There is literally no need for the ground wire

Attached: 1533942997380.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5486273/Perth-family-electrocuted-girl-given-new-car-charity-No-Limits.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t. brazilian

Attached: 1515238434636.jpg (1171x936, 87K)

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5486273/Perth-family-electrocuted-girl-given-new-car-charity-No-Limits.html

>240hz
not even once

That's not actually true, but for most of your home appliances it is true.

volts you mean
and that link was an open circuit neutral fault within the internal wiring, I don't think an earth would fix it.

But us Australians (and Kiwis) can deal with 240v because
- mandatory RCDs
- mandatory circuit breaker on the switch
- proper safety standards with electrical licencing and product safety

we also need 240v for shit like kettles, but the earth wire is important if the neutral is broken and a metal appliance is faulty. Most faults will be picked up by the RCD anyway.

>declared braindead
>everyone involved and all the commenters going on about god and miracles
why do people cling to false hope? It's just going to make the pain last longer.

>who cares if children get electrocuted, we need our kettles to heat up water faster!
fucking tea drinkers

npcs can not into logic

>Posting dailymail articles anywhere ever for any reason.
kek

yeah, switching her off would have been the better option.

Anyway, they're in for a fucktonne of damages. they were living in state housing and are in the process of suing the government for negligence.

Personally, I suspect that the reason that British outlets all have to have an on/off switch on the outlet is derived from the days of gas-jets, where you have to be sure nothing leaks out once the appliance is disconnected.

Additionally, could someone explain the reasoning behind the rounded outlets that are only allowed to be used by lamps?

>>who cares if children get electrocuted
110V won't stop children getting electrocuted, you absolute muppet.
Yes, 240V is more dangerous, just be more responsible instead.

So is the USA the only nation that can into Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters; where the moment any power leaks to a sink besides the normal return line, power is cut off?

you call it child safety, I call it interference with evolution

because brain death is a myth made up by 90 yo money-loaded crooks so they can get their fifth heart transplant.

>120
lmao seething voltlets
when will they learn

there is literally no need for electricity

one you go 3 phase you will never go back

No, they are common almost everywhere. But GFCIs and protective grounding protect against different sort of dangers, so they do not replace each other.

no one noticed which anime the pic came from, i am of disappoint

>Additionally, could someone explain the reasoning behind the rounded outlets that are only allowed to be used by lamps?
Probably because the wiring used for lights isn't rated for as high a current as wiring for outlets intended for other appliances.

>he thinks he would be safe if he got zapped by a 120V outlet
Americans

To be fair, tea is more important than children. You aren't a real Aussie if you don't have a cuppa on every break.

It's irrelevant to the topic you fucking mongoloid.

Everybody on Earth. We just call them "breakers" though, because we aren't dumb animals hiding it behind pretentiousness.

so long as you dont have some kind of preexisting medical condition, you probably are not going to have any harm from touching 120. i've done it, it feels weird and you can't let go instantly but it didn't ki-

Breakers are different than GFCI; they handle different safety requirements.

240 is fine too, you won't die from that.
t. got zapped by 240v plenty of times

Fewer children get electrocuted here than get shot in the US, and everyone who says "well maybe we could do something about gun control" gets shouted down.

Not in the vernacular they're not. Anybody on earth says "breakers" (apart from Amerimutts, of course), we know it's almost certainly full RCD. "Breaker" as in purely "a resettable fuse" is a mid-20th century thing.

Depends on the circumstances. A brief zap, with the current not going across the heart, you're probably fine. Brief zap, current going across the heart, you might survive. Prolonged electrocution, current going across the heart, you're probably fucked.

I did, but it was a big honkin' 32A power circuit and we didn't have breakers at the time.

240V 32A, fuck me. Where was this, a factory?

Truck yard.

OY BIN THAT KNOIFE

>Anybody on earth says "breakers" (apart from Amerimutts, of course), we know it's almost certainly full RCD.
No.
The only people on Earth who refer to RCD as breakers are people who just call whatever is in the box a breaker, aka people who know nothing about it.

GFCI/RCD are not breakers, and breakers are not reset-able fuses.
If you know better, don't even encourage the use of incorrect terminology.

I've touched 220, so what? If you cant let go instantly you were touching it wrong, btw.

220 AC is nothing.

220 DC will fuck you up.

it literally says there she was switched off but still lives

SHALL

I've stuck my finger in a 110V lamp socket before. Shit hurts a lot. Don't do it.

Does your constitution guarantee you the right to half-ass your electrics?

MILITIA

>there is literally no need for the ground wire
What's your argument for that though?
I have my PC case grounded with an individual copper wire that goes into the ground with a copper pole.
When I disconnect it, the speakers behind the amp that's connected to the PC start making a lot more noise/hum. So why should I not use it?

Attached: 1547844989175.png (233x311, 28K)

Both 120V and 240V are just as bad, one has more amperage, the other more voltage. Both kill easily.

>>declared braindead
>implying there is a consistent definition for this
go looking for your organs elsewhere vulture

M'lady.

I live in a country with 240V line, somehow I survived my childhood.
I don't know how it is with you voltagelets, but kids here are not retarded enough to stick forks in power sockets.

Edgy but I agree

I actually have gotten shocked by 240V several times as a kid, mostly because my own stupidity against safety measures
It tickles, rarely fatal unless you actually have a direct path for the power to flow, like from your hands to legs or between the hands themselves, i.e. two forks in the power socket or one fork barefoot while outside on grass
Otherwise you just become live but don't really have anything for the current to flow, meaning you only feel the slight tickle of the current that gets discharged into the air

how many watts can you put into the earth before it starts complaining?

At least the mother has 6 other children

Attached: 1449301132983.jpg (567x699, 87K)

>there is literally no ground for safety

all of them