My little cousins (8 and 12) use Manjaro Xfce that I installed. It runs perfectly (besides one little thing...

My little cousins (8 and 12) use Manjaro Xfce that I installed. It runs perfectly (besides one little thing, but I'll fix that when I come over next time).

Naturally, they got bored of online games and those from Manjaro's repositories so they asked me to install some other games for them. Of course, those "other games" are actually Windows-only games (or at least majority of them).

I decided to use Wine for this. What I'm interested in is there a way to set up Wine to run only programs / games that I allow. I want them to be able to run exclusively software that I allowed because otherwise I'm afraid they will fuck up their system with adware, crapware and malware sooner or later.

>inb4 just dualboot
I would, but I already installed Manjaro and I can't create new partition for Windows without removing either Home or Root partition. No, I don't want to reinstall the OS, it just works fine and it will take me hours to set everything the way it was.

>inb4 should have installed windows
Windows 7 and up run like crap on this PC (this PC is kinda old, from 2009). Manjaro blows Windows 7 out of the water when it comes to performance, and later Windows versions (trust me, I tried them) perform much worse. Windows 10 has 100% disk usage when idle on fresh install. Also, ethernet drivers do not work on Windows 7 at all for some reason, I tried both drivers that came with the PC and drivers from manufacturer's website but I can't get them to work though I tried (Windows thinks that ethernet cable is unplugged, kek).

>inb4 VM
I don't know how will VM perform... currently, I tried Wine before on that PC and games that I tried work just fine, sometime a little bit better, sometimes a little bit worse than on Windows, but overall just fine.

Attached: 1547047989879.jpg (5403x3597, 2.52M)

>this PC is kinda old, from 2009
Nah, that's wrong. I meant "from 2011".

> forcing children to use loonix because only children can't say anything to autistic retard
Typical loonix marketing

What games in particular? Install steam, you'd be surprised on how many games can be run on Linux right now.

I'm not OP, but if their parents are too cheap to pay out $1-2k for a gayming machine, then linux is the better option. Old PC's run linux like they're brand new.

Linux is only better for autists, no need to force normies to tinker with that shit

I don't think their parents will allow them to "waste" money on games. I have a lot of old games on CD, though, so I thought about installing those and maybe pirate some others.

As for which games, I'm planning to install:
>Plants VS Zombies (this is the only one they specifically asked me to install)
>Insaniquarium Deluxe
>Zuma Deluxe
>Bejeweled
>Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos Trilogy
>Castle Crashers
>Don't Starve (this one has Linux version, so I'll see if I can find native one on /t/, because their parents don't give a fuck so won't allow them to waste a penny on a game)
Maybe some other, but basically that's it. Nothing too system intensive so I'll think they'll all run fine under Wine.

I bought the two-pack of Amazon Fire HD 8
and wired them up to dummy Amazon accounts
there's a fucking million games out there that are free

i only paid $108 for two.

>I can't create new partition for Windows without removing either Home or Root partition.

Just boot the live Manjaro usb and open gparted retard. Don’t fuck these kids out of playing games

download steam and give them their moms credit card

No, you didn't understand me. Whole HDD is claimed by the OS. There are three partitions, /home, / and /boot. I can't make new partition without removing the existing one.

Any $50 chink tablet able to run PvZ you are fucking retarded

Buy a console

Install Steam, it integrates a fork of WINE called Proton witch works great (at least for the titles I have that don't include a port for Linux).

It unironically just works.

Attached: steam.jpg (830x525, 71K)

>malware through wine
Possible but won't happen. Software is isoltated to the .wine folder and subfolders. They're not going to get malware on the linux system, it doesn't work like that. And even if they do make it FUBAR you delete .wine and then next time you run a program with wine, it rebuilds it.
>can I let only some programs run with wine
Not really
Proton is a thing and works really well. You can run games better than that tbqh but I understand these are 8 & 12 yo's. But for example I can run GTA V and Fallout 4 without issue. The performance hit isn't what it used to be

You should absolutely be able to resize the home partition, unless literally every single byte has been used.

>Windows 10 has 100% disk usage when idle on fresh install.
It's indexing

Are you sure? I thought that you can't resize allocated space. If that's true, then that's what I'm going to do.
Indexing what?

>Possible but won't happen. Software is isoltated to the .wine folder and subfolders. They're not going to get malware on the linux system, it doesn't work like that. And even if they do make it FUBAR you delete .wine and then next time you run a program with wine, it rebuilds it.
Ok, I didn't know that (I don't use Wine). But what about crapware and adware?

It can not index mechanical drive from 1960 fast just because nobody in 2019 uses it

As long as there's free space, you should be able to repartition it. Not sure how to execute that on Linux though, I've only done it through Win.

Essentially you shrink the filesystem and then chop off the partition. But depending on how your partitions are allocated it could be tricky (because windows likes to live on one partition). I bet /home is at the end though because that's how most Linux installers do it