Ms is dead again. it's even more dead than you think

"hey its me and ive finally killed any and all good products and initiatives of the past years"
>windows mobile is over
hmmm
>without mobile, microsoft store is just desktops and Xbox One (lmao) now
hmmmm
>and edge extensions, which will all be dead when edge switches to Blink
hmmmmmm
>no mobile, no shared code, no crossplatform, what, you think they're going to make apps exclusively for windows 10 desktops? pfft
>UWP is effectively dead. what's the point in making UWP apps when it's literally just w10 desktops, just write native or make it in electron. Electron it is.
>we're definitely aren't going to get any more apps on microsoft store
>app porting initiatives failed, all that ported code is now useless, once again nu-ms shows utter disrespect for developers and lack of any dependability
>microsoft store is already pretty much dead as it is, and this is the final message: leave the platform
really makes you think
>store still features movies, tv and books
Remember when Microsoft killed Groove? Ain't that just crazy, huh. Maybe they'll actually launch another music service before the whole thing crumbles.
>b-but mixed reality and hololens have apps on microsoft store too
Yeah, that thing really went nowhere.
>b-but games
Not even buying games on Steam would be as cucked as this.
>Cortana is on her way out
>decoupled from search
>reduced to a skill for other assistants
>fades into obscurity
Your waifu is now dead.
tl;dr RIP microsoft!

Attached: GettyImages-626739004.jpg (770x400, 30K)

What's left?
>windows 10
If you havent caught on what's going on here since test buils i dont know what to say to you. Day one, hell, since day zero and to this day we're still hearing wailing of privacy nuts non-stop.
As a system, it tried to defy everything that 8 used to do, and that coincidentally meant having good design. Like, being good about your privacy and shit was a part of it's core ideas back then.
>office
They really want to kill it, and somehow make everyone use the new apps, which sounds weird now that the uwp is dead. They're trying that with OneNote, discontinuing it's classic app. Couple more years down the road, you really won't be that surprised to discover it's all iPad apps now.
That really seems and screams like it's the Microsoft strategy now, kill all their platforms, turn themselves into an app. (Lose people, they leave, they delete your app, boom, your business is over)
>skype
Caught in the cycle of Alienating fanbase - People leave - Try something "new and fresh!" to "recapture" them! over and over again, until everyone fucking leaves this bullshit. They also killed their classic app, so that helps too
>xbox
Well. If it managed to survive on Forzas and Halos for so many years, I honestly don't see why it wouldn't stay for a few years more.
>Azure
I legitimately wonder what they could do to kill it. Anyway, switching cloud providers really isn't that hard. Maybe it'll be the hot trend this year! Also, maybe this multi-cloud meme will really catch on, and later on, people will realize how stupid it is and cut some of their extras, and ms will be the one to cut.
>Surface
They annouced uefi core source release. "At least you'll be able to do something about it after we abandon it". I don't know what else is this supposed to say.

MS Surface group actually makes really compelling products and they are working on a lot of interesting new interface products I have heard.

LOL
That is all.

That's the American way. Kill the competition then kill your product.

Microsoft Corp Market Cap:826.81B for Jan. 18, 2019
>High Market Cap company of the world
dead

What if the product is YOU?

As a whole, in the bigger picture, this shit is all really confusing.
>Windows 10 S mode
>ARM initiative
>OneNote switches to UWP
Yet
>Skype actually abandoned UWP app, and is electron now
>Edge never quite was an UWP/Store app, and it'll soon switch to Blink, if it won't just be killed completely
>Mobile is dead, I repeat, mobile is over
>Some UWP experiences never landed, like Explorer, and now increasingly likely will never land
>Apps on Store that aren't even UWP apps but electron repackaged, PWA if you're lucky, or just a fucking native app
>Apps being left abandoned by devs
>Microsoft themselves might start increasingly abandoning their own apps on their own platform because they make them for Android and iOS now, and their own platforms aren't in favor, their own mobile doesn't exist, their mobile experiences don't intersect with desktop, and macos doesn't intersect with windows at all
>Games must be really problematic to ship in UWP form if it's all exclusively freemium garbage out there
>This whole shitshow really doesn't look promising for anyone

You don't really understand business, do you?

>>Cortana is on her way out
>>fades into obscurity
>Your waifu is now dead.
Cortana is from Halo and still exist in Halo. What kind of retard would have waifued her from Windows and not Halo?

/thread

>cut spending on stupid project
huh
could it be, all of their endeavors were failing when they tried to compete, so they stopped spending money on competing and doubled down on their monopoly instead?

wow there buddy, don't make me too excited about the future of windows 10 and win in general

Nah

>Skype is electon now
What? Fucking why?

Multi cloud is a smart strategy to prevent locking in with just one vendor. Look at how extreme oracle is in milking every last penny, and they can do it purely because it's too costly/risky to switch to another provider.

when will Windows switch over to exclusively running on Electron/JS? :^)

windows is still the most used operation system in the world, both private and professional/business. they even grabbed market share from apple in the creative industry. also, ms is one of the top players in cloud computing, infrastructure and government contracts (global), so don't wet the bed because their mobile phones and some consumer apps flopped.

Still no gaming platform better than Windows.

/v/ isnt welcome here, you should know this

I really don't give a fuck.

game in hell, /v/tard

wow there gayming faggot!

Attached: OHFUCK.png (1204x100, 102K)

I wouldn't know what that's like, because I don't use Linux.

windows mobile was always shit, get over it nerd.

That sounds amazing.

>Windows on home gayming desktop
>mint mate on work laptop
Is this the most redpilled setup known to man?

No point in using Linux as a host OS now that Windows has Linux built in.

Attached: store.png (1593x1060, 310K)

>Microsoft bad
Lole

Attached: Screenshot_20190120-150959__01.jpg (1080x881, 72K)

/thread

>>Azure
>I legitimately wonder what they could do to kill it. Anyway, switching cloud providers really isn't that hard. Maybe it'll be the hot trend this year! Also, maybe this multi-cloud meme will really catch on, and later on, people will realize how stupid it is and cut some of their extras, and ms will be the one to cut.
Oh ok, so you're a dumbass kid

Nah that adds extra complications instead of just using the tools on native linux, plus linux just feels very smooth and snappy.

95% of desktops run it. Far from dead.

How can freetards ever recover?

Attached: d1.jpg (1031x785, 142K)

Enjoy your I/O bottleneck and shitty CPU scheduler

>insult with no explanation
just trust me bro

Oh no, my Sqlite statement takes 0.5 seconds to run instead of 0.1! Better install a whole new operating system that does half the things I need! Or better yet, dual boot! Which eats up half my hard drive. Now I can save 10 seconds per year on I/O operations while wasting hours per month dealing with dual boot or a shitty OS.

>Which eats up half my hard drive
spotted the retard

The term "Hard drive" refers to either an SSD or HDD.

No that wasn't my point, instead of just opening the terminal and start doing your stuff you have an extra layer that you have to worry about if you use bash on windows.

>windows programs run FASTER on linux than they do on windows!
>you have to worry about another layer with WSL
Pick one, and only one.

t. angry Wincuck söyboy

>playing dumb

What's your take?
*shrinks*
>everything consumer is stupid
says who, consumer shit the company
Oh yeah, cut that spending senpai
>windows, switched to 'as a service' without pricing system to match, no one actually buys it but just gets it for free on new devices, no major release ahead that could even possibly make it appealing enough to actually buy it full price
>office aggressively pushing subscription. "ill just make a google doc"
Or should I've said, Xbox the company
Cut the spending, make your product even less appealing than it is. It really shows, it really works. Just check out of whole business segment completely. Thriving industries my ass, we have servers and powerpoints to do here

What do you mean "extra layer" I have to worry about? I just type commands and they work.

If you think the whole issue with using the linux subsystem is just "it's a little slower" then you have no idea how it works and why it doens't work for most things you'd want a native install of linux for.

They hated him because he spoke the truth.

I rather deal with slight inconsistencies with having a Linux subsystem than deal with major inconsistencies with working with Windows programs in Linux, or the inferior Linux alternatives.

Compatibility mainly, for example networking tools didn't work when I tried it out like a year ago.
Using the tools directly on the system it was meant for is just smoother.

Your /v/tard cluelessness is showing

So can we agree it depends on what applications/tools your job requires?

So it's exactly like Wine?

Any worthwhile job will have tools that work fine in Windows.

This. Further, any FOSS worth having has a Windows port.

write once run everywhere

cringe response in desperation

>windows is no gaming platform
fixed it for you
>nintendo
>even playstation actually has games
> their monopoly instead
their what
it is truly amazing what an insurmountable legacy they have with desktop apps
>monopoly on legacy EOL abandonware
Wow.

its amazing how consistently Jow Forums has the worst takes on this website

>cringe
You need to go back

>if i say it for the trillionth time it might become true
Protip: ideological fantasy rarely manifests as reality, no matter how delusional and autistic you are.

Sysadmin work on a windows machine is gay

>UWP is dead
good riddance nobody used that shit.
hope they will also ditch microsoft store

>not adjusted for inflation

Attached: 1544331238734.jpg (151x233, 11K)

Azure is killing amazon though

Even if it'd be true I couldn't care less lol
Kill Tim Cook though, he be a fucking psychopath staring us all in the eyes while sinking the Apple ship. They won't get away with their current strategies in the 2020s.
The only problem emerging from MS going down, is that they could drag Linux down with them as well.

Since inflation is nearly zero (great to live in a undeclared recession), it looks pretty much the same corrected for that.
You either knew this, and this is a shit troll, or you're stupid enough not to know this. I don't know which is more pitiful.

Attached: 1527700571910.jpg (500x500, 38K)

you mean, ideological fantasies like market cap, stock value, monopoly, forecasts and roadmaps, and believing that there's a future with this one?
Let's say people are slow but businesses are glacial, so there's still money in there

>OS with cloud services meme finally died
>in other news, the sun is hot

>>windows is no gaming platform
>fixed it for you
>>nintendo
>>even playstation actually has games

Statistically false.

Attached: pc gaming wins every year.png (1150x496, 54K)

Plenty of people are living the high life on those "fantasies", user.
Whereas every autistic loser parroting -like claims are still living in their mom's basement.
So there's quite a difference.

yeah nah they have enterprise

>highlighted number actually decreases

>70.6 to 72.3
>decrease
This is why everybody points and laughs at you, user.

Attached: 1186260538929.jpg (238x238, 28K)

You're right, but also fuck you.
>if i say it for the trillionth time it might become true
Sometimes it works quite literally like that.
>we believe in our commitment with enterprise and will continue our partnerships with our business customers

>You're right, but also fuck you
Don't ever change Jow Forums.

4channel*