my aunt asked me for advice to buy a computer

> my aunt asked me for advice to buy a computer
> i tell her that if she wants a fast desktop computer, that i can build it
> ffw 2 weeks

> she bought a fucking 1.700$ MacBook

why do people unironically buy apple products? are you retarded?

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f (1).jpg (443x550, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brew.sh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nobody is going to spend 10 minutes learning about computer parts just to use facebook

why are you so upset

did you consider the fact boomers dont want to sit their ass in front of a desktop all day? who the fuck recommends a desktop to non-gaymer normies anyway?

>"oh honey, I went to the Apple store and they said I needed the seven eyes variant of the Macbooks because the cheaper ones could get slow when using Facebook. They also said I don't have worry about viruses as opposed to the Windows."

despite the fact, that i would never use a mac by myself i keep recommending it to my relatives. The simple reason for this is: they will never ever ask for ur help with computer troubles

Btw im a linux fag

Bought my Mac Pro because it had an RX550, 16gb of ram, and a 1920x1200 display for $350. Cost like $30 to upgrade the cpu to a 6 core too. No regrets about being a macfag.

Moron, this is a good thing. It means that when she breaks it you can say "Well, I recommended something else, you went off and bought it, and I don't own or work on macs, so I can't fix anything about it for you". Give this answer whenever she asks for any help with anything of any kind related to computers.

>clean uncle's shitty laptop that he fucked up downloading and running hotgirlsvideo.exe
>6 months later he fucks it up again, tells everyone that I'm an idiot and destroyed his laptop when I fixed it
>nobody in the family tries to get free tech support from me any more

Attached: 1509582069639.gif (245x230, 879K)

>WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEE: the post

Attached: 1493837262010.png (363x563, 15K)

You were going to build your mother a laptop?
Madness.

Have you considered that you just creeped her out, so it was worth the premium to make sure she had a computer that you wouldn't want to touch?

If you are going to call people retarded, at least know how to use the capitalize sentences and not be a Reddit spacer. Furthermore, you weren't going to build her a laptop. You should never build someone a PC because that puts liability on you.

People are dumb. Your aunt is probably dumb.

Maybe she wants a functional unix workstation and not just gayming and Jow Forums machine.

Attached: apple_unix_ad.jpg (1976x1202, 401K)

>OS X/macOS
>a functional unix

Macs aren't unix in any meaningful sense of the term, much like Android isn't Linux in any meaningful sense of the term. (writing a check to the Open Group is not meaningful, by the way) They both do the same thing: use the unix-like layer as a substrate on which they layer their own garbage UI and applications. They try very hard to keep you in those applications so you don't see any of the actual components underneath.

Your aunt is obviously the smart one of the family for not taking advice from an autist like yourself with rage issues

Also Windows is boomer poison; just leave her be

>i can build it
people who think they're "building" PCs by ordering parts and plugging them in are brainlets

>buy broken Mac from Facebook Marketplace
>fix it
>tell it you got it for full price and pocket the money
You're the one who's retarded. Everyone wants a Mac.

Attached: 1498014780524.png (657x527, 28K)

>seven eyes
My sides.

brew.sh/

The Apple-included tools are ass but there's enough of a base there to get a proper Unix environment working in a terminal.

this unironically triggers me

It's POSIX and it has all of the tools BSD does, that means all of the standard Unix utilities. You can build most Linux programs too, there is even X11.

Android is nothing like that.

it is you fault
why did you wait?

Why even pay 1700$ for something you aren't going to use regularly?