/iemg/ -- In-Ear Monitors General

In-Ear Monitors General: 64 Audio a12t/u12t buyer remorse edition.

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Have you returned/sold your 64 Audio A12T after hearing about 64 Audio's lineup revamp?

Attached: 1964ears-1528325159-A12t_Product_Page_LROS.jpg (987x801, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HFUciaCuEVI
hooktube.com/watch?v=7_BxKsGurII
rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.de/ulk/itm/292540235951
ebay.com/itm/Original-Sony-MH755-Headset-Earphone-for-SBH20-SBH50-SBH52-Bluetooth-Z2-Z3-Z4-Z5/223297051448?hash=item33fd8a9b38:g:0qoAAOSwLgpcIOAt:rk:2:pf:0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey /iemg/. Any large galleries of CIEMs out there? I'd like to see designs chosen by other people for ideas and inspiration. Already looked through Kumitate Lab design book.
So far I can't decide if I want two different colors for my pair (blue and dark green or blue and warm orange) or one color for a pair.
For those who own CIEMs - how did you decide on final design?

Attached: kl-sirius.jpg (1536x2048, 347K)

>64 Audio
>buyer remorse
more like post purchase rationalization

savage op.

Attached: lele2.jpg (480x360, 44K)

Who else here got them sweet sony memes?

Attached: sony memes.png (1200x900, 1.53M)

Gone full sony.
I would like to see other company do this "accident".

Attached: IMG_20190112_215935.jpg (3264x1836, 754K)

What the fuck is this shit and how will I defend myself when chads start beating me up when I wear these in public?

Did you buy it because of Zeos? The guy's a shill and retarded

What's the revamp?

Yeah I fell for the Zeos meme. He said they were the best thing he's heard and I believed him, went out and bought them now I'm filled with regret. They haven't gotten here but I'm sure I'm going to lose money on these because I got them custom molded. I should have waited for canjam sg.

Go over /fa/
But i would like to see nice ciem too.

how long this the cables break?

Attached: 1494604000705.jpg (597x597, 54K)

Hybrid designs with new custom T shaped BAs and Sonion electrostatic drivers with thinner diaphragms and more open nozzles than the current stock sonion design other companies are implementing. New chamber designs for better soundstage as well. A12t/A18t replacements having isobaric 2DD set up for low end as well as use of the aforementioned drivers. Significant leap over current A12t/A18t.

till*

>Your Budget
The cheapest shit possible that doesn't sound like tin cans.
>Your Location
It's hot as balls
>Wired/wireless
Wired
Earbuds
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past IEMs
KZ ATEs, QCY QY20, Earpods™

I think original cable is pretty durable.
The picture is recabled with random earbud cable lying around.

Stop discussing chink IEMs you poorfags

What's chink version of 64audio?
To be exact:chink iem without 3khz boost.

I've tried eartips in silicone, rubber and foam but I still have trouble of muh ie800s popping out. Should I try earmould? I don't want cables over the ears, lol.

Jeeeez

Got a link for that? I'd love a read

JUST stick a cigarette filter in my TOTL familam

> Any large galleries of CIEMs out there?
are you asking how a transducer looks ?
>I'd like to see designs chosen by other people for ideas and inspiration
are you asking how a transducer looks ?
> Already looked through Kumitate Lab design book.
so once again are you asking how a transducer looks ?
>I can't decide if I want two different colors for my pair
yeah it seems like you are asking how a transducer looks
>(blue and dark green or blue and warm orange) or one color for a pair.
hmmmmm this colour thing has it got to do with your aura or spirit animal ? that can affect the soundstage
>For those who own CIEMs - how did you decide on final design?
By evaluating carefully the engineering choices made by the designers and cross referencing reviews and word of mouth you colossal faggot.

ordered just so i can shitpost with you guys

>zeos
------> /hpg/ he has no power here

also who the fuck is this guy ?

Attached: apple tb303.webm (640x640, 2.88M)

I'm new to this shit, what's the model of these earbuds?

Nice, zishan user.
Should replace z5 on that photo with z2.

Mh755
Beware of fake.
The legit one has orange eartips,short cable, J connector and proper serial number.
Buy two or more and ask seller for serial number.

I went for a transparent green and blue look on my pair. Getting different color shells looks cool and easily tells you what's left or right.

Still waiting on a sauce desu

>are you asking how a transducer looks ?
No, I'm asking about faceplate/shell colors combinations.

No I have JH Audio custom moulds because I'm not a rabid poorfag like OP that needs to make himself feel better by making threads to justify his $20 earbud orders from china. The products are shit because the chinks can't into engineering aside from copying what a Western company has made, you're absolutely deluding yourself by insisting that a chinkshit company that's existed for 6 months knows how to make a better sounding product than a Western audio company that has been in the market with products for 30-40 years. If you want to talk companies that actually make high-end in-ears that professionals and industry workers actually buy, then this thread is a thing, but if you want to ramble uneducated nonsense about your latest chinkshit, there's already a general for it; search /CSG/

>search /CSG/
this thread arose because there was too much earphone talk shitting up /csg/

link?

As I said in the last thread, I just got the Status Audio IEM-2X and they're one of the best in ear monitors I've heard, tonal accuracy (what monitors are meant for) wise.
Do any /iemg/ anons have a pair too? What do you think of them, if so?

Attached: 20190119_110224.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

>en120
is there a comparable/better under $80 iem for raw and pure flatness? tell me now cuz i'm about to pull the trigger

Attached: 1547798014114.jpg (1356x843, 157K)

are they basically the same as MH1C?

I'm Get the Status AUDIO IEM-2X and never look back. Accurate af and isolate sound very very well. $50 well damn spent. I'm not surprised they're so good with how amazing they're CB-1s are as well.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190119-111109_Bromite.jpg (1372x1279, 398K)

Your shitty earphone talk belongs in CSG unless you're going to discuss proper professional products, because otherwise you are circlejerking about buying cheap chinese shit with the needle-in-a-haystack mentality that one might be halfway ok. Also acting that this is in some way better than the NEETS ordering $5 waifu lingerie or pillows to indulge their mental delusions on the assumption that the product is cheap enough that it might be alright but doesn't really matter if it isn't.
I've worked in pro audio for 20 years and make my living out of it, and nobody I know in the industry would EVER buy any of the bullshit you idiots truck in from chinkland to try and convince you're getting yourself a product that could hold a candle to some of the equipment made by US/UK/EU 'pro' manufacturers. Run-of-the-mill generic clone-able shit, perhaps at a long shot, but the high-end pro and custom stuff, no way.

reading up on them now, they sound eerily similar to the en120s

Oh kek. I haven't heard the EN120s, so I can't help there

K

wew lad
youtu.be/HFUciaCuEVI

is this /iemg/'s reviewer of choice?

Attached: screen-HFUciaCuEVI_2019-01-19-00:01:42.jpg (1920x1080, 1.08M)

Best airpod clones for 20€?

wew lad indeed
But nah
hooktube.com/watch?v=7_BxKsGurII
Zeos is. He jerked off to these so much I could smell his pre-cum eminating from the video. So I bought the CB-1s. And now I rank Status as a top tier headphone brand

What are you comparing them to?

Looking for a DAP. Under $600. Been using my phone. Looking at the FIIO M9.

I have a pair of Etymotic and just got the Massdrop plus iems.

Attached: 643590.jpg (788x928, 205K)

The Chinkshit FOTM, because that's what everyone is going to recommend.

I would either go cheaper and get an M6 or spend more and get something better (A&K)

$60,Vancover WA. I'm looking for something wireless and won't break after 4 months of constant use.

Still waiting for a citation on that lineup revamp. I checked everywhere including some what they will be showing at the next Can Jam and found nothing about a new line up in the works. Wouldn't make sense for a new lineup to come out anyway since its only been a few months since they came out with the new A2e model and has yet to refresh all their iems with tia drivers.

Attached: ehh.jpg (480x480, 25K)

Speakers > over ear > on ear >>>> dog shit >>>> cancer >>>>> iems. Prove me wrong.

>$50
>USA
>Wireless would be nice but wired is fine
I need them for mowing the lawn. Don't need them to sound like I'm in the Sydney opera house.

Attached: boomer.jpg (544x540, 55K)

What iems are those?

Sony MH755

> less than 400USD
> N. America
>wired or wireless
> earbuds
> i dont really care
> Never bought audiophile earbuds before, however i own many audophile speakers and headphones
I'm looking for something that will work well with a XS Max
>inb4 applel faggot

help me pick /iemg/
en120 @ $72
iem-2x @49
price is really not a factor, i just want the best choice between these two

never tried iems before, only used random earbuds. i don't think i'd feel comfortable inserting stuff deep in my ears, should i still try?

what did they mean by this ?

Attached: c2acf886-99a5-4374-a12d-c8b2df8e4218.jpg (770x310, 39K)

The only real way to have good isolation. Most of the audiophile shit is massive so it's a bit weird at first.

Anything good for under 30€ in yurop?

Are these legit? rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.de/ulk/itm/292540235951

i see. is there anything rather cheap to get started and try them out?

Tin Audio T2 are $29 on aliexpress right now

ebay.com/itm/Original-Sony-MH755-Headset-Earphone-for-SBH20-SBH50-SBH52-Bluetooth-Z2-Z3-Z4-Z5/223297051448?hash=item33fd8a9b38:g:0qoAAOSwLgpcIOAt:rk:2:pf:0

Found a US seller. I asked for a serial number, no response yet. For those with experience, at a glance, do these look genuine?

yep i saw that too. awesome deal. they actually got really expensive after 11.11

i was probably going to buy an a12t regardless around the end of the year but i was also hoping for an updated version with the n8's dd bass, this sounds so perfect

Attached: 1417473019137.jpg (800x587, 429K)

How is the isolation? Can you get a deep fit?

are they worth buying at this price to get started with iems?

absolutely

I guess whatever chinkshit is the current flavor of the month.

For that price yeah $20 more than that and my answer would be no

anyone here tried these?
I have a hard time believing these could sound even remotely good kek

Attached: ourart-tini-700x700.jpg (700x700, 44K)

I guess it does pay to be poor. I've been saving up for my end game but didn't have enough for a QDC gemeni or a Moondrop Solis but I will in about 3 months. These new 64 audio models look to be damn near perfect on paper though the electrostatic driver has me a bit concerned since it hasn't added anything to the table in previous implementations. Thanks for the info gonna look out for those in March.

PULL THE TRIGGA NIGGA !

Attached: IMG_5777.jpg (3264x2448, 2.41M)

Why would you put a monitor in your ear? Your ears cant see.

the tin t2 are on sale for 25€ so i was thinking about buying them. i mainly listening to bands like new order, joy divison, the smiths, lcd soundsystem. im a art hoe dont judge. will my music still sound good even though the t2 dont cary alot of base?

ebin

Attached: 1543852586039.png (304x178, 77K)

>less than 100$, preferably less than 50$
>sask. canada, IE. Fucking cold
>wired
>earbuds
>neutral
>none
I know nothing about IEM's but a friend wants some and since I'm known as the "headphone guy" he went to me. Any starting charts or recommendations?

Moondrop crescents or Moondrop Arias. Hard to find neutral iems at that price.

You sure your friend wants something neutral and not more fun? 1more Triple for v shape an RE-400 or Tin t2 for neutral.

Cable ?

>tfw got my FH5s in the mail a week ago and i still occasionally chuckle at just how good they sound at times
Does it really get much better?

Attached: 1482015334942.jpg (184x184, 8K)

You're 75% there.

yes but the jump from mid fi to totl isn't as big as the jump from shit to mid fi

Nothing in the IEM world really comes close to what good open back headphones and monitors offer in terms of sound stage and imaging. Actual bass is a different experience too.

He asked about iems, stop stating the obvious. There is a reason there are different form factors. Speakers have their place just like iems have carved their niche.

>stop stating the obvious.
Many audioretards consider IEMs on par with headphones. People spend literal thousands for IEMs and use them in applications that headphones or monitors should be used in. It's one of the more baffling parts of the audiophile community if you ask me.

iems are monitors

If i'm 75% there then the price jump to get to 90%+ isn't worth it to me personally
Went from Shure SE215s to FH5s. Made me realize how exaggerated the bass is and how shit the highs are on them. But still for $100 and the fact that they lasted me over 5 years, I don't regret purchasing them
Yeah I was just talking about IEMs
lol

Yeah don't bother if it's not worth it to you.

If you're talking about actual In Ear Monitors then yes. You can safely say that 99% of the audiophile market uses the term "IEM" because it's a better name than earbud.

iem is a form factor, you are being elitist over terms that you clearly don't actually understand

>iem is a form factor
It's not... IEMs, again I'm talking about actual IEMs here, have one purpose and that's for some kind of performer to hear the music without blasting actual monitors into the room/area. They have all kinds of form factors from having a wireless transmitter box to the earpieces being specifically made to suit the application. If this needs to be explained to you then you're either really new to this hobby and/or eat audiophile forum shillshit daily.

Damn the butthurt is real. I didn't know JH Audio iem owners could get this angry over the fact that 64 audio was supposedly updating their models. It wasn't even a shot at JH audio. Weird lol.

>They have all kinds of form factors from having a wireless transmitter box to the earpieces
that's not what form factor means in this conversation user just stop this is getting embarrassing

>form factor means in this conversation
Sorry I couldn't read into your made up definition, bud.

>Your Budget
~$25
>Your Location
US
>Wired/wireless
wired
over ear IEM
>Sound signature
I want something linear I can EQ in to just about anything. I vary my EQ based on what I'm listening to, but mostly I bump everything below 220Hz a 2-5dB.
>Past IEMs
My first one was a $10 of skull candy I bought from WalMart. I liked them, but now I use a pair of KZ ATEs that I a lot better than the skullcandy ones. I don't have a trained ear or much experience with this. Isolation is important to me but I wouldn't trade any linearity for it.

Attached: 1547419283141.jpg (1556x1600, 444K)

in ear monitors are a subset of earphones that are inserted inside the ear canal, this is not a made up definition this is the literal definition of an iem, usually it helps to learn what you're talking about before you try to sound elitist about it

>>Your Budget
$200USD
>>Your Location
Australia
>>Wired/wireless
either
>>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
over ear iem
>>Sound signature
V, with detailed/clear bass

No.
No. Gather multiple impression, not just one. Use measurements as reference.
It's a whole iem system, the iem part is just the thing that convert electrical signal into sound. : What's the point arguing that? People like it, and they don't care if that a professional tool.

The only application of that till the last 15 years or really until the apple earbuds were pro audio and medical. The whole system was important to the IEMs being IEMs. Now were got a myriad of audiophile companies that make IEMs and the definition changed to meet the change in applications.