What does Jow Forums think about pic-related?

What does Jow Forums think about pic-related?
I use it for C, C++, C# (unity scripts), some Java and Python too.

Attached: 2017_10_24_blueicon.png (231x133, 12K)

It's awesome for Go as well

pretty good actually. basically build your own IDE without the bloat of most IDEs.

for some reason i can't remember i switched from it back to visual studio multiple times yet it does everything i use VS for

sublime is better

OP here. Why so? I'm genuinely curious, I haven't given sublime a shot.

only thing i like about sublime is how lightweight it is. other than that, it's shit

Botnet. Use vscodium.

Oh well, I have a decently specced PC and an SSD so I won't bother with it I guess.
I started out with Visual Studio, back then I had an old dusty laptop, and it sucked.
This is the best thing Microsoft has ever created.

The references popup above every field class and method gets annoying especially when it changes your view

Just use vim. it has everything you need OOTB

You can change how the references appear

I use it for (mostly) python, go, yaml, and its pretty good. but for some reason, I prefer emacs/vim.

trips of truth
this, there are better proprietary editors on the market, see UltraEdit and 101editor

>his text editor is a web browser

Quite nice. It's comfy, theme-ing is perfect, no actual delay at runtime, and very easy to use.

It's great for actually accomplishing things as opposed to spending all day configuring vim and producing nothing useful.

I use it for C++ and occasionally for Python. It is a very very good text editor.

One flaw: C++ Intellisense is crap

i'm personally not a fan since a pretty big priority of an editor for me is being lightweight, it's nice to be able to edit shit over ssh for instance. i use joe since the flow of it just clicks with me better i guess, it's just as easy as nano except actually useful and customizable

i also kinda have a natural aversion to shit made with electron, it's not even about it being thicc or heavy it's just that electron apps blatantly feel like electron apps and the UI almost always feels like shit to use, when your program feels foreign to the rest of what i have installed you're doing something wrong. i want to like it but i can't get over how clunky the UI feels. anybody wanna recommend something similar that's native at least?

i don't think that makes vscode better it just makes vim worse, the reason i don't like vim is because of the amount of shit you have to do out of the box to make it decent. with joe what i do from a fresh install is add in my own syntax highlighting and add keybinds for ctrl+left/ctrl+right, takes

Thanks, I didn't know this existed. I refused to use vscode because I don't have enough ram to compile it myself without the telemetry.

What other ide's have the integrated terminal that vscode has?

That's why i use it

What exactly you configure so much on vim? I'm honestly curious.
I use vim for 4 years now and my vimrc file is 10 lines plus vundle configurations to install surround, a few syntax highlights, fugitive and undotree.
I used to have a few vimscripts to quicky write classes and some other boilerplate mapped to keyboard, but I got rid of them.

USE EMACS

Attached: 1544885099472.png (1920x1080, 412K)

>hurr durr, use as much over complicated garbage as possible so you're not productive

Attached: 1542843858291s.jpg (125x109, 2K)

I love it but I only use the FOSS version built by myself from source with their special "metrics" requests that run on build commented out. Meet Code - OSS.

Attached: com.visualstudio.code.oss.png (128x128, 1K)

Emacs is a good OS but it really lacks a good text editor

Just program HolyC directly in the repl nerd

>slow as fuck
>eats up RAM I'd rather use for the programs I write, not the programs I use to write programs
>does nothing that Kate can't do
it's shit.

Kek

what's the benefit of using this over a text editor and terminal? I've never tried it, but all I do is basically Python and BASH scripts

It's really nice
I switched to Atom because it has a better TernJs plug-in

Intellisense (works pretty well with C#), support for multiple languages, snippets and other crap.

>he think's I need linux to use nano

Attached: Untitled.png (877x402, 40K)

>slow
Get a computer that isn't from 2006 user

Legit the best IDE, too bad Microsoft owns it (same thing for `Typescript`)

someone should make a branch out of these and make it community based or something~.

Here is my position, having and continuing to use both Sublime Text and Visual Studio Code for many years:

>ST is fantastical for performing text manipulation hackery in single file instances. The multiline capabilities and the gigantic ecosystem of text automation plugins that has accumulated over the years make it ideal for dealing with large-scale manipulation/formatting in single documents. When it comes to dealing with multiple documents... RIP. Hence my 2nd tool:

>Visual Studio Code is my instant go-to for anything web development. If I need to work on a website, I just open the wwwroot in explorer, right click and say "Open in Code". Boom. It instantly picks up the git context, just the right amount of syntax highlight, etc. It really is the goldilocks IDE when dealing with HTML+CSS+JS.

The secret hitler of the group would be Visual Studio proper if you actually use god's intended programming languages (C/C++/C#/F#). If i want to do anything such as "Go To Reference", or expect breakpoints/syntax highlighting/in-code inspection/etc to work properly, I just resort to using this. Re-building C# IDE feature sets in VSC is odious at best when you can just install the best goddamn IDE ever created for the purpose for free as well.

>community based or something
kek. everything that is community based is shit. we need big companies to do stuff that is actually good.

Emacs>>>>

literally this.

I think about using it, but I fear it might have some telemetry. Anyone know if it's true?

Really tried to use emacs for 6 months.
Learned how to use it, even emacs lisp. Tried the thousands of tools you need to install so you can start programming.
Only to find out it is abosolute garbage and a waste of time.

Yes, it does.
Use vscodium instead.

I did that with vim. absolute waste of time