Is working in tech a meme?

Is it even worth getting a CS degree and working for a company like amazon? Or is it just a wagecuck tier job for those who are too self righteous to go into trades?

Attached: ztK6VbS7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TLvEnksycRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It really depends. Most CS people work for small companies/local or state govt/hospitals. It's not glamorous at all. Amazon prefers MBAs to CS majors.

Only do CS if actually like programming. Get good at SQL if you want a steady income from a boring job without having to relearn new meme languages every few years.

Trades will keep you fit and you will be around real people. They are better for mental and physical health.

Attached: diner old men.jpg (960x639, 133K)

What kind of job would you recommend for someone who is interested robotics (I used to build bipedal robots and some wheeled robots as a hobby) but is absolutely bored when programming?

Btw by building I don't mean like purchasing a set with instructions or some normie shit like that

I also like soldering

low level boring shit

Companies scout robotics people VERY early. There are tons of high school and college robotics competitions. If you missed that boat, your chances are nearly 0 unless you develop and patent something on your own (costs $10K+).

You can make steady side income installing car stereos, "modding" video game consoles/consumer electronics.

Working in tech is gay and I'm not even memeing
Drop out while you still can and you don't have AIDS

Attached: 451px-Unclesamwantyou.jpg (451x599, 73K)

Then what field would you recommend working in? Should I become a mechanical engineer or just bite the /nurse/ pill?

>Only do CS if actually like programming. Get good at SQL if you want a steady income from a boring job without having to relearn new meme languages every few years.
This, SQL and backend, frontend is cancer
>Trades will keep you fit and you will be around real people. They are better for mental and physical health.
100% this unless you are already gay

>Then what field would you recommend working in?
Engineer
Mechanic
Captain

Attached: ships-captain-standing-on-the-bridge-wing-mediterranean-sea-malta-APE164.jpg (918x1390, 176K)

Attached: pilot-cockpit-rear-view-confident-male-looking-over-shoulder-smiling-sitting-45826432.jpg (1300x955, 138K)

Attached: car-mechanic-stock-photo_csp7445104.jpg (300x470, 37K)

Attached: welder-industrial-automotive-part-factory-260nw-377509549.jpg (436x280, 42K)

are you memeing or being cereal? I heard becoming a pilot is really expensive and only the top actually earn decent pay

>Trades will keep you fit and you will be around real people. They are better for mental and physical health.

That extremely depends on the place and physical health you get worn out notably faster based on your work. The grass is not greener on the other side.

In 6 months most of you fags could be leading great lives if you only take the first step

Attached: rail.png (847x682, 409K)

I'm serious, learn a craft and don't become a gay

>learn a craft
>craft

no straight male uses that term

Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker

Stop taking advice from some gays in an image board. Just know that anything you will choose that involves a salary will cuck you out of your soul eventually. Find a field you feel the most comfortable with and git gud

>A craft or trade is a pastime or a profession that requires particular skills and knowledge of skilled work.
You get what I mean though

Attached: a-smiling-male-carpenter-holding-sills-isolated-on-white-background-CTMA41.jpg (866x1390, 139K)

cool what craft did you learn user?

youtube.com/watch?v=TLvEnksycRU

I didn't, I have a degree on computer science and I regret it

does working as a night shift janitor in a tech company still count as working in tech?

>you are good user and we appreciate you giving everything for this company, never asking for a raise or getting paid for overtime, but we have to fire you to complete our diversity quota
>we expect you to train your diversity replacement asap
>no, she doesn't know half the things you know or is as qualified as you, that's why you will have to work overtime, don't expect to get paid
>btw these are xer pronouns, we expect you to respect them, or else..
>oh, and if we find xe is not qualified for the job we are going to blame you for not training xer well, you are not a bigot, are you?
Thanks progressivism

Attached: programmer-working-in-a-software-developing-company-office-HGK688.jpg (1300x956, 122K)

Use your sickdays. Turn off phone.

Trades don't pay 200k a year to people in their early 20s.

>wagecuck
Being able to contribute to the society isn't bad thing. If you can achieve something greater, sure, go for it. But being good wageslave is better than being good neet or good criminal.

So sql is the way to go then? No short term memes whatsoever?

Are threads like this a meme? I see it rephrased every day. CS and tech are really cool if you're into that kinda stuff else it isn't. You don't need to be spoon fed by larpers to make your opinions

>I heard becoming a pilot is really expensive
In most countries you can do that in the Air Force. Pretty competitive intake, though.

If you are in States yeah. In Europe you need a degree even to pass the filtering process.

systems engineering

Everyone I know that is in a trade is a fat, unhealthy piece of shit with 5+ chronic injuries.

germany has industrial robotics trade training.
Look for something similar in 'murrica.
Honestly, a university degree is highly overrated nowadays.

whats wrong with his fucking teeth

>job in tech
>hypercompetitive saturated market, have to compete with people with more experience / pajeets
>paying is normally shit unless you manage to work for Google/FB. Good luck not spending all your income on living expenses in the Bay Area though.
>forced to work in a multi-culti bullshit environment, you have to carry shaneequaaaSs' ass and not ever complain about her doing her nails instead of coding or you will be called racist, privileged and possibly fired.
OR
>Work in a trade in some factory or building company
>No competition, literally every millenial went for the college degree meme and there's shortage of qualified workforce
>get paid highly, paid formation, get regular promotions / raises, even if you are underqualified sometimes
>You get to tell racist jokes with your white co-workers and laugh at minorities. If you work with a black (improbable), he will probably be a chill dude instead of a SJW dindunuffin

Enjoy your "no fun" job starting at 50k$/y

Im a tourist and not a g/fag.

I have friends in IT. Security pays well and has a future. Coding still pays well, but you are forced to compete with Pajeet street shitters-like all IT jobs.

I have been a neet that past two years selling shit on Amazon. Made like 40k last year working a couple hours a week. It's boring as fuck they and I am becoming a malcontent. I have a background in medical imaging. Which, you can still get into for like zero education costs. MRI tech pay is like 65k a year. Or if you work flexible hours per diem like above $40/hr. Medical field stuff is pretty flexible- plus spoiled boomer fucks are about to fall apart and demand top notch medical care. About to start looking for MRI gigs.

I wish I became a merchant marine.

T.30 year old fag.

>get good at sql if you want steady income
Im a data analyst and use sql all the time.
If anything im worried about finding other work cause im not fluent in any programming language. Just excel and vba.
Also data analyst cap around 80k. Im 23 and already at 75k

>Only do CS if actually like programming
how do I know if I actually like programming or not?

Attached: 1545785888449.png (575x1024, 1.42M)

>how do I know if I actually like programming or not?

Attached: g-side.png (498x1480, 260K)

In on Janoy thread