Will electric cars stop working after Telsa dissolves this year?

Attached: 1537785307701.png (612x682, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carbuzz.com/news/check-out-these-seriously-bad-tesla-model-3-quality-control-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=lZrw8zaPFr4
shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/roadster-3_0-battery-upgrade.html
politico.com/story/2016/05/elon-musk-rocket-defense-223161
cleantechnica.com/2017/09/05/10492-tesla-model-s-maintenance-charging-costs-300000-miles/
youtube.com/watch?v=pxSQuGeoug8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Elon Musk? Is he based or just a hack?

maybe you don't understand how debt works.

the Japanese guy just paid spaceX 4billion recently you retard

elon is in love

he is winning. just sad cucks who recently brought petrol hate on him.

He's a winfag and therefore an enemy of Jow Forums

his girlfriend is ultra cool and basically a Jow Forums browsing girl.

not sure about him thou.

he is no von braun

He started out by being based because:

- Did what NASA has been trying to do at a fraction of the cost
- Bought out electric cars at a time industry was about not upsetting oil giants

Lately though he's become a giant meme. Tesla has developed a reputation for low quality. Several of his businesses are horribly in debt. His personal relationships have been much bigger deals than they should be because he's gotten heavily into the "i date and parade models around"

some one really needs to make a elon pepe

Attached: 1536410663263.jpg (1660x1323, 360K)

Elon "married twice to the same woman" Musk was fired from PayPal for suggesting they migrate to a windows server.

are you talking about Grimes? she makes awful music and is ugly as fuck tbqh. You really need to go back to /mu/.

Electric cars will continue to be a mirage until they quit being buy once throw away when done devices.

why don't you research her personality you dumb cunt she is literally a Jow Forums user. who cares what some girl you will never see looks or sounds like their interests are more important at that point.

Hack

Lmao @ life if you think they will dissolve because of a bill due that’s less than 1 billion

Probably not, but debtors could hold Tesla drivers ransom:
>pay $20k for every Tesla car you bought for less than production costs or we will remotely brick them.

What do you mean?
Electric cars generally last longer than petrol cars.

Elon is pretty based

puts rockets into space and fucks Grimes

i don't really care about Tesla, he should mercy kill hte company and focus 100% on space

Jow Forums is still split on musk

Yes. Electric cars can't compete in the free market and are only viable with tax subsidies. Fed got rid of tax subsidies for them, even many liberal states are getting ride of their own tax subsidies because they need the tax revenue badly. Electric cars are finished.

America is a tiny market for electric cars.
Europe still has many subsidies, and clear intend to keep them until electric cars become viable on their own.

>Electric cars generally last longer than petrol cars.
not true

yes true

This, the dust hasn't settled yet

The promise of being able to replace your battery with the incremental progress of range hasn't been fulfilled. Every manufacturer makes it damn near impossible or not worth replacing batteries. There are written accounts of this as well as videos on youtube of exactly this problem. Cost of replacing a smart electric battery? Same as a brand new car. Cost of replacing battery on a Leaf? 1/3 of price of a brand new leaf with the added fuck you of only original range, but same price as battery for the new leaf. There is no incentive for it until it becomes required by law that manufacturers support the older models.

electric cars are a fad like VR that really will neve catch on

>recently purchased 35,000$ shit teir car

Calm down white knight she ain't gonna fuck you.

I think Elon Musk is a pretty cool guy. Eh builds rocket science and doesn't afraid of anything.

based musk retard

Attached: brainletmusk.png (690x667, 242K)

>research her personality she is literally a Jow Forums user
and this is a plus, because ?

It's not a plus. The sort of women that are on Jow Forums are usually fat ugly tumblrinas with hair dyed red.

>Tesla has developed a reputation for low quality.
What happened?

Last time I checked they were known for making expensive cars that everyone wanted.

just one example
carbuzz.com/news/check-out-these-seriously-bad-tesla-model-3-quality-control-issues

Oh fuck, /mu/ are the worst board in this shit hole and you are one of the reasons.
She is a fucking hack that makes awful music.
God, I hate /mu/

Attached: Grimes-2019.jpg (1548x1024, 1.43M)

they were always low quality, but the original tesla buyers didn't care about those finer points, they wanted an electric car. You can only live off of that for so long.

>debt is bad

Attached: 1524966676897.png (1440x1557, 738K)

I think he's basically the embodiment of pure willpower. When he sets his mind on something he just do it. He doesn't care how much effort is needed to get what he wants.
He set his mind to travel to mars, so he learned rocket science on his own. Then he created a company that sends rockets into space for 1/5th of the price, and soon the be 1/10th. He was and I think he still is the lead engineer for Space X.
He also created Paypal in an era where https wasn't even standard protocol but http was.
He has his own AI company to try and stay on top of the AI field to be able to understand and react if things go wrong.

So yea, he's pretty much based.

Yeah, split between Jow Forumstards and redditors/poltards

debt is bad though, brainlet.

You're paying interest, no matter how small that may be.

>owing money is good

Attached: 1547508409099.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

That's not how debt works retard, most of the developed world has had over 100% of their GDP as debt for many many years. They just ask for more money to postpone the payment and then service the interests, using the extra revenue from the occasional particularly good year to pay a bit of the debt.

its ok to like Elon

>Implying tesla is the only company that makes electric cars.

Attached: 1a.png (1009x723, 287K)

I think what a lot of people need to realize is this is a brand new company that suddenly and out of nowhere started building giant factories and then single handily made electric vehicles extremely popular to the point that every major manufacturer decided to wake up and get in the game. Tesla's high end vehicles like the model S/X are actually pretty darn nice on their fit and finish and always have been set to be that way. Remember when Elon freely updated the strike plates for the entire bottom of the car to overly protect the batteries from retards? No other manufacturer would of done that until there were class action lawsuits.
The model 3's are basically the Civics of Tesla's however. They're being banged out by low skill techs to try and generate money asap and we'll see how its quality changes over time.

nice of you to rewrite history. elon didn't found tesla he didnt make the electric car popular, Martin and Marc did that. Then comes along elon and kicks them out of their own company.
>They're being banged out by low skill techs to try and generate money asap and we'll see how its quality changes over time.
except that isn't how car manufacturing works, I literally work in a car plant that makes two models of cars, it doesn't matter if the car costs 18k or 40k at base model, the quality of building these cars is exactly the same, because VW happens to know how to make and operate a car manufacturing facility. Tesla doesn't. That is the key point, even fucking Lada's in the 70s and 80s were aligned properly, tesla cars aren't, they also aren't manufactured in a way that facilitates manufacturing of the car itself and by doing that they cost more money than they would otherwise. On top of all this, they can't build them fast enough with enough quality, something that frenchies do all day with commercial vans
>youtube.com/watch?v=lZrw8zaPFr4
Tesla simply doesn't know what its doing and Elons ego won't allow for the company to do car manufacturing the way its been settled through a hundred years of trial and error.

>/mu/
>music

It really is a shithole and has been for some time

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-20-12-44-40-894_org.floens.chan.jpg (1080x1709, 355K)

He thinks he's Zefram Cochrane.

I never implied Elon was the reason for anything, this is a thread about Tesla. Though he has PR'd his way through many things that were a benefit even though hes fun to hate on lately.
Lovely little rant about the model 3s though. They literally aren't on the same production areas as the high end cars and have been grossly mismanaged I agree. They'll 100% have them in proper shape no doubt but yes they should of been better setup before going into full production and making stupid promises. I have no side here, but anyone acting like Tesla is a meme is a boomer. Literally every vehicle manufacturer pumps out a bad line and has massive recalls or seriously questionable quality. Look at the early 2000's and all the fucking shit that was given to us as extreme cost cutting became more and more relevant.

are you high and out of your mind?
no car manufacturers don't do what tesla has done, they dont put out a shit quality car and improve it as it goes. a car manufacturer does a few shit cars that promptly get "fixed" by experts and are then used at the detroit car show and others and are scrapped right afterwards and in doing so improve manufacturing process greatly and then you have a fully working line with zero kinks.
Car manufacturers get sued all the time for little shit things they claim, let alone all recalls and problem issues that come up later. Certain year Chevy Colorados leak water, they also have bad grounds which burn up circuits, every car has problems. Problem with Tesla is they simply don't know how to make a mass market car and they blame everyone, their workers, their customers, the (((media))), everyone is at fault in muskrats eyes except for him or his demands that don't fit into reality. When you put in place targets your workers will find ways to meet them even in ways you don't like so much, and the proof of that is in Tesla's quality, and the blame is squarely on muskrat.

SpaceX != Tesla

/thread

Haven't tuners just made their own ecu and shit for the Tesla platforms? Ev community seems pretty happy with them
Besides China will make the batteries not if but when Tesla goes under.
Company hasn't ever made a profit and just sucks off government aids cock

I pray Tesla gets bought out by a real car company that will fix all of the dumb manufacturing and design shit Tesla does that's wasteful and unnecessary.

>Tesla wheel well: 7 pieces
>Every other car manufacturer's wheel well: 1 piece

He had high dreams but decided to fight old money. We'll see if he can win, probably not.

>girl working around heavy machinery with her hair down
lol no

Attached: 1522459418610.png (1106x1012, 573K)

I don't get the fascination with Tesla cars. They're expensive with shoddy at best build quality. They put the same size and capacity battery in their various model cars but arbitrarily restrict the car to a reduced range via BIOS/firmware unless you pay for their upgraded package. Not only that but you're not allowed to work on your car at all. They won't provide you with parts lest you void your warranty.

Not even hating on Tesla as I think their battery tech and electric motors are some sick tech. But for fuck's sake come on. They're shit.

Attached: 1545703282953.png (335x335, 121K)

you do know musk isnt on the helm of tesla right?

>what happened
Hitjob opposition marketing in social media and through articles like in the OP

The objective of which is to blow out of porportion any faults that do crop up. Basically the opposite of traditional PR that is meant to downplay issues. Modern PR is now about making competitor issues seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.

This 100%. Fuck Tesla, let's go to space.

>Company hasn't ever made a profit and just sucks off government aids cock

They've got a pretty good gross profit margin on their cars. The only reason they don't 'make a profit' at the moment is because they've been taking out massive loans to jumpstart manufacturing for the cars and batteries. So it's pretty disingenuous to say things like 'hasnt ever made a profit'. I remember when people were saying that about Amazon, too.

And the company paid off their (frankly small) government loan years ago. Where the fuck have you been? They don't even get EV incentives anymore either.

When people come into Tesla threads spouting this nonsense I'm just constantly reminded of flat earth retards who keep repeating the same things every day.

Go invent some more useless crap elon

When bonds mature, companies and countries issue new ones to refinance.
The only situation where a bond maturing can mean bankruptcy is if there is not enough investor interest to purchase the new ones, even at a high yield.

If you think there's going to be trouble finding $920m worth of bond buyers for a company that is now cash-flow positive, you're as clueless as the average journalist.

Attached: 1351629208576.png (298x296, 18K)

>Buy nonfree car
>Company that makes car goes under
>Can't make any sort of repair due to parts not being available
The future you chose

Attached: 3bfe5ec89e2b66c507042a9c6f4fbeeee5ee8b260a2a64e053fc85b3d8b2bae4.png (253x227, 35K)

Where can I buy a free car?

Teslas have a number of advantages over other electric cars. They tend to look & perform better - compare Tesla Model 3 with a similarly priced BMW i3, for example. Or a huge one would be Tesla's supercharger network. You can actually drive a Tesla across broad swaths of the US in a halfway respectable amount of time. Other electric cars can't.

Attached: Tesla-Superchargers-USA.png (2577x1298, 2.47M)

pretty sure you can find one on thingyverse
just download it and print it out
it's not rocket science

I said that you chose it. It's why we're here right now.
Most old cars allow for generic, free parts though.

I hope Tesla goes bankrupt, (((media))) roasts Elon because he isn't (((progressive))) and then out of spite he buys Jow Forums and 4channel, merges them to Jow Forums again, deletes /co/ and puts Jow Forums servers in orbit around the Earth

Bullshit artist who peddles vaporware. He doesn't understand constraints, which is why his work seems ahead of NASA and competitors.

He's like a 10 year old with an interest in stem. "I wanna go to Mars on a rocketship!"
"I wanna cool underground tunnels!"

>ultra cool

>Jow Forums browsing

kys

>They won't provide you with parts lest you void your warranty.
no longer truth

do you thing there will lawsuits because of false advertisement?
because not a long ago they showed "reduced price" with savings and now they increased supercharging cost by ~30%

Attached: mx.jpg (850x559, 71K)

his cars are botnet

Hmh. Should buy a Tesla seeing that they lose money on every car they manufacture. Must be a great deal for the buyer.

>Did what NASA has been trying to do at a fraction of the cost
lol no

There is a good reason SpaceX has taken the lion's share of the commercial launch market. Right now a Falcon 9 is the cheapest way to orbit. And at this point I would bet the BFR/Starship will end up flying before NASA/Boeing get the SLS off the ground; if you want a space program to criticize, look at that.

Billions of dollars over budget, years late, on what should have been a relatively easy project, given all reused shuttle parts - no need to develop new engines or solid fuel boosters. And yet it has produced nothing that works yet.

Attached: launch.jpg (1800x1215, 172K)

Attached: brazil elon.png (1050x695, 583K)

Why don't they just open up their Supercharger network to other cars? Or franchise it? Tesla could make billions from the convenience store racket.

Attached: supercharger.jpg (2048x1125, 305K)

This is the reason most of their consumers buy their scrap and not a nissan or kia.

there aren't even enough stations for their own users

I was last year in the US, visiting a friend who just bought a second hand '16 Model S P90D with all available options and free supercharging for life for some $25k-ish from some dude that owed him a serious amount of money.

That car is seriously amazing and worth a lot more imho, especially the free supercharging thing because there is a supercharger down his street.

I would seriously consider buying a (lower priced second hand) tesla if they were available (and if there would be more charging stations) over here.

THAT'S HOW MAFIA WORKS

Isn't it like 10k to replace the battery? Meanwhile you'd have to majorly fuck up in your maintenance upkeep to require that cost for a normal car. With gas at around $1.80 where I live (Texas), in a 30 MPG car that money could get you over 160,000 miles.

But Mueller is even better

shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/roadster-3_0-battery-upgrade.html
so cheap!!!

You sound like a bitter old man who lost all of his childish hopes and dreams back in 'nam.

Reminder to short its basically free money.

If you missed out on bitcoins shorting musk's companies is the easiest way to get rich.

I pretty much paid for my humanities degree that way.

They components like batteries and motors are higher quality than the competition, but chassis is more expensive to produce, as they are still following design ideas that originated with hand built prototypes. They could sell their cars cheaper if they were designed to be produced more cheaply.

Elon Musk’s SpaceX had to sue before it got access to the Pentagon — but now, as it promises to deliver cargo into space at less than half the cost of the military’s favored contractor, it has pulled back the curtain on tens of billions in potentially unnecessary military spending.

The entrenched contractor, a joint operation of Boeing and Lockheed Martin called the United Launch Alliance, has conducted 106 space launches all but flawlessly, but the cost for each is more than $350 million, according to the Government Accountability Office. SpaceX promises launches for less than $100 million.

politico.com/story/2016/05/elon-musk-rocket-defense-223161

tesla car will be locked out if they don't phone home for too long

cleantechnica.com/2017/09/05/10492-tesla-model-s-maintenance-charging-costs-300000-miles/
10k for 300k miles

>issue new ones to refinance
after Elon named the jews he got shut out of the bond market and can no longer refinance

Like that black ytuber who got locked out of superchargers or bricked entirely?
Surely there is aftermarket stuff I've seen the ev guts of Tesla's shoved in to fossil fuel cars
What I'm saying is aftermarket total ecu/module replacement will be a thing
Can totally see shops doing up older cars in 5-10+ years time as track/drag sluts and project cars

the company has around 4bn in cash, Elon said he was just going to repay it

go back to /mu/, I left to escape retards like you

youtube.com/watch?v=pxSQuGeoug8

grimes left him you tard also she's not that cool

Attached: bfb.jpg (500x544, 100K)

You can’t buy wheel bolt cover from Tesla without a interrogation. Yet you expect to be able to buy a new battery. I don’t see it happening. There aren’t enough cars out there to see the real situations with Tesla so let’s take the manufacturers already on the market, Renault and Nissan sell you a “newish” battery for your old leaf with the original range, and let’s say for argument sake it’s 7000 buckaroos. That is 3/4 of what the car is worth on the secondary market. And you’re still stuck with original range. And that is of course assuming that you can buy it without interrogation from Nissan, not to mention installation costs and disposal costs from the original battery. At that price point it will never be worth it. There’s a guy who was interviewed for putting a little over 100k miles on his leaf and then got so much battery degradation that he had to go out and buy a new leaf.

>the Japanese guy just paid spaceX 4billion recently you retard
for whjat?

Teslas are averaging 5-10% degradation for the first 200k miles. There's no 3rd party shops but honestly compared to an ICE you don't even need one.