>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>GTX 2060; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: thermal loss.png (2925x2286, 3.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

g2deal.com/windows-10-professional-32-64-bit.html?___store=au&acc=39&cy=aud&gclid=Cj0KCQiAj4biBRC-ARIsAA4WaFjC_jlw8uBXhVoBaYjl8zg_2GFkS1_FqfYSV_HLKF4JkINR3HVB5SYaAlwAEALw_wcB
pcpartpicker.com/list/yddFnH
youtu.be/ltOKeLudLk4
pcpartpicker.com/list/YXM3QZ
youtu.be/_I--zROoRws?t=474
pcpartpicker.com/list/y3C9pG
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095&ignorebbr=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rbx9ZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/26JkKB
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/W464QZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm gay btw, not sure if that matters.

first for amd

Attached: 1547319490628s.jpg (125x83, 2K)

If I'm installing windows 10 onto a completely new PC build with both an SSD and HDD, should i keep the HDD uninstalled while windows 10 installs on the SSD, and plug in the hard drive after everything is installed? Also should I install drivers onto SSD or HDD? thanks

Avoid amd products, there's a reason why their cheap.

Why did noctua make their fan color brown? They could've just gone black or white

Attached: 38CCD7B7-A042-4ED9-83DF-2CB852F1F128.jpg (4032x3024, 3.45M)

g2deal.com/windows-10-professional-32-64-bit.html?___store=au&acc=39&cy=aud&gclid=Cj0KCQiAj4biBRC-ARIsAA4WaFjC_jlw8uBXhVoBaYjl8zg_2GFkS1_FqfYSV_HLKF4JkINR3HVB5SYaAlwAEALw_wcB do i need a disk drive for this to work or will it work as an activation key i can type in?

reminder that these posters are most certainly AMD users who enjoy their products, but want to act like Intel shills to make intel look worse and AMD look better, all while farming (You)s

sounds good, and the first one: drivers go on the drive your OS is on

whats a good 140mm fan cheaper than $20 thats good for exhaust? I dont care about aesthetics or noise as long as its not a fucking jet engine

thanks user

> 140mm
Those are generally less noisy because they have lesser frequency.

You should be fine for keeping the HDD installed while installing w10 on an SSD

would there be like some sort of option that lets me choose which drive to install it on? ive only ever used laptops and pre builts so ive never done an actual fresh install of windows myself

It's time to replace my 10 year old PC, how is this looking?
pcpartpicker.com/list/yddFnH

I don't play video games, but I use Solidworks and do some video editing so it needs to be pretty decent.

There is. Just watch a video like youtu.be/ltOKeLudLk4

the cooler is unnecessary. The stock Ruben cooler performs as well as the hyper 212. Unless you want to overclock then I’d get a high end noctua cooler

yeah there is, it will create a 100MB partition for system use and the rest of the drive will be free space, and you install the OS to the empty one

if I were pic related I would delete the second one so it's all unallocated space, so you don't lose any space expanding the partition from within windows once it's installed. a new drive won't have a bunch of partitions though. if you deleted and formatted everything here, it would create a new 100MB system reserved partition itself during the next step

forgot pic durf

Attached: vjhg.png (654x494, 36K)

thank you

Attached: 902.jpg (680x544, 33K)

I just bought an NH-D15S and I’m worried if it’s possible to tighten it down too much. Should I full burger brain and buy a torque screwdriver or are noctua coolers foolproof?

pcpartpicker.com/list/YXM3QZ

more performance for productive tasks if you drop the cooler and go for 2700 + 580

I should add, one thing I want to set up is use a KVM switcher to run my work laptop through my same monitor setup and controls (I have an ultrawide and a portrait 16:9 so bit wonky). Is there any easy way to facilitate this while building my PC, maybe by using a motherboard with thunderbolt? I don't want to do remote desktop since I don't think the security on my work laptop will get along with it.

hey, thats my oc!

Attached: Capture.png (579x245, 110K)

> those loss pics
Wow.

i made a shitposting discord bot. most of those were uploaded by other people

Does the 9900k actually have bad Temps in real world scenarios or is it only when under hardcore stress tests?

You should be able to wing it if you have the right tools. Torque measurements are simple once you get the gist of it, 12 foot pounds is how tight a fastener will get if you put a 12 pound weight on the free end of a 1 foot lever driving the fastener. There are 12 inch pounds in each foot pound, so 12 ft-lbs is 144 inch-lbs. To get the same fastener to 12 ft-lbs with a 6" lever, you'd put 24 pounds of pressure on the end of it, or 6 pounds of pressure on the end of a 2 foot lever. Now I know the figures you're going after are quite a bit smaller than that, probably more like 9 inch pounds or something, so in that case you'd put 3 pounds on a 3 inch lever, or one pound on a 9 inch lever.

Or you could git good at not breaking shit while you work on it, through the tried and true method of breaking less expensive shit and learning what not to do.

Even at stock with boost enabled it gets to 85 degrees with a 240mm AIO
youtu.be/_I--zROoRws?t=474

Anyone gone completely fanless?

Attached: 35-118-141-02.jpg (1280x960, 154K)

just tighten it until it stops turning naturally like is that too fuckin hard lol

9900k unironically is always a fucking toaster unless you maybe run a 360, any other intel cpu and its a fucking meme ran under an insane stress test you will never hit in real world situations

>hey, this new mobo has m2 support
>I'll try it!
>time to unscrew the screw!
>TIME TO THROW IT ALL OUT THE WINDOW BECAUSE IT STRIPPED
Jeez. I'm a little bit angry. Internet says they have them at the hardware store, so that's tomorrow.

>what is electrical tape

Dunno how I feel about just taping the thing down. Don't trust it to hold.

also, i dont know if youre referring to home depot or lowes when you say hardware store, but they dont have them there

hot glue

Ace Hardware.

lewd

maybe!

I don't use a celeron

it seems to be that 1070's are selling for as much as or more than 1070Ti's (thoughI've mainly looked for egva models assuming they're the only good ones).
And Vega 56's are currently cheaper than both.
I'm not convinced that the 2060 is a good buy with 6GB. Is there a recommended model?

pcpartpicker.com/list/y3C9pG
How is this CPU + mobo + RAM?
I already own the GPU

only a shill will tell you to buy a 20-series card
used 10 series will be goat for the next two years probably

No not that kind of hot glue ffs

if you're dropping $300 on a processor and another $150 on a mobo why not put another $50 on it for an i7?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/y3C9pG
I'd throw another ~$20 at each part, step up to the 3200 ram, the i7, a mobo that can SLI, and then you spend the next 5 years knowing that your computer's as good as it can reasonably get, rather than just good enough. That's just me though.

why not just run a fan at a low enough rpm that is not audible to you? you'll get much better thermal performance that way and with none of the noise

>MSI x470 Gaming plus
Vs
>MSI b450 gaming pro carbon AC

Having the integrated Bluetooth/Wifi would be preferable but apart from that what’s difference between these boards?

Dont you need to delid and fix up a lot of shit in intel's new stuff?

it's no lie that 20-series cards have a newer arch that performs better in compute and has untapped hardware potential. I would expect rtx 2000s to age better than pascal will in the coming years.

well, just looking at the name, they have different chipsets
dont ask me what that means because i dont know

Building a Gaming , whats the best Power supply i can get for $70.

delidding is pretty much just so you can say you did it and compare benchmark penises, there basically aren't any real world uses that will make them throttle down from heat, to my understanding

aging better than pascal will be an accomplishment, I'd be happy if you're right. as far as performance per dollar though, you're spending twice as much for ~15% more performance

SeaSonic is usually very good, check hardOCP for PSU reviews.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095&ignorebbr=1

I'm drooling over the new dark rock slim, it's not available for another few months though.
My 212 evo just looks so gaudy, nothing else is bare metal colored.

Attached: dark_rock_slim.jpg (602x602, 132K)

You'd best appreciate what you got sonny, or you won't get anything better. Positive vibes

Ok its decided im getting the Seasonic FOCUS 550 80+ Gold.

Is 550w good enough for my build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rbx9ZR

It says my estimated power consumption would be 324w

Is it worth having an M.2 as your OS drive?

I could spraypaint it black I guess. It's never more than lukewarm when I touch it, even down near the processor, so the extra insulation on the top fin plate would be negligible.

>185W GPU
>95W CPU
550W is plently
if its M.2 NVMe (ie PCIe) then its the best thing you can put your OS on
if its not NVMe, its still pretty good

the staggered fins on this one look friggin sweet

Attached: be-quiet-dark-rock4-mounted.jpg (1200x818, 272K)

Well the Samsung 970 250g is the same price as the 860 500g. The former is NVMe. Thinking I’ll just go with the latter over my planned 2.5” SSD crucial.

Thanks just added the Seasonic to my cart

M.2 sata SSDs offer no speed increase over regular sata SSDS, so dont get an M.2 thinking it'll be faster

it's not a huge difference. Noticeable if your OS is really optimized or REALLY unoptimized, but usually only at boot or when loading assets.

Nvme and Sata are pretty much neck-and-neck for everyday use because of the bottleneck of SATA on it's end, and the poor controllers and shorted PCIE lanes on Nvme's end.

Thinking of getting a 2060 but have no idea where I should get it. Is the one on the official site good? MSI and ZOTAC are both at MSRP on Amazon, are those fine?

So that you can immediately identify someone with Noctua fans. The shit brown is unmistakable and iconic. What do other fans have?

Don’t expect speed increase but having one less wire to route sounds nice, and the 500g 860 evo is $9 cheaper than the crucial. Might keep the crucial anyway for a game drive

MSI is a solid company but don’t get the Armour variant. Get Ventura or whatever it is.

Ventus.
I'll get that then, thanks.

so I have 2x4gb 2400mhz in dual channel but when I want to game I have to stop my browser and other applications. I am thinking of getting another 2x4gb or 2x8gb. Are there slots that are better than others. Also would it be a problem if my stick have different capacity like 2x4gb + 2x8gb.

yeah, if you have 4 slots then 2 of them are primary slots, and putting 2x8 gig sticks in those two slots is slightly faster than 4x4 gig sticks. check your mobo's manual to find which slots they are, it's not standardized. same with the sata connectors for your drives and stuff, there's a specific one your OS drive should be plugged into, if you're not using m.2

the last bit, I'm pretty sure it's ok to do 2 4's and 2 8's, but the respective pairs of sticks have to match. I wouldn't even buy an 8 gig stick and then another one later of the same kind, it's best to get them in sets.

so If I bought just the same 2 sticks but not in a set they wouldn't dual channel ?

They would.
You could theoretically put any two ram sticks of the same size in and they would work in dual channel assuming they were the same type of DDR, and would run at the same speed/timings/voltages. It's just easier to buy them in sets.

pcpartpicker.com/list/26JkKB

Can this build handle a upgrade to a Ryzen 7 2700x ? Is the Heatsink and PSU and MOBO up to par?

Thoughts on this?
I'm sticking with my GTX 970 until i upgrade my monitor

Attached: pc_9700k_v2.png (895x960, 154K)

Can a 550w Power supply handle a Ryzen 7 2700x, and a Vega 64 my build is 444w and thats without Rgb's? Is that ok or what??

so 2060 > 1070 Ti despite only 6GB ram?

It'll be more like 350-500W under load with 2600x+V64, so I'd day go for a 650W if you can. The 550W will work but will get quite warm on that build.

Budget 1500
2600 non-x 150
1Tb 130
ITX 90
Mem 2666mhz 110
Psu already have one.

Should I get 2700x or wait for 3000?

>Mem 2666mhz
Nope. 3000 minimum for Ryzen.

R5 is a terrible hotbox. get something with vented side and front panels like a meshify.
3200 is too expensive, get 3000 or 3400 if you actually care about ram performance.
nvme is a meme for gaming, only get one if you do a lot of actual WORK WORK. you can easily get a 1tb ssd for the same price.

What currency?

Can confirm the FD R5; have one and she’s a toasty lil box even with a 2/2 140mm fan and 1/1 120mm set up

Wouldn't the fluid flow be trash compared to an actual loop setup?

Ant Ryzen limited to 2930 ish
Guess I can gets 3000 it’s only 110
The Queens currency

Currency? Purpose?

>Ant Ryzen limited to 2930 ish
No that's all they guarantee, depending on the quality of the RAM. You can run up to 3466 no problem on 450/470 boards.

->>. >69427256

Gaymig

Is it wroth buying ram right now?

Thanks, guss I’ll get 3000mhz 16 (2x8) only 110

It’s a lot better then it used to be.

i'm pretty sure the price of my RAM i bought has dropped 20 or 30 bucks in 6 months so yeah.

I want to lick it.

I have the money for a 2060 but I don’t know if I should just get the 570 or 80; any opinions?

1500 queenbucks is quite a lot. You wanted to keep it itx right? Got this so far
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/W464QZ
That gives you about 900 to work with a gpu. Grab a second hand one if you can