Specs:

boox.com/boox-nova/
specs:
1872x1404 7.8"
Quad-Core 1.6GHz
RAM 2GB LPDDR3
32GB Storage
It's 280 euros, does Jow Forums know a better alternative?

Attached: boox nova.png (505x647, 121K)

yeah a $50 kindle

Tell me about this high resolution 7.8" $50 kindle on which I can read pdfs.

Kobo Aura H2O v2. Who fucking cares about CPU and RAM in a ereader, retard

>using PDFs on an ereader
Yep, I was right calling you a retard

$3, solar powered

Attached: _____.jpg (886x644, 136K)

>Kobo Aura H2O v2.
smaller screen
lower dpi
not an alternative.
>Who fucking cares about CPU and RAM in a ereader, retard
People here tend to get hard when seeing specs, my mistake.
>Yep, I was right calling you a retard
Calling someone a retard for having no knowledge on a product they don't own. ???

E-Ink Corporation has a monopoly on all E-Ink displays, we could be having full colour fast refresh E-Ink screens now for a fraction of the cost.

Why is this shit expensive, it's not like I can't afford it but I like to hoard money.

Doesn't V1 have a MicroSD slot?

What's the best e-reader with a MicroSD slot?

I got 200GB of manga I wanna take with me.

Old OLED tablet

buy a fucking oled phone or tablet call it a day

>using PDFs on a small ereader
FTFY

>OLED for reading
no

yeah, audiobooks on your phone
>$0
>can read while driving
>don't have to worry about eye-strain
>don't have to carry an extra thing around

Attached: 1544337148402.jpg (960x1200, 149K)

likebook mars

user gets it

PDFs on a 7.8" screen are perfectly readable, retard faglord.

Attached: dick.jpg (1746x1836, 642K)

Ah yes, I'll just buy several $200 textbooks instead of torrenting them

Kobo forma?

Fuck this, Kindle is shit.

Reading pdfs in any e-ink device is still painful, get a tablet. E-books are only good for literature.

I asked about this on /csg/ but I'm considering getting the likebook mimas now that it's on sale on AliExpress. It does improve on the similar boox model, note plus I think, with better battery, CPU, and around 70 bucks cheaper.
I wanted someone with experience with the likebook Mars to tell me what's bad about it

>Reading pdfs in any e-ink device is still painful
no

Attached: IMG_20181121_235022.jpg (3120x3120, 1.5M)

What model is that? I'm the post above yours about the mimas, how's the dpi on PDF? The mimas has the same dpi and resolution as the 10 inch boox models so any critique would be great

>tablet experience: smooth scrolling, fast page turns, zoomin, color
>e reader experience: wait 5 seconds till page turns, wait for zoomin, black and white
tablet wins everytime

HP Z600. 250 usd. Thank me later

That's a Boox Max 2. It's got a 13.3" 2220x1650 display, so ~207PPI. If you're looking for something this size I'd look into Sony's DPT models; no HDMI in but much smaller bezels

Yeah I'll stick with my ereader. If I wanted to use a regular display I'd just take my 12.1" laptop convertible to class.

>muh pinch and zoom
Steve Jobs is dead, move on

That model looks super neat, but 13 inches might be too much for me, I was already thinking 10.3 might be overdoing it. I also really like the mimas Wacom pen with pressure sensitivity for note taking, I scribble a lot on my PDFs when on the desktop. My main concern was that with the gigantic screen PDF files might look overly blurry or the regular reading mode for epubs might have not look too sharp. I have a kobo h2o HD so I'm used to smaller screens.

>I also really like the mimas Wacom pen with pressure sensitivity for note taking
Note taking's one of the main reasons I got this. This has a Wacom pen too, albeit a thin one. Are Wacom's pens compatible with each other? I'd like to get a Intuos or something
My main concern was that with the gigantic screen PDF files might look overly blurry or the regular reading mode for epubs might have not look too sharp. I have a kobo h2o HD so I'm used to smaller screens.
At this size the display's nearing the same size as the paper a general PDF is intended for (A4). As for epub, I haven't tried any but if that is somehow an issue you can use it horizontally and view two pages at a time.

Ah I see, that's great. I was afraid PDFsight look like butt on it. I'll be studying using incredibly old, scanner based blurry PDFs so if the reader blurred them further it'd be unusable. Oh, have you installed tachiyomi on yours yet? How is it on the battery?

>bad
you'll waste even more of your life reading manga

>Tachiyomi
No, I just use the stock app
>battery
It lasts a week of classes with charge to spare

Great! I asked about tachiyomi because it's the best for manga on Android, reading local files and online websites like mangadex, so the online might be hard on the battery, constantly downloading images and stuff. Thanks for all the advice friend

>better alternative
PocketBook 740.

/thread

According to 4PDA (and these guys are pros on this shit) it's buggy, underwhelming, uncomfortable, overpriced garbage.

Thanks for your recommendations.
>Boox Nova
>Likebook Mars
>Kobo Forma
>PocketBook 740 (PocketBook InkPad 3?)
I'll do some research on them later and see which one would be best.

>Forma
Garbage, according to 4PDA, who are the ONLY worth-some authority on e-books.

>Onyx Boox anything ever
Overpriced underwhelming buggy trash, according to 4PDA.

>Mars
Dunno

>PocketBook 740
Fucking PERFECTION.

According to me, it's pretty comfy
Lightest 8" tablet in the world

Attached: DSC_4062.jpg (1491x1080, 156K)

>t. Ivan Notabotov

just get a cheap tablet

because of this

Sneed

Just choke on a dick

like your mom did?

Not exactly, my mom survived

good for you, user