You can do things with your money Jow Forums!

You can do things with your money Jow Forums!
kickstarter.com/projects/alecaddd/akira-the-linux-design-tool/description
There's a promising kickstarter campaign running, aiming to create yet another application that doesn't exist as free software yet. Why don't you show some love for them?

Also it has a cute mascot and I want to see that in production!

Attached: IMG_20190121_110930.jpg (1881x999, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>paying for software

It's called a donation, doofus. I ain't payin for shit

>GTK
into the trash it goes

It's the only viable framework out there. The alternatives are electron (yeah, right) and qt, which isn't really compatible with free software principles. Name a good alternative when shitposting next time

This tbqh.

>aiming to create yet another application that doesn't exist as free software yet
Bad argument. Do you want to fund every program now just because it doesn't exist yet? Applications are made as needed. If enough people are looking for something like this, it'll be funded without your shilling here.

Attached: EtoReChapter66.png (350x350, 77K)

I like the idea.
I'm an artist using Krita myself, I'll throw you a bone off my next paycheck.

>With that said, if for any reason I end up not using the full amount and I find myself with some extra cash, I will use it to (...) donate to the GNOME foundation,

Attached: 1532981162056.png (576x507, 59K)

>spends money
>I-I'm not paying for it

>a kickstarter campaign
>in 2019
wew lad

How would the people the won't this know the project exists without telling them?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation

>Akirais a more general tool to design those interfaces before they're implemented - it's used for creating mock-ups, visualizations and vector graphics.
Not sure I follow how this makes it better than Qt creator.

It's not a bad thing, considering the gnome foundation maintains more than just gnome itself tbqh

Yeah don't donate to this shit. It's probably just a front.
Nobody in their right mind could support gnome.

Someone should make a distro builder IDE that installs packages, sets up the kernel, drivers, icons/themes/artwork/branding like a RPGMaker for linux distros so there's another 9001 released every week that all do the same things wrong.

Well, it's not qt for starters. fuck qt.

>49000$ goal...
I can do that with half of the sum wtf... 10000$ for hardware? You use your own laptops, we pay for the software, not to buy you hardware... Jesus. And what do you need graphic tablet for this? (you don't)
This just looks like a scam. Making people promise of something that can be done with less money and not buying them hardware....

>qt not compatible with free software principles
>literally licensed as gpl
stop fucking defending this pos project's decisions just cause you're shilling it
and kys

>diversity programs

>kickstarter
>a scam
whoa who would've thought

t. can't write hello world in anything but m$ word

At least Qt creates an interface. This is just a domain specific drawing program.

They need new hardware so they can run their garbage slow software.

It's used in multiple fields though. Mockup tools are in high demand in all fields and there's not a single viable native application for GNU/Linux

How would people who speak english understand you?

what does this do that inkscape and libreoffice draw don't?

Your English comprehension needs work, pajeet

It aims to be compatible with non-autistic users

>Buy new and old hardware for development and testing (Laptops, Graphic Tablets, etc.) - $10,000

lmaooooooooooo this fucking idiot has a good PC setup in the background while asking for $10k for extra hardware and laptops, for an open source project.

Full on retarded

I'm not an artist so I obviously can't comment well. I just don't really see the point to run two iterations like this.
I just sketch something very basic for layout.

In a corporate field you have to provide sketches of your future work all the time because product management want to know what they're in for. Sophisticated tools make sketching easy, especially when you can modify your old work

/thread

OpenGL or Vulkan. If you ain't building it from the ground up I ain't interested.

>3d rendering for a 2d platform
?

This, also:
>30% of the final amount after the Kickstarter and Transaction fees will go in taxes
What the actual fuck. Even in the biggest Euro shitholes, the tax is 25% max. You should make it as a non-profit in the first place to pay no taxes. It's obviously scam, if he doesn't want to do it as a non-profit.

hi, welcome to the last 2 decades

>lmaooooooooooo this fucking idiot has a good PC setup in the background while asking for $10k for extra hardware and laptops, for an open source project.

Actually 10K dollars buys you one Wacom Cintique one Surface Pro and one Lenovo Yoga to test it on.

Or just one MS Studio thing.

The art supplies costs are ridiculous and I think they are supposed to test it somehow.

Qt is fine and is free software, but is not really useful unless you're planning to either support multiple platforms, or integrate heavily with KDE, neither of which appear to be in-scope with this project

Poor accessibility and poor integration, you sound like the assholes who demand ugly special snowflake electron apps that all have their own specific webshit-looking widgets

yeah it's going to fail, but at least it's always fun to watch a trainwreck.

- the app has no qualities beyond figma except for "it's native". figma already exists for linux - plus, inkscape exists and from the mockup the app has even less features than inkscape.
- professionals use illustrator, affinity designer, moqups, adobe sketch, nobody cares about whether or not the app is open source. People are not "locked in", they just realize that you get what you pay for.
- 50k is way too low and already he has a hard time raising that amount of money, so yeah.
- "3 developer for 3 months" - this guy wants to recreate Inkscape with full SVG, PDF, etc. support in 3 months, yeah right. Try 3 years.
- In the end, the app is used to create interfaces but can't export QML or XML or anything - basically all it can do is draw something on the screen and nothing more.

All this guy has is a UI mockup for a very basic vector editor and a stolen logo. Even the mockup looks horrible since the pretentious logo takes up half of the vertical space. I can only hope that the kickstarter doesn't work because that would be better for him (otherwise, he'll be on the next kickscammer top 10 list in a few years).

>Buy new and old hardware for development and testing (Laptops, Graphic Tablets, etc.) - $10,000
wwwwwwwwww
Sounds like a dumb webdev just wants more toys

let me update my battlestation, user!