Why do many fonts make the uppercase "i" and the lowercase "L" look pretty much the same?

Why do many fonts make the uppercase "i" and the lowercase "L" look pretty much the same?

IlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlIlIIlIlI

Attached: Screenshot (179).png (425x326, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wc1RfFYxZ2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it looks better

because you touch yourself

rate my handwriting

Attached: 2018-11-20 05.11.56.png (583x439, 61K)

are you 8?

I can't think of a witty remark

you could have said "Why? are you looking for a date you sick fucking pedo"
would have really shown me
a major btfo win for you
if you had been less of a dumbass

just not mean spirited I guess

Attached: 1542692722408.jpg (320x320, 27K)

It's legible at the very least

Attached: ThatIsWhyYouFail-2.jpg (366x300, 18K)

I like your handwriting

It's better when I use a pencil instead of using my finger on a touch screen desu. I used to practice to make sure it was legible.

pic related

thanks stranger

Attached: Vegeta_Crying.png (1024x582, 346K)

because you're an ignorant who knows nothing about type design or typography

It doesn't take an expert to know that i's and L's looking the same is retarded.

So why don't you tell us mr. type design and typography? Don't tell me it's to save on ink :^)

name a word where those letters looking the same is actually a problem

And they do look different. Even in your OP pic.

I've noticed this before. It always seemed pretty stupid to me, but in most situations, it's not too big of a deal.

Attached: shrug4.jpg (255x256, 20K)

That doesn't reaIIy matter. lt Iooks visuaIIy unpIeasing for them to Iook the same.

Yeah, but you can't teII the difference when it's in a reguIar font size. And not aII fonts are Iike that.

No font other than some pixel one has them the same, the rectangles have different width, height, spacing.
Ill
>lt Iooks visuaIIy unpIeasing for them to Iook the same.
The alternative is worse, it looks out of place when you turn a sans serif font into a serif font for one letter only

ln fact, you Iikely haven't noticed that in these past few comments l've been switching the Iowercase "L" and the uppercase "i".

>tell
>teII
i can see the difference and you are stupid

l don't consider the two Iines in the uppercase "i" to be a serif any more than the upper part of the Ietter "T" is. The letter "i" shoIld have it Iike that naturaIIy. With that Iogic, the Ietter "H" shouId Iook Iike "-" in sans serif fonts.

shouId*

>l don't consider the two Iines in the uppercase "i" to be a serif any more than the upper part of the Ietter "T" is. The letter "i" shoIld have it Iike that naturaIIy. With that Iogic, the Ietter "H" shouId Iook Iike "-" in sans serif fonts.
Holy shit this has to be bait

And why does that matter? In normal text those letters could never be confused for one another

This pic is the letter "I" in a serif font. Second font on OP pic is sans serif.

Attached: lettersi-01.png (1417x744, 14K)

Because l care about how it Iooks as weII as how it functions.

So? that doesn't excuse you for being a moron for thinking H without serifs would be -
you even have the elements marked on your pic, including serifs

Well, with how you seem to be defining serifs that is.

look at your own pic

youtu.be/Wc1RfFYxZ2I

IlIlIlllllIIIIIllIIIIIlIIIlllIIIIIIIlI

Because printed uppercase 'I' without serifs looks pretty much the same as printed lowercase 'l'.
Duh.

What kind of upbringing makes Aussies so fucking based? Are they taught to banter from childhood with parents that insult them nonstop?

if the "I" is on serif, then other letters must be too.