>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: delid dis.jpg (2048x1370, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/qq383b
amazon.com/dp/B01LB05TOO/
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7HN6HF2659
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

D E L I D

Attached: 1506507630702.png (992x1043, 614K)

based and redpilled

What are the most reliable PSU brands these days other than Seasonic?

Seasonic

the EVGA ones seem to be rated very highly. Planning on buying one with my next build.

>Not buying seasonic
you fucked up

Reminder to not buy AMD products. There's a reason why their cheap.

Attached: 872.jpg (848x480, 76K)

I upgraded from an 8gb 2666mhz stick to 2x8gb 3000mhz sticks, put them in and my pc worked fine for a couple hours and then it frooze. Thought it was the mild OC so i upped a bit the voltage to increase stability and it did it again. I tried once more but with no OC and after a couple hours same shit.

I read a couple soultions, did the cmos reset and updated bios, now i'm waiting to see if it does this shit again. Should i be fine? Is something fucked with the hardware or was only a matter of changing ram and fucking up settings on the bios?

Attached: 1533100564524.jpg (184x184, 6K)

did you check if your mobo even allows 3000mhz ram?

>>>/reddit/

Attached: bait.png (1024x1024, 26K)

Yes i specifically picked ram that was on my mobo's QVL.

jonnyguru

Haha I like how mad AMDrones are for the 2060. Removing it from OP while still recommending the abomination vega.
$350 on release day for 1080 perf (while oc'ed) is the best value we have seen since pascal.

you have to go back

Attached: ffffffffffffff.png (166x122, 6K)

People that bought a 2080ti, which model did you get ?

why can i not seem to find a MSI B450M anywhere for sale?

just look on amazon they got lots

its in the OP though

Whats that?

>RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>now that nvidia supports freesync
kys Amdrone

Intel or Ryzen build?
I will be gaming on a 1080p 144hz monitor and maybe use the PC to do some light VM and networking stuff to learn.
Any bad parts or something else you guys have criticism on? Also should I opt for an used videocard?

Attached: PC Builds.png (1579x594, 47K)

Ryzen

Not at the 1440p caption, which is perfectly fine for.
>144hz
Intel

Intel

>gayman
intel

gayming = intel
workstation = amd

Wait for Ryzen 3. If you're going to use Linux at all, get an AMD card.

>furious hand rubbing

Attached: tomsintelmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

How do I get a Ryzen 8 core CPU for free?

Does gaming at 1080p on a 1440p monitor look like shit?

Ok i got another freeze. Maybe i spotted the problem.

The default XMP profile i get from the mobo for this ram is 15-17-17-17-39 but when i get timings from CPU-Z or Speccy it shows 16-17-17-17-36. Should i change timings to the second values?

do the needful sir, buy ryzen cpu and radeon gpu

Be a nigger and steal one.
haha AMD confirmed not only roastie approved, also reddit tier, ahaha.

playing below native resolution on any monitor looks like shit because the display has to rescale it.

Only chinks and pajeets buy intel

Attached: onlypajeetsandchinksbuyintel.png (4366x2638, 3.42M)

Anything from that tier list of PSUs
I used a VX550W for 8 fucking years and it worked perfectly, replaced it when I upgraded my PC. Just buy any good one.

Sir ryzen is need not real, 16 cores no buy intel thank you

Attached: poointhecpoo1.jpg (700x466, 37K)

where? i can only find 350m on amazon

>tfw waiting for a Micron/Crucial/Samsung/Patriot 2tb SSD sale

Attached: 1484792794158.gif (500x270, 242K)

pls sir AMD cheap because intel make better do needful

Attached: intelpoojet.jpg (317x159, 11K)

Best Z390 boards that aren't Gigabyte?

My intel cpu wont stop overheating, what do i do?

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

redpill me on 240mm AIOs, why use them over air cooling?

delid dis

Attached: 1413913323099.png (1000x1000, 162K)

Anyone here use one of those squat box cases like the Cooler Master HAF XB EVO or a thicker case like the Corsair Carbide? I've been using pic related for five years now and I want something more stable and roomier than a mid tower.

Attached: 81o0WUdgZCL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 131K)

Looks, take way less space away and most perform better than aircoolers. But be warned there is always a chance of leakage and that chance increase the more time passes.

Just bought a used evga SC2 1070 for £209.99 does that seem like a good deal? seems decent to me, compared to the other used 1070's on ebay.

The cheapest used 1070ti's are £300 and I can't afford that right now.

That's what your BIOS decided was stable during training on boot. Try add more DRAM voltage and see if it does better.

Worth a try if I guess. Those are still good timings.

thanks for all the (You)s, whats the thought behind going for Intel for gaming? I've done some research and most benchmarks dont really show a huge difference between ryzen and intel in the same price range.
Anyone have any comments on the other parts besides the CPU?
I've omitted a b-die RAM set from the intel build as opposed to the ryzen build, will this matter?

1070/ti in the OP for 1440p but not 2060
I bet whoever wrote it like that thought it was smart bc 2060 has 6GB VRAM but it actually crushes 1070/ti in 1440

aka kys

Intel is better for gaming in general but you can make a good and cheaper build with ryzen too.

intel is better at single core IPC which is what most games or gaming emulators are looking for. amd is better at multi core IPC which is what server and rendering software is looking for. also intel tends to do better with lower speed than amd due to the differences in their memory controller.

do better with lower speed RAM*

Any feedback? Max budget is 2500usd
Gonna be used mainly for gaming ( multiplayer at 1440p/high refresh and single player at 4k/ aiming at medium preset 50 - 60 ish fps)
Alrady have a Corsair 540 and two 2 tb hdd´s
pcpartpicker.com/list/qq383b

Thanks you user, i just received it and it has samsung memory.

Yep, got another freeze. I'll try to get the XMP timings the mobo wants and up voltage to 1.4

someone make them hurry up

WHat's a good Intel cpu and board if you have no plans to overclock? Planning on single player gaming at 1080p

i58400
i78600
i78700

You have no idea what IPC means stay away from computers.

Are there any benchmarks showing a 4.8+ ghz i5 6600k/7600k/ i3 8350k vs 6c/6t 6c/12t 8c/8t 8c/16t and ryzen overclocked CPUs in games? I can only find the 7700k.

In the market for a computer monitor as the one I have now I have had since 2006.

Look at the Optix AG32C

>165Hz refresh rate
>1ms response time helps eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates
>R1800 curve panel design
>True color- NTSC 85%, sRGB 110%

Am I fucking up?

amazon.com/dp/B01LB05TOO/

Why would you not want Gigabyte? Their Aorus boards are the best right now, beats Asus and others. Please don't reply with the usual meme response 'niggerbyte? That shit sucks'

Which of these two would should I pick for an i7-8700?
B360M MORTAR Micro ATX or Z370M MORTAR Micro ATX

Always buy IPS panels, retard. Get the XB271HU

Because I already have a Gigabyte board and I detest everything BIOS to drivers.

I want good response time. I have frequently used a 1ms 144hz 1080 panel elsewhere and enjoyed it.

Are there any premade build recommendations?

Not sure of my budget yet but it will mainly be for music production and very occasional gaming, however I'm aiming for something kinda cheap.

I'm just so tired of using a laptop. Will also spend a lot on a decent 27" monitor so it is comfy to use.

Fucking retard it's VA. IPS is 2012 tier shit get with it.

How do VAs compare? Only had IPS.

>XB271HU

Wow that is one ugly-ass monitor

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

VA is better unless you have ~1K to spend on a monitor.

they tend to go on sale for less, user.

So whats the best monitor I can get for 300-400. Hoping for wide screen.

Thoughts on this monitor?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7HN6HF2659
>VA
>1440p
>144Hz
>1ms
>HDR support
>not a gay gaymer design

I need perfect viewing angles and isn't IPS better in that? I read that VAs also suffer more from motion blur and have yellow VA glow that's visible even at bright images.

What's this response time meme? I thought high refresh rates was all that mattered, IPS ones have 4ms or something. It's 1ms vs 4ms and far better picture quality.

Yeah, can't be helped. It has the best design unironically; it has the slimmest bezels of all 1440p 144hz monitors and I switched the stand out in favor of a small one from an old Dell monitor I had.

yea enjoy your shoddy colors
only a literal braindead shithead would get anything but IPS

Attached: vkPiT9r.jpg (1440x824, 1M)

lol how fucking old and inaccurate is that image.
VA have higher sRGB range and massively higher contrast than IPS for the same price.

Now post a black level comparison

>Asking for prebuilt advice in the PC BUILDING GENERAL

Now try to do any thing close to competitively game.

no thanks pajeet

Lately my games hang every time I take a screenshot during gameplay.

Do I have a problem? Or is it the game's fault?

Attached: 1441425995906.gif (330x251, 1.77M)

wtf how could you even think that?

VA panels are outdated by now, even current Eizo high end color editing monitors with 98% DCI-P3 capability use IPS panels.

I meant premade builds as in already selected components not a prebuilt computer

>high end color editing monitors
And how many of us do professional color editing

Here's the expensive IPS monitor for you bro :)

Attached: Backlight-bleed-IPS.jpg (1024x768, 39K)

who cares? IPS is the superior technology.

For regular gaming, and yes that includes Overwatch gaymen on a non professional level, IPS 144hz will fucking do the job for the vast majority.
IPS still wins buddy boyo, look at pic related. On my TN panel you can't see the details at all, they just get clouded. Absolute garbage, gave me a headache.

Attached: 1547624103490.jpg (874x1630, 196K)

>muh 1ms
makes no real difference to non pro gamers.
you really wouldn't say such things if you saw a TN and IPS panel side by side, in person. I played the new True Detective on my TN one and Mahershala Ali became a blob of blackness, you couldn't see his features at all. Fucking hilarious. Same for the dark scenes with atmospheric lighting, it was just a mess.

When he was talking about black level comparison I don't think he was talking about TN

I mean holy shit how fucking aspie do you have to be to shill TNshit or anything
apart from the 1ms shit or 240hz meme there's no advantage to a TN panel for gaymen, not when monitors like the XB271HU exist. For the vast, vast majority, a TN gaymur panel will absolutely suffice. If you haven't used a TN panel before, you wouldn't really know how bad it is in person.

Attached: 1456224142848.jpg (400x361, 30K)