Why spend 800 dollars on a computer when you're just going to browse Jow Forums and play hentai games

Why spend 800 dollars on a computer when you're just going to browse Jow Forums and play hentai games

Attached: misc 0753.jpg (700x699, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/8190/Just_Cause_2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At this rate an $800 PC is going to last forever and never become obsolete at those tasks

to satisfy consumer itch

to compensate for my small dick op what else

You don't even have to spend that much dough for an okay setup. There are tons of old sandy i5 8GB RAM $100 optiplexes you can jam in old $60 gtx 750tis. That's more than enough to play most vidya in low-medium @ 1080p.

Hell for a little more dough and assuming the PSU isn't like 200W you could even cram in an Rx 560 in there.

I would agree with you that you can get a cheap PC and despite being almost 8 years old it would run great
But where kinda at an odd place right now and if you where to buy a new PC costing $800-1000 with an i7/R7 CPU and a moderate GPU, I firmly believe that PC would last 2 decades maybe if not used for cutting edge AAA
Because even with the advancements that AMD has forced everyone to go trough, the pace of hardware has slowed and so has software requirements

*blocks your path*

Attached: LV-70X500E_70inch_8K_Sharp_Monitor_-2OK.jpg (1280x800, 194K)

What has 8k got to do with any of this?
You know damn well people are still mostly going to watch bit-starved 1080p streams as even 4k is still scarce

Please stop posting pictures of my wife

heh she's MY wife now, nerd

I find that hard to believe. I still remember how excited I was when the gtx 750ti cards would go for $140 back in 2014. Now for that same price you can get an Rx 570 with twice the vRAM and 4X the performance. CPUs too, $170 dual-core sandy i3s now curb stomped by R5 1600 hexa-core processors. Who's to say this won't be a similar predicament in 2022 when 8K gaymen GPUs and 64-core consumer processors arrive?

Anyway the way I see it NOT getting the greatest and latest is probably the best way to go in terms of value. One day those 16-core threadripper workstations will be on ebay for like $100.

Here's the thing
Yes a 1600 does a hell of alot better than an i3 but has the i3 stopped being useful? has it stopped functioning for even modern tasks aside from AAA gaming?
I never said hardware wouldn't be superseded by new hardware but I just don't see operating systems, the web, productivity apps having such large requirements that it flat out obsoletes today's modern hardware even a decade or two down the line. For gods sake 11 year old Core 2 PCs are still good for modern WIndows and modern programs.
In 2001 you couldn't say the same

True though personally my "too old to use" cutoff point would have to be at sandy bridge i3s. The jump from core2duos to 2nd gen i3s was pretty massive at the time.

*$1100

PC gaming is trash.

see Or do you actually ENJOY paying $60/gayme?

What will we do when every single mundane task is effortlessly handled by a $10 500mW SoC? You might live to see the day.

That might actually be possible pretty soon. Genetically modified brain cells spliced with DNA from bacteria that survive on electricity alone could usher in an era of computer we can't even imagine. Maybe that's how skynet will start too.

>$60 new
>$20 a couple of months later
>$5 after a year
Stay a year behind and the cost is minimal. And that doesn't include piracy.

If I had to I can get away with a Core 2 duo or AMD equivalent even some games I'd like to play would be *ok*
My old PC whet down at one point in 2011 and all I had was a Pentium 4, 2GB of ram and a GTX 550 TI all while running Windows 8 Technical preview. That was an interesting time, it ran minecraft great but not youtube so yeah at this point a core 2 would be a minimum

>paying

lmao you wish, with steam summer sales that don't exist on consoles you really have no reason to pirate anything. I got most COD gaymes for $5-10/pops only after a few months of being released on steam. Just accept it, consoles are scam for the mentally handicapped.

It's honestly becoming harder and harder to justify piracy anymore with all these sales. Can you really NOT afford to spend $1? Spyware/malware is also something you don't have to worry about when you get your stuff through steam or origin.

store.steampowered.com/app/8190/Just_Cause_2/

everybody should be hoarding

>and play hentai games
well yeah exactly

Attached: st.jpg (388x89, 14K)

this

Those eroges aren't gonna store themselves, son.
I learned the hard way that the internet DOES forget things.

why live if you're just going to browse Jow Forums and play hentai games

So I can stream my completely degenerate life to other people on the internet and handle 1080p recording without waiting for a goddamn year

> Why spend 800 dollars on a computer when you can't feed Azu-nyan
> Why live

What hentai games???

I spent nearly 2 grand on this computer that I just use to browse Jow Forums
occasionally I play monster hunter world.

You could get a 1050ti that is inexpensive and runs slightly better than the 750 and 760.

What are you going to do about it?

Play Team Fortress 2.

Sell it and buy something cheap

> not staying 20 years gehind movies, waiting for the patent to disappear, so you can legally pirate it for free

I hate Nuu-Jow Forums

I want my browser to lag slightly less.
Also enjoy cpu intensive tasks taking a third of the time