Your password cannot exceed x characters

>your password cannot exceed x characters

Attached: 1543807852606.jpg (306x306, 20K)

>your password must contain at least one number, one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one special character

Attached: 1547520772522.jpg (418x420, 24K)

>exceed limit
>password get trimmed silently

P@ssw0rd

You must change your password every two weeks. Your password will expire in 1 day, please create a new one. The new password must not contain letters, characters or numbers from the old password.
I swear the amount of lost time in the workforce due to forgetting the forced passwords must be staggering.

I actually quit a job for doing this and told them that was why.

I was living with my parents so I didn't really need the money.

ran into this the other day. fuck I was pulling my hair trying to login

This is a fucking nightmare fuel wtf

I used to work at a place where we had to use a shared terminal for one task over three shifts that had the two week rule. Without fucking fail, everyday, each shift would try to log in, fuck it up, get locked out, and have to create a help desk request (in another fucking country) to unlock it and get a new random password. This would take half an hour to an hour to go through. No cunt every wrote down the new passwords or they got lost scribbled over. A true fucking nightmare. Thank Christ I left there.

>your new password is too similar to your old password
>your new password shouldn't contain your name location or phone number
>your new password shouldn't contain commercial brand names
>your new password is already in use by someone else

>sends your password plain text via email

Would alternating 2 different passwords work? Nice trips btw

So you're telling its ok to allow users enter arbitrary large text string? Ok.

Usually yes, that's what I used to do.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

>use a strong password that takes 3 minutes to type
>the site you use it on gets hacked because it has shit security

>you need a phone number

Attached: 1yme5ma7bwk111.png (656x755, 42K)

>your professional cockli email is not acceptable

Attached: 251333.jpg (210x295, 10K)

Some places remember your last X passwords and don't let you use any of those. X varies but I saw a place where it was 10. There's also places that have some kind of check to see how similar it is to your last password. This fuckery endures in some places despite it being a dead giveaway that whatever back-end server you're signing in to stores passwords in plain text instead of as a salted hash.

this, there's so many fucking sites that won't let you use cock.li emails for some reason

there should be a limit, but it shouldn't be 8.

Attached: hacking characters.jpg (1200x905, 102K)

>create password with characters that aren't allowed (without the site telling you that certain characters are blacklisted)
>password get trimmed silently

Attached: 1547960295605.jpg (322x504, 35K)

Really? What sites have you had issues with? Maybe because cock.li is more popular than the other domains, but I have never had a problem with @cumallover.me, and I use it for anything throwaway.

Christ, I've never seen this before.

>password is already in use by user xx

>buy a book from big dick national website
>they create an account for me without my consent and send me the weakest fucking 5 character password in plaintext via email

Bonnier Publications can suck my dick. Stopped buying anything from their hundreds of acquired websites immediately

That is scary bad.
>Google it
>pic related
Holy shit, how is this allowed?

Attached: india.png (545x194, 12K)

Steam does this but only sometimes

If you find yourself wondering why you keep accidentally typing your password wrong almost every time despite just using copy paste, it's because they trimmed it to 20

>"password should mandatorily contain"
not only is "mandatorily" not a word, but how can you say "should" and "mandatory" at the same time? you should should, or you must, is it mandatory or not?
>... atleast [sic] ... special character
ok
>recommended ... not to use hacking characters
so it's mandatory (maybe) to use special characters (but not hacking characters)?
>minimum of 8 and a maximum of 9 characters
at least it's not anything impor--
>State Bank of India
a fucking BANK.

Attached: 1532159551486.jpg (857x1200, 101K)

>you should should
you either* should

>copy password in
>password incorrect
>Mom! They silently rejected my high ASCII characters again!

The fact that any application or website knows that your password is "too similar" to an old one is an immediate red flag that they are doing security wrong.

>your password must contain exactly eight (8) characters
Bank pls y u do dis

this is true
can't compare similarity if you're only storing hashes, which you should be doing

>Your password cannot contain spaces

Yes, because it gets hashed. Sure there's a request size limit of 1mb or otherwise no limit.