Scientific Linux

Scientific Linux is a RedHat Enterprise Linux rebuild sponsored by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory.

scientificlinux.org/

Attached: Scientific_Linux_logo.png (400x455, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Certification_Program
epics.anl.gov/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPICS
latticesemi.com/latticediamond
latticesemi.com/-/media/LatticeSemi/Videos/InternalVideos/Products/Diamond/Lattice-Diamond-Overview-MP4.ashx?la=en
youtube.com/watch?v=ZN239G6aJZo
github.com/ghdl/ghdl
gtkwave.sourceforge.net/
subgenius.com/
rtems.org/
beagleboard.net/black
devel.rtems.org/wiki/Boards/Beagle Board
github.com/ketul93/RTEMS-on-BBB/tree/master/Gettin-Started
ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7x/contexts/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qt9MP70ODNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Customize SL For Your Site

Did you know the Scientific Linux Context Framework is designed to scale from smaller projects to collaborations? Through leveraging package repos and groups, specific tools and configurations can be provided in parallel with any on-site systems management procedures or the packages can be used as a payload by those tools.

Since SL is a rebuild of RHEL, do the Red Hat Certifications apply to SL?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Certification_Program

Absolutely! Learning to administer your home computers could help your career.

Does anyone here use EPICS (the Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System) to monitor and automate their living space and other projects?

epics.anl.gov/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPICS

Attached: EPICS-logo_659x595.png (659x595, 4K)

>no SPARC support
garbage

Are there any good CAD tools for FPGA development available for RHEL/SL?

Almost all physics professors I know use macbooks. You also don't need a "scientific linux distro" to do scientific computation. You can pretty much install all the python and C++ packages/libraries you need on Ubuntu.

t. physics major

>larping on Jow Forums?
fucking WHY

>anl
>not a trainwreck.

Choose one.

Lattice Semiconductor offers a free version of their Diamond FPGA development software. It runs on Windows and RHEL (including SL).

latticesemi.com/latticediamond

latticesemi.com/-/media/LatticeSemi/Videos/InternalVideos/Products/Diamond/Lattice-Diamond-Overview-MP4.ashx?la=en

>You also don't need a "scientific linux distro" to do scientific computation.
An "Enterprise Linux" distro isn't required to install enterprise software. But RHEL is a reasonably stable and secure foundation on which to work and build. The SL distro makes a free RHEL available to the national laboratory and university communities, as well as everyone else.

m8 you didn't really think that anyone would use something like SL on their PERSONAL computer, did you?
And just to be clear: Every Physics/Math researcher that actually needs HPC stuff for their research uses any unix-like OS on whatever machine that can run A FUCKING TERMINAL Jesus Christ.

t. Math PhD

>using some pleb consumer shit for for your personal computer
typical number nigger, go play with your imaginary numbers you academic

t. Engineering undergrad

Yeah yeah I get it, Pi is 3 and everything else is either linear or syntax error.

What is the agenda of those who currently occupy Jow Forums?

This thread mentions the "Russian Internet Research Agency" and "stormfront". My impression is that Jow Forums is occupied by know-nothing, layabout hooligans, probably from some degenerate backwater like England or Australia. For this to happen, the Jow Forums moderator probably facilitates. My guess is the Jow Forums moderator is a thug-class person steeped in barroom brawler culture who has gathered a little gang of minions. I don't think they have any purpose other than to hold what they imagine to be their territory - Jow Forums.

>irrational numbers are imaginary
user I...

irrational numbers are a failure of the syntax, imaginary numbers are the study of purely manmade anomalies, the breaking of the syntax on purpose.

You shitheads are like sub120iq stemniggers trying to say 1 = .99999999~
because they think 1/3 can be logically quantified as an infinate decimal

Attached: 1527329019416.png (498x730, 555K)

>Hey, this isn't where I parked my car.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZN239G6aJZo

Attached: Manchester United Hooligans Pub.jpg (480x360, 16K)

All physics professors I know use linux with the exception of one or two.

t. physics undergrad

>t. never studied math
imaginary numbers are the result of adding roots to all polynomials and getting an algebraically closed field, not your pihlosobabble bullshit about how people choose to represent numbers

>decimals
>has no idea that decimal representation is defined formally in math

This thread is hilarious.

t. social media marketing grad

New to VHDL? Start here - ...and the FOSS VHDL simulator is quite good:
github.com/ghdl/ghdl
gtkwave.sourceforge.net/

based and redpilled

>imaginary numbers are the result of adding roots to all polynomials and getting an algebraically closed field,
Lmao, get a load of this 'math nigger'. Imaginary numbers are simply the generalization of real number systems because once some lonely faggot discovered that sqrt(-1) means his maths and his job would stop forever.

What is the native language of your homeland?

t. butthurt 'maths phd'
lmao, how is your abstract girlfriend doing my nigger

>Scientific Linux
Slackware

Is ghetto English the only language you speak?

subgenius.com/

Attached: Bob-Dobbs.jpg (630x630, 93K)

just use it, retard
all the world is just illusion

S E E T H I N G
Of course I use it ever fucking day. My point was that when people encountered sqrt(-1), they thought maths ends right here. Then some wise faggots pushed that by assuming sqrt(-1) equals something and continuing with that something. And that thing made everything simpler. Cauchy residue theorem comes to mind as first example, where long integrals can be solved in few lines. Ive left academia long ago so I forgot much of it tho

>My point was that when people encountered sqrt(-1)
the geneus, subgeneus like you suppost to use it

You don't actually know what's going on, do you?

Attached: whack-a-mole.jpg (487x365, 41K)

Why? Am I supposed to type square root of negative numbers?

yes

Is there an inexpensive Lattice FPGA development board that would be adequate as an EPICS sensor/control node?

EPICS controllers typically run on RTEMS - rtems.org/

Attached: rtems_logo.jpg (296x161, 14K)

Will RTEMS+EPICS run on a Raspberry Pi or a BeagleBoard?

>m8 you didn't really think that anyone would use something like SL on their PERSONAL computer, did you?
What is Fedora?

I run SL-7.6 on a laptop. It's lean, stable and secure.

Attached: Dell_Latitude_E6440.jpg (350x350, 18K)

It looks like it but I haven't tried it.

beagleboard.net/black
devel.rtems.org/wiki/Boards/Beagle Board
github.com/ketul93/RTEMS-on-BBB/tree/master/Gettin-Started

Attached: BeagleBone Black.jpg (390x577, 108K)

So this capability is like a roll-your-own meta-distro?

Understanding the Scientific Linux Context Framework
ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7x/contexts/

Is there a Lattice FPGA development board that will connect to the BeagleBone Black?

All the professors that actually do heavy computation use Linux at my uni. Many of them also have macbooks, but that's just because they get them for free.

that's cool

Attached: 1548015308723.jpg (1000x1506, 482K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Qt9MP70ODNw