I cringe so hard when I see other programmers using these kinds of keyboards

I cringe so hard when I see other programmers using these kinds of keyboards.
>muh type sounds
>muh type feeling

Just use a modern softer keyboard. I type 5 times faster on one. And honestly, its quite satisfying.
Of course, you should do a little research on one to fit your needs. Way better for work.
Unless your a Boomer nostalgic fag, anybody would look stupid typing with these.

Attached: cqWFni3.jpg (800x452, 40K)

would anyone care if they new you were judging them? are you like a really good programmer or something and carry your team? or do you just like bitch about your coworkers on the internet like a faggot

Mechanical keyboards are better than rubber domes.

BUT

The Model M is highly overrated. Cherry switches are better.

>you should do a little research on one to fit your needs
"But this one fits my needs."

>better

whether or not the end user likes mechanical or rubber dome is up to them,and is personal prefrence. i prefer mecha-membranes over rubber domes and mechanicals

>mecha-membranes

isn't that more of a gaymen keyboard?

probably but it was cheap and it feels nice

>waaah stop liking what I don't like
Fuck off, snowflake.

i use a keyboard that looks somewhat like that. i think it is some kind of topre, really too lazy to look it up but it feels pretty good and isn't loud

This is beyond petty. What difference does it make to you what tools others prefer.

Well what difference does it make to use a mechanical keyboard then to use a more modern softer one?

OP is a zoomer who can't afford a decent mechanical keyboard. Thus, he takes his butthurt out on Jow Forums

Attached: BRGmy4s.jpg (4640x2610, 2.75M)

Do you not understand subjectivity? Ask the subject why they prefer it. It's their choice, not mine or yours.
It may not even be the switches of the board but instead the layout or design.
There is no logic to preference.
What is your favorite color. Why do you preffer the feeling of silk over polyester? Why do you like black girls?

other people have to listen to your loud clacking

As opposed to other keyboards. As opposed to other office noise. What are you, up their ass? If you have a problem with it, talk to them, not us.

>hey I know we're cubical partners and all but like can you keep it down? I'm trying to complain on Jow Forums instead of typing something myself.

Understood. But mechanical keyboards are from the 80's dude. Maybe even before that idk.

mechanical keyboards are twice as loud

What does age have to do with anything at all. Does it do the task? Does the user like it? If so, why not use it if you prefer it?
I especially don't want to hear this argument from programmers since we're using technologies and constructs designed in the 60's every single day.

You can't make generalizations like that at all.
Even if you want to make the argument "a specific switch is louder", that's still bullshit because I type loud as fuck on a membrane keyboard. The membrane certainly doesn't make much noise but the combination of my excessively hard typing style coupled with the keycaps themselves are much louder than most people I work with.
It's going to depend not on a switch to switch basis, not on a board to board basis, but a person to person basis.
Some mechanical switches don't even force you to depress the entire way being basically silent if you can type that way.

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

no. the apple extended keyboard is better (alps)

Typing faster is mostly useless for programmers.
You really aren't "keyboard-bound" aside from a few rare cases. Figuring out what and how to do the thing and testing will take most of your time.

Attached: 1548043721895.png (645x729, 24K)

Imagine knowing and caring this much about keyboards

I don't have to imagine it. I've been using keyboards since I was 6 and I use one daily for work and recreation. Of course I'm going to know about them. It pays the bills. I'm not about to be one of those retards wearing those wrist gauntlets.

would you rather buy a brand new 1987 Mercedes benz or a used 2018 Mercedes benz?

1987 benz. new cars are botnetted to the max.

>I'm not about to be one of those retards wearing those wrist gauntlets.
yeah I'm sure your mechanical keyboard is going to make a difference

>deferring to an analogy
Cars are not keyboards. And your argument falls apart anyway since a lot of people prefer older cars.
If you want to actually discuss it, stay on topic.

I don't use a mechanical keyboard. The most important thing is the wrist wrest design and orientation of the keys. Why even make that assumption? Yeah maybe technically cherry reds are best for the joints in your fingers but it's negligible compared to every other aspect's disparities.

mechanical keyboards are not comfy at all. They are very boring looking and I get a 'office type' vibe using them(which i dont like)

You still have not given me a solid reason why anybody would use a mechanical keyboard over any keyboard made in the fucking 21st century

NEW BAD
OLD GOOD

Attached: 547683654253.png (648x615, 304K)

Why are you treating this like an argument of which I am a defender? I don't even use one myself. This is a subjective topic, if you want to know why AN INDIVIDUAL uses it, you have to ask THEM. See You can't just generalize like this. What "mechanical keyboard", model M's? Cherry boards? Each board is going to have its own unique advantages and disavantages that pertain to someones interest. Maybe they like the tacticle feedback on switches that offer them so they don't have to bottom out the keys actually making LESS noise. Maybe they use the loud switches because they like the sound.

If I worked next to you I'd prefer to use one just to spite you since you sound like you deserve it.

It's not like they're insisting you use one. Let people use what they want. (I hope this is bait.)

Attached: John_William_Waterhouse-_The_Unwelcome_Companion_-_a_Street_Scene_in_Cairo.jpg (751x916, 123K)

For model M's specifically I know a lot of people buy them because it's the last keyboard you'll have to buy. The old test for keyboards was if you could use it to defend yourself and still have it function. The fact that they are old is to their advantage, they're old but still work. And we're talking about keyboards that have already seen decades of use and will see decades more.

I've had to replace my own membrane keyboard at least 3 times now due to tears.

>I'd prefer to use one just to spite you since you sound like you deserve it.

Maybe this is a subjective topic. Your the one that sounds like a defensive bitch about all of this.

I'm being neutral. The OP is being offensive.
>I don't like this, just use what I like
This is borderline autistic.

I had a mechanical for years then I used a rubber dome at work and realized I got memed. It's like typing on a cloud, and my errors went way down.

>Why do you like black girls?

This has an objective answer, though. They are the sexiest, by far.

Attached: tumblr_p9l45utLtc1ul9uvdo1_1280.jpg (500x625, 85K)

>tfw my desk wobbles at work
>tfw every time I hit the keyboard my desk makes wobbling noise
>tfw everyone in the room has to listen to me preform my desk symphony and they can't do shit

Attached: 1521429340211.png (600x599, 239K)

I cringe at the RSI they're going to suffer.
Enjoy your surgeries.

Attached: microsoft natural elite.jpg (474x291, 37K)

>caring what other people do

>hear user typing at his desk
>start blasting Wobblety Wobble
>manager rovers over

Attached: g - telepresence.png (989x257, 64K)

imagine caring as much as OP does about both keyboards and other peoples preferences concerning them lmao

I used to say the same shit until I bought a mechanical keyboard. They're vastly superior to rubber dome boards. I find that I'm more productive and that I actually look forward to typing. The keys are easier to activate, the board is made of high quality metal and plastic so it doesn't slide around the desk. It's really easy to pull the keys off for cleaning. The only real argument against mechanical keyboards is price, and even then you can get excellent boards for under $100. Start with MX Red switches and thank me later.

This. Can't say I'm a fan of buckling spring switches. They're alright I guess.

ALPS switches are fantastic. The old SGI keyboards that used them were really nice. Matias switches are a modern take on ALPS that improved the design, getting rid of some of the key rattle and giving them more travel. Would recommend.

Attached: 1528385180218.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

I have one like that without the noises that’s just as soft as the ones your talking about.

>I find that I'm more productive and that I actually look forward to typing. The keys are easier to activate, the board is made of high quality metal and plastic so it doesn't slide around the desk. It's really easy to pull the keys off for cleaning.
this remind me of that webm of the old guy listening to headphones and then visibly cringing at the audio quality

>Cherry switches are better.
nah

based duckyposter

Unlike audiophool cable snakes, mechanical keyboards actually make a difference. Buy one and see for yourself.

Attached: 1527554408726.gif (250x194, 47K)

I fucked a sexy ghetto black girl one time, think Nikki Minaj. We were both obviously very curious about each other since she’s only ever been with hood black guys and I only ever been with timid Asian girls. It was fucking wild to say the least but she probably didn’t think so considering my average white penis looks like a baby’s thumb compared to the BBCs she’s had. I would encourage to bang a black girl at least once in your life.

the only difference it makes is in your own head
even if it made you type faster somehow, who does anything where typing speed actually matters?

It's because the keys are easier to press. I would tell you to stop being poor but mechanical keyboards aren't even that expensive. You're just dumb. Buy one and try it.

Attached: 1515072780773.gif (334x183, 159K)

Im forced to use a shitty dell at work
How can anyone defend those is beyond me

I don't have trouble pressing keys, I'm not 120

Imagine the smell

I don't have a problem walking but I prefer to use a car, because it's faster and more comfortable, albeit more expensive. Are cars bad? Should I stop using a car, dumbfuck?

Attached: retarded_Wojak_landing_pad_Pepe_helicopter.jpg (400x421, 17K)

Not really a good analogy, you're comparing two small, insigificant forces to each other, it doesn't matter either way

>I type 5 times faster on one
that's just you dude, don't blame mechs blame yourself. that's like saying you should get a red guitar instead of a purple one because you play better on the red for some reason, but idgaf because purple is my favorite color. redfags BTFO

Attached: Dwm3EbjXgAAVo1e.jpg large.jpg (960x940, 82K)

>comparing two tools which both increase productivity is a bad analogy!

Attached: akm4VQdk_700w_0.jpg (326x294, 17K)

both using analogies about cars

You're pointing this out as if it's some kind of problem.

Attached: 1547056111204.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Unless you're a data entry clerk, they don't increase productivity

I cringe at faggots who obviously just use them as a fashion accessory for photoblogging and virtue signalling on Jow Forums/reddit while acting like it's an absolute requirement to be a "real" programmer or otherwise technically literate person

but I also cringe at faggots who waste catalog space with this kind of petty bullshit that's basically doing the same shit that makes mechanical keycucks so cringy in the first place

if you judge someone to any significant degree based on something as trivial as a keyboard you're an NPC who belongs on facebook with the rest of the morons who define themselves by their consumer accessories

>unless you use it a lot then the tool isn't worth it
This is Jow Forums, where all we fucking do is type.

Attached: 1547320370974.png (223x226, 5K)

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming your typing speed does increase by 1% or whatever, the only place that would matter is a data entry job, and I'm not sure they even exist anymore

It's not just about speed, which you seem to be hung up on. It's about comfort. The keys are easier to press and it feels better. It's like a car with seats vs a car without seats. Which one are you gonna be able to use more efficiently? Tools pay for themselves when you use them frequently. Painters buy the best paints and brushes. Carpenters buy the best chisels. And shitposters buy the best keyboards.

Attached: 1415244213708.jpg (960x540, 102K)

>It's like a car with seats vs a car without seats
no it's more like a bed with 10 sheets on vs a bed with 11 sheets on
Painters by the best paint and brushes because they're analog tools where the quality matters
A keypress on a cheap keyboard is the same as a keypress on an expensive one
You're just a brainwashed consumer

>Cars are not keyboards

3 anons gave analogies about cars in separate conversations

>A keypress on a cheap keyboard is the same as a keypress on an expensive one
No. Absolutely not.

>You're just a brainwashed consumer
Says the guy clinging to inferior shit because he doesn't know any better.

I can't stand when manufacturers put the year that the product was made on the product itself. :\

>No. Absolutely not.
Yeah I agree, your posts look much better coming out of your expensive keyboard than mine

he's really not wrong though. if you're a genuinely good typist switches really just don't matter beyond subjective preference unless they are exceptionally terrible.

your "productivity" is going to be hampered far more by distractions, shitty software and your own thought processes than the subjective comfort levels and overall trendiness of your keyboard's switches that you try to use to rationalize/justify your obsessive consumerism

I have a ThinkPad USB keyboard on my desktop because it was easier for me to type on than the larger option.
It is not identical to my laptop, but close enough. I think it is a good solution.

>typist
What is this, the 1940's?

>this post
what is this, an attempt at an argument?

I agree wholeheartedly. My arguments are excellent and you've been butthurt and BTFO the entire thread. At this point I'm just bullying you. Get a better keyboard, faggot.

No, he's wrong. Better tools give you better results. Even with the audiophool memes the only problem with a lot of that equipment is the price. It's still good audio equipment, just at 10x the price it should be.

This. Whilst I use a mechanical keyboard at work I use pic related at home. The difference in typing speed or accuracy is nonexistent. Yes, I enjoy typing on my mechanical keyboard more, but pic related is really quiet and actually feels nice enough. If you live with a significant other noise IS a disadvantage of a mechanical keyboard.

Attached: 19188423_4814012444.jpg (2000x835, 130K)

>Says the guy clinging to inferior shit because he doesn't know any better.
Dunno about him, but I've got stacks of model Ms/Fs, ADB Alps boards and tons of other mechanicals and I hardly see things this way. They're a little nicer to type on, but not really enough to make me want to cringe out my desk with them, and they have no actual tangible effect on the speed, quality or overall enjoyment of my work. If anything, I actually get more enjoyment out of the HP PS/2 rubber dome I'm using right now because it actually matches the aesthetic of my setup.
But as that post said, in reality they just don't. You do a lot more on your computer than just the kind of mindless, steady data entry that a more comfortable keyboard would have any kind of real impact on.
If you think you absolutely need a mechanical keyboard to use a computer, you're really just shitty at what you do and need to stop trying to hide it with consumerism.

I would make fun of you for using a mechanical keyboard

>I agree wholeheartedly. My arguments are excellent and you've been butthurt and BTFO the entire thread
That was sarcasm
A keyboard sends a digital signal thats exactly the same no matter what keyboard it's coming from
Saying your arguments are excellent doesn't make them excellent, you don't have any arguments, you have feelings disguised as facts

>But as that post said, in reality they just don't. You do a lot more on your computer than just the kind of mindless, steady data entry that a more comfortable keyboard would have any kind of real impact on.
The keyboard is an input device. Pressing the keys in a spreadsheet program or a text editor is the same. My argument is that I use the keyboard often enough to make it worthwhile for me.

>If you think you absolutely need a mechanical keyboard to use a computer, you're really just shitty at what you do and need to stop trying to hide it with consumerism.
Massive projection.

>look a dull knife can still sorta cut things!

The only one projecting here is you, my dude. Though I'll definitely concede that that reddit spacing must have felt a little nicer on your $200 boutique board than it did on my $15 rubber dome.

But we both did the same thing just as quickly. :v)

>>look a dull knife can still sorta cut things!
Dull knife significantly effects the way you cook and how fast you can chop vegetables. Not so with a keyboard, but at least it wasn't a car analogy this time

> but at least it wasn't a car analogy this time

kek

It's *limited edition*, mine is #895 of 2016

Attached: IMG_20190121_194904[1].jpg (3264x2448, 274K)

Mechanical switches allow you train your muscle memory with tactile feedback. Differences in the actuation forces allow you type faster and more accurately once you use them for a while. They also have a much lower failure rate than membrane keyboards due to their contactless design and being actually wired in to the board. Speaking of being wired in to the board and being contactless, the MS response time to your PC is lower and further increases response time. Additionally, you can customize a mechanical keyboard to further suit your personal needs.

Attached: Mechanical_Switch_Guide_v1.0.5.png (803x2689, 106K)

I think the root of the cringe factor isn't really that there are people spending money on things they like, it's the fact that they're in this thread trying to rationalize and justify it by drawing comparisons to master painters, carpenters, chefs or other highly accomplished professionals that may choose to use more expensive and specialized tools later in their careers as if they think they're one of them for clicking "buy it now" on the most recommended keyboard in a given price bracket on the /mkg/ sticky.
None of this shit changes the quality of the code you write, the words you put on the page or the accuracy of the data you process. It just makes it a little more comfortable, and maybe slightly faster if you're just thoughtlessly shitting all over a text field most of the time as the average /mkg/ shitposter usually is.
What a crock of shit.

keep cringing while they do the intelligent work unlike you type racing your mom's niggers like you

This thread is a joke. We have /mkg/ but instead we get this thread full of literal braindead wojaks spouting their absolute idiocy on the topic of keyboards. Kys

>trying to rationalize and justify it
i just like the clicky noise ^__^

tactile feedback isn't limited to hipster keyboards, and keyboards really just don't fail period unless you put them through tons of fucking stress that would kill anything regardless of what kind of switches are underneath the keys.

millisecond response times are going to be a meaningless marketing number for any kind of actual "productive" work that tends to take brain power rather than regurgitation or repetitive autistic motions and there are plenty of non-mechanical keyboards that offer practical customization options like user-programmable buttons

this whole post is just a bunch of pretentious mental gymnastics/autism that perfectly illustrates why people cringe at mechanical keycucks