OS install fails

Anyone have issues when they installed an os on a clean computer build? What did you do to fix it?

Attached: 50CE5987-F7A9-4D8C-A23F-2A0EC748D135.jpg (600x335, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/support/article/cl/en/clbsdt1/sln293812/-windows-setup-could-not-configure-to-run-on-this-computers-hardware-error-during-windows-7-or-windows-10-installation?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First install of Debian, the login screen wouldn't come up. So I dropped into a shell and downloaded the non free firmware for my amd card.

Give up on getting Windows 7 on my Ryzen

My computer is not installing any OS as of right now. It freezes right as the first screen comes up like the picture. Any ideas?

What made you quit?

Magic'd it onto the SSD after a dozen tries. Then I plugged in the included HDD, forgetting to remove it from the notebook's BIOS startup, watched it pull some tricky "Startup Repair" bullshit, and Windows 7 never started up again.

there is a video on youtube that is useful. But there are 3 different solutions. dont give up. It's a myth that you cant install win 7 on modern hardware.

Supposedly VGA don't work either on newer intels. While waiting for my gfx card in the mail I installed the intergrated gfx drivers and plugged in a VGA monitor. To my surprised worked just fine.

Are you installing from a USB? What issue are you having?

Installing from USB with windows 10. Freezes as it gets to the screen you see on the first post. I have no control even though the keyboard lights up like its plugged in.

I've run into issues many times. Searching the web for a few minutes usually solves any problem. Lately I've been running into this when installing windows 7: dell.com/support/article/cl/en/clbsdt1/sln293812/-windows-setup-could-not-configure-to-run-on-this-computers-hardware-error-during-windows-7-or-windows-10-installation?lang=en
and the provided solution always works (sometimes I have to do it twice).

This won’t work because it won’t even go that far

tell us your problem

install gentoo

I have an Asus prime b450m-a motherboard.

When I choose from bios to boot from USB, it launches windows setup. When it gets to windows set up, like the picture, it freezes and all control of my keyboard is gone. Tried with windows 7 and 10. The problem stays the same

are you using UEFI or BIOS install media?

Unplug your mouse

No it’s a standard usb from Microsoft. I’ll try that

Found out my bios are SEVERELY outdated. Going to update it and then try again

Try reformatting the hard drive in another PC. Some BIOS screens can be huge niggers about that.

>Anyone have issues when they installed an os on a clean computer build?
yes
>What did you do to fix it?
installed gentoo

>I have no control even though the keyboard lights up like its plugged in.
It sounds like a win7 issue. First time I heard it happen to win10.

Attached: pre-installed USB 3.0.jpg (719x668, 61K)

reinstall from the backup

Did you say no OS will install though?
I never have much luck with USB media. Always burn a disc, they're dirt cheap and just werk (TRADEMARK)