Desktop threads shouldn't be allowed on Jow Forums and here's why:

Desktop threads shouldn't be allowed on Jow Forums and here's why:
As some of you know, desktop threads have been banned on Jow Forums a while ago only to be re-allowed recently. The purpose of the ban was clear: desktop/fetch/homescreen threads didn't really develop any technological discussion most of the time (while also attracting some spammers). Often people would just post a screenshot and leave it there without talking about the software/hardware related to his picture/someone else's.
Now, that isn't really the issue since a couple of anons would eventually engage on actual technology-related discussions however, there's still something that plagues desktop threads to this day: the identity problem. Many users within these threads don't seem to care about asserting their identity together with their desktop and using these threads as a social circle. Remember, this isn't a board like /soc/, there are other places for that.
Another issue is the low quality culture behind these threads: most of it's posters aren't really interesting when it comes to what they do/what they talk about nor what is presented on their screenshots.
TL,DR: desktop threads are just a gathering of the same posters again and again who just keep jerking each other and newer ones trying to gain some attention all while spamming posts thus bumping a thread that shouldn't even exist in the first place.
PS: I also should note that there's a huge influx of clueless reddit*rs that have 0 shame on showing others where they actually come from many of them, who just so happen to lurk AND post on desktop threads.

Attached: aonyannyan.png (1919x1079, 1022K)

>anime
stopped reading right there

>going against desktop threads
>posts desktop anyway
Okay retard

>stop liking what I don't like.
Meta discussion goes on /qa/ retard

Attached: 1513569198612.gif (500x282, 949K)

You're a hater and I bet you use windows too

Attached: D99EDD8C-4577-42AB-BB0D-4D264B5B56F7.jpg (720x537, 39K)

Remember the awful tripfag culture in the desktop threads a few years back? Yikes

eat shit and die

Not my desktop. Also, nothing wrong with anime, Jow Forums was originally created mainly for anime discussions.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Break of anonymity should already be frowned upon on a anonymous image board. Now, actually allowing it? on a technology board? fucking stupid.

is dis da new desktop thread? uwu

Attached: 1536297066549.png (1366x768, 299K)

Is this the new desktop thread?

Attached: isthisthenewdesktopthread?.png (1366x768, 3.01M)

Prime example of why desktop threads should be banned again. Also, we have /wg/ for that.

nice colors

lol faggot u mad
fuck jannies
fuck modbois

Attached: 1527225912929.png (242x276, 74K)

Where the hell else am I supposed to go to show off my ricing autism hobby?

Attached: 2019-01-19-152324_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 457K)

based deerposter

Attached: DECADENT.png (586x606, 484K)

I always found (and still do) that Desktop Threads were the nicer part of Jow Forums, if that makes any sense. I found new ideas on how to improve my workflow and make my system more usable. The aesthetics never were really what hooked me on the thread, just how others used their systems and if there was anything I could learn from them.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 6.39.46 PM.png (1440x900, 579K)

Desktop threads were banned by a moderator who instead of doing his job properly and range banning 3 spammers decided to autosage the threads and tell the jannies to delete them on sight.
He was a faggot who had an irrational hatred for desktop threads and was just looking for an excuse to ban them (probably because he got told his shitty desktop sucked).
If the spam hadn't happened, desktop threads never would've been banned because he wouldn't be able to justify it.
After 2 years he was finally fired for his immense faggotry and desktop threads were reallowed because they were banned for no reason in the first place.
>desktop threads are just a gathering of the same posters again and again who just keep jerking each other and newer ones trying to gain some attention all while spamming posts thus bumping a thread that shouldn't even exist in the first place
You sound absolutely buttblasted.
Did you get bullied for your awful rice?
Your stock Windows desktop didn't get any (You)'s?
lmao

>windows using degenerates
pls no

>wallpapers board
kill yourself retard

THIS

you sound like a jealous wincuck
>Desktop threads shouldn't be allowed on Jow Forums
says the nigger posting in /v/ consumer advice and console wars threads
kill yourself

Attached: 1440114975559.jpg (411x381, 49K)

Nice projecting kids. But, believe it or not, I never posted on desktop threads (thus why I'm complaining...).

Attached: 1454517175375.jpg (1024x768, 160K)

>salty pajeet triggered out of his mind by linux desktops

Attached: currysoft-shill-station.png (882x1300, 1.56M)

show yourself back to your intel vs amd thread you double nigger

What about Speccy threads? Nobody seem to care about them, but you always see anons complaining about fetch threads.

boards:g;op:only;/desktop/i
boards:g;op:only;/fetch/i

Nobody likes a whiner.

it's just triggered wincucks and /v/ermin

Whats wrong with stuff like this? It shows at least some talent from the OP. and i think they look kinda nice desu.

There's a ton worse threads in Jow Forums than desktop.

P. S the plan9 guy rocks!

He's is just mentally distressed by seeing cool Linux desktops because they invoke traumatic thoughts of his severe cuckoldry.

He's just mentally distressed by seeing cool Linux desktops because they invoke traumatic thoughts of his severe cuckoldry.

glad you turned off your filter to post that

good point with /wg/. /wg/ has at least one desktop thread at any given time and is more appropriate there.

>technology thread on a wallpapers board
>appropriate

desktop thread, not technology. the only real Jow Forums related parts of the screenshots are maybe the specs. otherwise, it's just looks

>user interface and software is not technology

>posting pictures on Jow Forums rather than talking about technology

Even if there was literally no technology discussion in desktop threads (which there is), they would still be more on topic than at least half the catalog and higher in quality than most of it.

but apple shilling threads live on

A picture is worth a thousand words, user