Redpill me on Emacs Orgmode

And why I should use this over Latex for writing papers

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (200x217, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ehneilsen.net/notebook/orgExamples/org-examples.html
doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install Source Mage GNU Linux

Attached: 1500813587287.png (337x386, 210K)

I've been a full time emacs user for ~7 years.

orgmode is fucking great.

Latex is fucking cancer, avoid it. Use LibreOffice (not being ironic).

orgmode is the only good part about emacs.

This.

> Latex is fucking cancer, avoid it
B-but why

I use orgmode, but not emacs.
Yes it has to run inside emacs but i don't know most of the commands and wont even bother to learn them and for the orgmode, its fine but now that my org files are relatively big i have a hard time finding what i want and usually end up googling it.
I think the ultimate note manager should be specialized and have proper search engine with indexes and web version to share it with others, you can do all that with emacs but its clumsy, uncomfortable and requires maintenance.

That said, the superior method of note taking should always be plain text or compressed files with plain text formats inside, never ever ever json, meme bin, xml...

you might like vimwiki / mediawiki using rmarkdown. you can index shit and have a wikipedia of your knowledge not unlike arch wiki including a master index accessible within vim itself. very cool stuff but you probably tried it assuming you've decided to use org mode

based wizard

I'm taking the org mode pill right now.
Using it to manage my config, my bibtex, as well as a "notebook" that's like a local blog
I am also tring to get around org mode as a jupyter notebook replacement but is is not as convenient especially with inline figures.
Also trying to adopt org agenda. I can see myself using it for work, maybe, but I still prefer "simple calendar" on my phone, especially considering it exports to ics, whereas org mode can't easily integrate with my smartphone.
I will keep on using gnucash for finances.
maybe eventually do my emails in it but thunderbird just werks so I'll keep using it.

im not sure about that, i have custom todo tags and it also supports a progress preview, and then you have those header variables.

it's the very definition of bloat

If you already know LaTeX, you can use orgmode to write and export to tex/pdf.

the only reason I left vim and I am using a Frankenstein monster with evil mode + custom keybinds + default org mode keybinds.

it's worth it

Sounds good! I'll just type that math exam in libreoffice instead! No, wait a minute. That's retarded!

Attached: 1542918253828.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

I really don't understand do what these fancy editors and org mode add. I don't get it you spend a bunch of time learning it and it's maybe a marginal improvement at best .

Nobody even knows what this means anymore

Latex isn't even an overlap with orgmode. What the fuck is this thread

its better than a dumb txt file.
I switched to org because my old meme tool for note taking made in JavaScript glitched out duplicating a process to null and deleted the whole binary database, tried to recover it from a backup but because the shit was so obfuscated i just ended up losing all those notes.

How is it better ? And how does what you said have anything to do with anything aside from showing you had a flaw in a program you made

where i said that i made a note taking program?
I actually don't give a shit about your conclusions, figure it out your self

Is there something similar to org-mode for Vim?

Why are you so defensive ?

ehneilsen.net/notebook/orgExamples/org-examples.html
doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

>i don't give a shit
>defending something
ok

Source mage, or as I've been calling it recently, Gentoo+cringe

Dude be self aware here

I use Evernote