU connectors.

The old Nvidia had 12, my power source has 2 x 6 pin cables, and the new AMD has 1 x 8 pin connector.

How fucked am i?

Attached: IMG_20190118_205052.jpg (1503x1512, 341K)

Oh, I know, I wouldn't use one. But still...

w2c cooler in OP's pic? Is it any good?

not at all it should come with a cable that you can plug into the psu cable

>why not look up a Fry's? Or microcenter?
None where im going to.
[spoiler]Orlando[/spoiler]

If I go with an i9-9900k, how soon would it be before I'd have to upgrade? Maybe like 3-4 years?

Left has 40% poo so no thanks.

won't even last 2 years m8.

Do you want new cheap GPUs to be shittier and good ones to be even more expensive? Then don't keep AMD afloat and get the taste of monopoly.

Upgrading is subjective

You mean one cable like this? I bought it 2nd hand so I'll have to ask the owner.

Do you think It will draw enough power from my PSU ( I know it has enough but don't now if it'll fall short from a 6to8 pin conversion)?

Attached: file.png (1500x1500, 1.32M)

Depends on how satisfied you are. Lots of people still use Core 2 Duos. The 2500k/2600k came out in 2011 and they still put up competitive numbers. There's a reason there's so many videos comparing the 2500k/2600k to modern cpus.

you think you and your shilling has any effect on the industry? All your drone shilling nonstop does is make me hate you and amd ever more.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I'm planning on building a gaming rig when I get my tax returns. My budget is around $2,000 and I'm aiming for 1440p/144hz. pcpartpicker.com/list/qn4pYT This is what I got for now, I may switch the 2080 for a 1080ti If I can score one with a warranty on Ebay. You guys have any suggestion?

So with something like this that's liquid cooled, does it come with water already in it? How does it work exactly? Just looking at it has me confused, how do the wires transfer the wind from the fans to the CPU?Doesn't seem like it'd do much... My previous build I just used the stock fan that was included with my Intel CPU. Is this better than those types of air CPU coolers? Seems a bit pricier but I don't mind paying an extra $40 considering it looks much better.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAHF58ME8750

Im rocking a 2500k with a 1070
The only reason im upgrading is for Hitman2, DMC5, AC7 and maybe Cyberpunk. Guess going over 50 on MHW is an extra.
I dont expect games good enough to warrant an upgrade from me in the next 5-8 year, tho.

The absolute state of this industry

How much should I pay for a 2010 2nd hand i7 980X?

Don't get a poopy-colored noctua fan, it will kill your overall aesthetic score. Especially if you're getting a windowed case.

Just had the joy of building in this nigga.

Attached: Ghost S1-min.png (2170x1254, 1.17M)

still waiting for mine :(
looks sick user

What would you recommend? I'm new to PC building.

>AC7
Dude, the next Animal Crossing game is only going to be the 5th installment. Also, not available on the PC, I'm afraid.

Get a z390 motherboard and you'll be golden. Z370 is 7/8th gen. That's a 9th gen CPU.

Given that a brand new 8700k is significantly better, i say 100-140 bucks, but i have no idea how second hand market works

>paying almost $300 for an i5
shit build get this instead
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3QQdTB

Its a z370 board, you need a z390 to use 9th gen cpus out of the box.

does anyone here own the aoc c24g1 and can share their thoughts on it?
unsure if i want to buy it due to a mish mash of opinions

It's finally happened Jow Forums. My PC of nearly a decade has finally given up the ghost. The specs were
>Core i7-990X OC'd to 4.1GHz
>2x GTX 295x2 (Quad SLI)
>24GB DDR3-1600MHz
>ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme LGA 1366
>3x 60HZ 1080p 1ms monitor's

Just slowly over time things started to give up on it :(. One of my 4 GPU's stopped being detected by Windows. Then 2. Then all 4 were missing and I got nothing but "no signal" when turning on my PC. Then my motherboard's VRM section finally started giving up as my stable OC of 7-ish years became unstable due the motherboard being unable to maintain voltage. The only thing that stood the test of time was
>Seasonic 1000w platinum PSU
>Zalman all copper cooler
>1TB WD Raptor 10k RPM HDD's (RAID 0)
That said I'm looking to build an all new PC. I encode a shit load of video as well as edit it. I do game and intend do replace my 3 monitors with a single large one (maybe curved). Before I go posting links, I need to know because I've been out of the loop that long. Who still reigns supreme? AMD or Intel? Should I be considering Intel's X299 line at all? (seems they just gave up on that entire line of chips honestly). Should I just shoot for Threadripper? Has AMD and Windows finally figured out the NUMA performance drops on the Threadripper 2990WX? What about multi-GPU solutions? Does that matter any more?

Please help. pic is mfw posting from the slowly dying PC with my CPU underclocked and locked to 2.0-GHz to prevent BSOD and a spare GT210 connected to a single monitor.

Attached: 1520047394465.jpg (753x707, 331K)

Thanks.
The reason why I chose to go with Intel is because it performs better with VR

Looks sick. What will the temps be like on that thing?

>The reason why I chose to go with Intel is because it performs better with VR
VR is 1440p and cpu power doesn't make a difference at that resolution so you might as well just get something cheaper

>cpu power doesn't make a difference at that resolution

?

depends on what you want, if you were happy with that housefire, you could just get a 2600 and 580/1060 6gb

Even before considering HEDT, AMD's Ryzen 2700X would be a massive improvement for video encoding/editing. You're looking at scores above 1700, compared to around 1000 for an i7-990X, from what I can gather.

If you want to go even further beyond, X299 is overpriced, TR is superior for non-gaming tasks in every single way.
The 16-core 1950X and 2950X sit at around 3k Cinebench, for less than Intel's 10-core Core i9-7900X and i9-9820X.

Do you travel a lot but don't want to get a laptop or something? Why make a hotbox like that?

>Who still reigns supreme?
AMD for CPU, Nvidia for GPU
>Should I be considering Intel's X299 line at all?
absofuckinglutely not
>Should I just shoot for Threadripper?
only the 24 and 32 core are worth it now since AMD will have a 16 core on AM4 in a few months
>Has AMD and Windows finally figured out the NUMA performance drops on the Threadripper 2990WX?
the fanbase did because microshit is that incompetent
>What about multi-GPU solutions? Does that matter any more?
Multigpu is dying, nvidia only supports it on there highest end and both AMD and Nvidia only support dual gpu, tri and quad died a while ago and have been unsupported for years, so no its not worth it

VR has a gpu bottleneck get a 2600x and spend the savings on a better gpu

I have a disk to install windows 10, do I put it in right away after turning on PC for first time or will it tell me when to put it in?

Attached: 88f.jpg (604x516, 31K)

That housefire was considered top tier in the day and to be fair, it lasted me nearly a decade. I'm looking to get another top tier PC.
Well my thing with the 2700X was lack of PCIe lanes vs HEDT as well as lack of quad channel memory. Hell even my LGA-1366 setup has tri-channel. For stuff like editing work, the memory does make a bit of a difference.
Good thing I avoided X299 then.
>nvidia only supports it on there highest end and both AMD and Nvidia only support dual gpu
Would it then be ill advised to get 2 top tier cards? Or is dual support good enough to last a while?

I have no budget here. I'll spend what's required to get a 2019 version of the top tier machine I had back in 2008-2010.

What's the best wireless network adapter? This is one of the last components I need to research and I definitely don't want to cheap out on this part, considering there really is nothing worse than a dropped signal, or just sketchy performance. The motherboard I'm getting supports Intel's CNVi Wi-Fi module, which I really have no clue what that is, would it be a good idea to use it? The one I currently have included in my build is really just a placeholder.

pcpartpicker.com/list/L3yWTB

Either way, it shouldn't matter much man. You can't really put in the disk in the optical drive while the computer is off... So I would just wait until it prompts you to select an OS boot option. Shouldn't be hard m8.

What partition utility is Jow Forums-approved?

G-parted works well.

>intel
pcpartpicker.com/list/bNdbQZ
Intel cant stop making overpriced housefires at the moment, get this instead

Appropriate enough

Not that guy, my psu has 8pin cables, they look exactly like your pic: six cables and this weird loop to fit the eight pins. Also it works fine with an RX580.

>poozen
yikes my dude

I'm not giving money to a roastie chink.

intel doesnt even get that hot, unless you own a 9900k

I used to the past 5 years, but I think I've finally settled. It doesn't really get very hot unless I'm stress testing, but even then not enough to thermal throttle. Having played a few games just to test, it gets warm, but not even close to stress test levels. During light load it stays cool enough all the fans are off. I mean it's being fed clean air from straight from the ventilated panels.

As far as itx, it's just a hobby at this point. Some people like to cram RGB in their builds, others like to do Custom loops. I just like to push the limits of desktop hardware in small boxes.

I also have an SG 13 and Ncase M1. Little dusty but I'm not gonna clean for a photo.

Ncase was fun because it's got a 240 rad, and the gpu was modded to have 2 Noctua A12x25 fans cooling it rather than a stock gpu cooler. The ncase can literally run an minimum fan speed under load making it essentially inaudible.

Attached: 1545764535354498.jpg (2304x1728, 569K)

>amd
No thanks, I don't want cheap trash.

>way higher power consumption than the AMD mainstream flagship
>it doesn't run hot
you are r e t a r d e d

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9PLzUvNzY1NTA5L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA4LnBuZw==.png (712x1441, 158K)

is there a site where I can browse monitors by how many input ports they have

I have a gsync 144hz monitor. I want to play games at 144fps. Does vsync need to be on in the control panel and off ingame? When I played csgo I was getting 300fps+ and I don't want that, only 144fps but I don't know how to cap it..

>buying overheating shit

Attached: doesntrunhot.png (1327x1222, 69K)

Pcpartpicker allows you to sort on whether or not they have a certain input, but I don't know any site that would let you sort for dual displayport or dual HDMI
If vsync is on in the game, you should be capped to 144
Sone games have a framerate limiter, which could be set to 144 as well

Attached: 1508858277401.jpg (700x950, 118K)

Are there any check list guides yet on good freesync nvidia panels? or is it pretty clear at this point that most freesync monitors will work fine with n vidia cards?

power consumption is a worthless chart, my 8700k on 5ghz all cores never runs over 65 with my cooler, post an actual temp chart

Are Gigabyte Z390 motherboards the only ones worth getting for overclocking 9th gen? I really want to avoid Gigabyte because of their awful drivers, BIOS and software.

everyone knows the 9900k is hot

Just upgraded my SSD from a crappy 120gb kingston to those 240gb Adata ones.

Are these good reads?

Attached: ss (2019-01-18 at 01.59.17).jpg (800x363, 263K)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ej9mOe5NamLldpfyFfXrqvLMZP-aG2Zi1su7QzPRNJY/edit

the bios has gotten better, and gigabyte motherboards have the best vrms and they also have dual bios, id say its worth it

I have a budget Shittabyte Z370 mobo currently and bloat aside it is one buggy piece of trash when it comes to software.

Lol prepare to spend more than that, 1440p 144Hz monitors are like $400+ . Otherwise solid build. If you can shell out more get water cooling so you can overclock that processor

Attached: SPECCY.png (627x532, 27K)

should i buy a 200€ Asus gtx 1060 if my mobo (asrock p76 pro3) doesnt have a pci 3.0 slot? cpu is a 2500k

Where's my i7 9700KF, Intel ?

Is it normal for gpu to be 60'c when playing csgo on max at 1440p/144hz with a 2080?

Attached: 1547385346664.jpg (1151x616, 64K)

t. KFA / PNY / INNO3D / MSI 2080

What's the point? You probably won't be saving much, considering the MSRP is identical

Nah, gigabyte aorus 2080

Yes

2TB Micron 1100 SSD
OR
2TB Crucial MX500

Which one lads? Micron is usually like $40-50 less