*cracks open monster*

*cracks open monster*

Attached: those were the days.jpg (250x228, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macintouch.com/specialreports/perfpack02/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It looked bad even in 2003.

A Triumph of modern design

Attached: 41hN91MrWhL._SX425_.jpg (425x326, 19K)

Ah the toilet seat iBook

Those things are downright hideous

terrible looking computer

*cracks open red bull*

Attached: xperia-games-front.jpg (1200x900, 93K)

Man they shit the bed with that. All it needed was more space

*sips*
Yup.

Attached: IMG_20190115_165606.jpg (2560x1920, 2.21M)

woah, sorry, didnt see you there

Attached: 17a8721db60995772b5a91757897bf35.jpg (2400x1745, 554K)

Zoomers cream their pants at the sight of these.

Attached: blokovi_001.jpg (590x392, 34K)

Wft is this? Looks like aluminium or other metal sheets...

I'm starting at one of those right now. I use it to control my 3d printer.

It's peak laptop design.

More like peak of shitty material for computers.
Plastics are superior.

plastics are for poor slobs

God damn I love these. Favorite color too, up there with sage. The windowed case before windowed cases were popular
mmmMMMMM UGGGHHHHHHHHHGGGGGODDDDDD

Attached: imac sage.jpg (708x799, 162K)

*sips*
yep. they just dont makem like they used to

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1127, 190K)

Hell yeah. Graphite, Ruby and Sage were the best colors.
iMac G3s make for some extremely comfy machines, you can even post from them using Classilla (Or TenFourFox under Tiger if you're really really patient)
The DV models are also literally silent if you plop an SSD in them. As much as people want to shit on these for being passive, I find it a great feature. It's just that they shouldn't have used chink capacitors. Oh well, nothing some brand new Panasonics can't fix.

Attached: IMG_20190120_023322.jpg (2560x1920, 1.9M)

How do I convince my local school to sell me all their old iMacs, and how much should I offer? They have hundreds of them.

wait until they upgrade and just pick them out of the dumpster

They usually go for around $20 to $40 each.
Keep in mind they are extremely flaky machines. Faults include (from most to least common):
-Rotten speaker foam. Brand new drivers are available on ebay for around $8 a pair. All machines suffer from this at this point.
-Dead PRAM batteries. Replacements are $10. Pretty much all machines suffer from this.
-Broken slot-load drives. These you'll have to repair. Sometimes the belt on them goes bad, sometimes it's the rollers.
-Bad main filter capacitor. Replacements are $5, but installing them is extremely hard due to the construction of the upper part of the machine. You'll need some experience working on CRTs if you don't want to die while going all touchy-feely inside the machine, too.
-Arcing flyback transformers. Machines with this fault are lost causes. Logic board donors at the most.
Also, there's a couple of firmware flaws that were fixed with firmware updates, which you'll want to apply:
-A system ROM bug that made the machines kill themselves when installing OS X 10.2 or later.
-A DVD-ROM drive bug which will cause it to take up to two minutes to recognize CDs, which will make the machine unable to boot from CDs among other things.
If you're planning on reselling them you better get them for free, because otherwise you won't be turning a profit on them.

They upgraded years ago. I'm pretty sure they still have a lot of them though.

I'm not trying to resell, just want to fuck around with them. I have CRT experience and a BS in EE so I can fix most hardware issues.

I just got 2 of those from a kid on mexican craigslist for around 12 dollars.
One is a Ruby DV that doesn't boot, it just turns the green LED on the power button on and makes a high-pitched whine, and the other one is a Blueberry 266MHz that boots into the folder icon (it has a faulty hard drive and CD drive, but other than that it works).

these were sexy as fuck. I think they look better than the current MacBooks in a weird way.

m-maybe it's just nostalgia.

Attached: 1542741380052.jpg (470x512, 67K)

>it just turns the green LED on the power button on and makes a high-pitched whine,
Sounds like a bad power supply. If you're lucky it's just a bridge capacitor which you can replace fairly easily. If it's the flyback transformer then you're fucked unless you take one out of another machine. Between the two you should be able to make one working machine.

Looks a lot like my old Dell XPS 14z desu

Attached: screenshot_022.jpg (886x758, 131K)

that keyboard looks really nice and interesting

>I have CRT experience and a BS in EE so I can fix most hardware issues.
Well then, by any means do try and get them. They're really fun machines if you want a bit of a project/challenge. The Classic Mac OS is also a really fun OS, as unstable and cobbled together as it is inside.
>Between the two you should be able to make one working machine.
Not really, the analog boards aren't interchangeable between the tray loaders and the slot loaders. I don't think the flybacks are interchangeable either, as both machines are based off completely different CRT chassis. Plus most of the time the flybacks take the horizontal amplifier ICs with them too, and everything else down the HV oscillator chain.
Pic is the best case scenario -the bad filter cap. Had they used a proper capacitor and not a cheapo chink one, these machines would've turned out a lot more reliable.

Attached: IMG_20190115_192854.jpg (2560x1920, 1.84M)

It was pleasant to type on, also switchable backlight if you're into that kind of thing.

Marathon was a good game

Attached: m1PR3oq.jpg (4032x3024, 1.01M)

All these pathetic idiots fell for the fruit cult.

>t. zoomer who never got to experience the comfy PowerPC era of Apple.

The only piece of Apple tech I own is an iPod classic. I just want to buy cheap computers off my local school to get some nostalgia from my middle school days.

>housefire macshit
>comfy
the only thing worse than a mactoddler is a macboomer

Growing up my schools all had Apple ][c's, but I have no desire to play Lemonade Stand on one, the nostalgia will pass.
Well put.

Carbon is the future, materiallets

HP made a better macbook than apple did

Attached: hackintoshelitebook.jpg (4640x2610, 2.53M)

oy vey look at all those ports that we can't make the goy pay extra for something must be done Moishe

OBSESSED

Swan song

Who's obsessed? And with what?

what laptop is that?

I really want a 645 to play with.

Those aren't sheets, those are solid blocks. Probably weigh a couple tons each.

I fucking hate apple, I just like making stuff work.

Yeah it was. Scared the shit out of me as a kid with those monsters with the mouths on their stomachs.

Let me go grab my VTech.

thicc

the whole G4/G5 lineup was great. peak apple design.

Attached: apple g5.jpg (1901x453, 108K)

>powerpc
>housefire
the heat problems only started after they switched to incel. imagine that.

kino

why did they stop making the PowerPC?

My favorite is the "never obsolete" sticker that came on them

Yep. Best there was.

I still want a Lime G3 iBook.
Pic doesn’t even begin to show how blinding it is.

Attached: FBCAC0F7-7047-4165-ACFB-9F452B76D821.jpg (500x375, 60K)

Because Steve Jobs saw that he could reduce costs on Macintosh while keeping the price the same therefore increase profits by switching over to a manufacturer who supplies CPU's for the majority of the PC market opposed to a single supplier for PPC chips that only produce for niche and embedded markets.
Think about it, PPC is used in embedded applications. If they got hot to where they wouldn't be useful in a laptop, they wouldn't be in embedded products, would they?

Because Apple couldn't shoehorn a G5 into a notebook, due to the power consumption. Intel struck gold with the Core series. It was a no brainer switch for Apple.

this is false prima facia

Attached: crapple shatbook librebutt.jpg (3024x4032, 2.06M)

Bull.
It was entirely driven by profit for Apple.
It had nothing to do with technical specs.
Remember the Apple III?
Steve Jobs didn't care about heat issues then, why would with a laptop?

So instead of investing on making their own CPUs they just bought them from an existant provider, doesnt that means that every Macbook/Imac is just a generic Intel platform computer with generic overpriced hardware? I mean, they were truly a different thing when they had the PowerPC and their own architecture...

Of course the decision was made based upon what would be most profitable. If they hadn't made the switch to Intel, they would've been left in the dust, performance wise.

The more I look at that image, the creepier it gets.

even powerpc was an ibm arch, even the original lisa had a motorola cpu

only the iphone and ipad started having apple designed cpu's

PPC was their own investment.
Apple
IBM
Motorola
They threw away that money to purchase from a competitor instead because of quick profits.
No evidence to support that.

Lol wut? Core for core, Intel curb stomped the G5. couple that in with the fact IBM couldn't break 3 GHz on the stupid things, they weren't even on the same playing field. The G5 was on par with like late Netburst. Conroe wiped the fucking floor with G5's.

So you use newer version of Core processors to compare with older version of G5.
Great reasoning. You have to cheat to win.

It doesn't even matter. The IPC gains from Merom to Conroe were essentially negligible. Core for core Merom wiped the floor with the G5, while consuming half of the electricity.

Sorry, Yonah, not Merom.

>it's a mactoddler man child thinks he or is manchild fruit toys will ever belong on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1518015993661.png (400x1650, 367K)

Why not post some sources if you are going to make an argument.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1543135952142.png (610x1054, 160K)

What's this supposed to prove?
AMD does this.
Intel does this.
It's called optimization and marketing, dude.

Ask me how I know you shit in the street.

Attached: 1539975922809.jpg (529x605, 163K)

Because I was shitting right next to you.
You aren't posting anything but a hit piece that ignores the x86 manufacturers' own manipulation of tests.
You suck.

Attached: pajeet-natural-instinct.jpg (624x351, 44K)

macintouch.com/specialreports/perfpack02/

How about you prove me wrong, rather than simply deflecting?

You're the one that introduced the argument. The onus of proof is on you.

Why else wouldn't Apple put a 2 core CPU in the iMac iSight, aside from the fact that it would likely be a fucking house fire?

A 2 core G5, that is.

Because the heat issue was a sleight-of-hand for why Apple really changed.
They've done this crap their whole life.
You had the Apple ][, whoops Jobs kills it off for his shitty Lisa / Macintosh line. It uses Motorola 68k processors.
Here comes the 90's, whoops, kill the Motorola line of Macs for PowerPC. Force developers to learn new assembly and low-level calls.
Here comes 99, whoops, kill the original operating system for some NeXT POS that requires developers to completely rewrite their software.
Here comes '05, whoops, kill the PowerPC for Intel because they can get CPU's at a much lower production cost and thereby increase profits by surfing nouveau popularity.
Here comes '07, whoops, kill the Mac because everyone wants ARM based iPhone / iPads because they are now _consumers_ of computers and no longers _users_ (people who can and do program their computers for their needs).
Don't you get it? Are you willfully ignorant or just being obstinate?

>BASED G5
>Powerbook G4

BASED POWERBOOK G4

im running Ubuntu mate PPC on mine and its perfectly usable 13 years later. Fucking Incredible.

> you must wait longer to delete this post

Attached: IMG_6077.jpg (3264x2448, 1.32M)

Those companies are killing the computer industry.
>hurr durr lets just solder everything into a small ass board
>cant even upgrade RAM

>waifu not working
pottery

Nice toilet.

Poo in loo street shitter.

Attached: 1536168078602.jpg (643x960, 255K)

Only nice applel machine itt

wut ? its one of many machines hot head

Attached: IMG_6082.jpg (3264x2448, 1.61M)

>i can be yuor angle or yuor debil

>running anything but 10.4 on a late PPC system
it's like you enjoy cooking your balls with the overhead of bloated as fuck freetard applications

>boo hoo I don't know what I'm talking about but change is a jewish conspiracy and I really hate it!
This post is so fucking dumb and uninformed, it makes my head hurt.

Now this was a laptop

Modern Macbooks are terrible. They're glorified thin clients. I literally get more use out of an Android tablet resting on a BT keyboard.

Apple Derangement Syndrome.

Writing latin phrases doesn't make you smarter, user kun.

The joke is that this, however bad looking, was more functional than any modern macbook with their internal housefires and dongles for dongles.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Apple_iPod_mini_grey-2005-04-07.jpg (800x600, 100K)

>seriously comparing the Apple III situation with a laptop
You are a retard if you think those situations are comparable to begin. The Apple III was a desktop machine to begin. Even if a G5 laptop overheated, the battery life would have been a concern for them anyways.
It was monetary and technical choice. A downclocked G5 wasn't faster than a G4, the Nvidia chipset siped too much energy to be used in a laptop, IBM and Motorola didn't have enough profit from the deals with Apple, so they didn't proper R&D, IBM hoped that Apple accepted migrate to Cell processors, Apple became interest in give the Macbooks the ability to run Windows, etc.

Meh, not really. Other than having an optical drive the first-gen clamshells with just one USB port and one ethernet port are just as gimped on I/O as any modern MacBook.