Is my laptop's battery pozzed?

Why's it all swollen up like that?

Attached: hp.jpg (1155x849, 398K)

SHE'S GONNA BLOW

Attached: OHHHHHHH.png (763x561, 562K)

yea those cells are fucked, i bet it struggles to hold a full charge for very long.

>hp
Found your problem

Attached: B2D2F65A-0B76-436A-AAFF-0B4E2E28A8AE.jpg (275x275, 21K)

this, hp's consumer line of computers are dogshit, buy you a nice mac OP

Attached: 1547358725053.gif (200x200, 1.16M)

Your laptop is highly aroused.

Or a dell or lenovo

It's my brother's. I use a desktop PC. He was complaining about shit temps especially during gayming and the laptop was getting BSOD and shutting down on its own so I thought I'd open it, clean it up, reapply the thermal paste and get it back together while he's asleep because he's paranoid about computers and would probably be uneasy if I opened it in front of him.
Should I tell him I've been looking up tutorials to open that laptop and I saw a swollen battery in one of the videos and that we should check if his battery is alright or not?

You should remove that battery and take it to a recycling centre before you have a literal house fire

haha le sex reference
upvoted, my friend, here's your gold

It's dead, Jim. Can actually become a fire hazard so remove it right away, then purchase a replacement.

full retard much

Don't listen to these fags, it's normal. That thing is good to go until it swells up so much that it's noticeable from the outside, with the panels closed and all.

ah, is this the latest "how to make mustard gas" again

Battery is shot OP, get the model number and order a new one.

>Why's it all swollen up like that?
Shitty battery/it is worn.
I poked, no.

Fuck laptops. Mine died within 2 years, it was an expensive Asus ROG thing.

How does it just swell up like that?

Safety feature to keep it from exploding.

Attached: _D340843.jpg (2000x1333, 707K)

>Why's it all swollen up like that?
Did you download any RAM recently? You might have accidentally saved it to your battery.

Is that a tablet? One of yours?

Yep, Surface Pro 4, bought it bulged and replaced it.

Dell's consumer laptops aren't good too, pretty bad qa

My Inspiron has held up really well

it's just electrolyte gas buildup.
1. Prepare a piece of insulating tape, a teaspoon, some alcohol (40 or more %), an air filtering mask (or just pull up a cotton shirt onto your face) and a sharp tool.
2. poke a hole into the highest points of the bulges. one hole per bubble. gas and some electrolytic fluid (it's acidic, but diluted enough to not be toxic) will start coming out.
3. use teaspoon to flatten out the battery - you don't have to be super precise.
4. use alcohol and some paper towels to clean up the fluid buildup around the holes.
5. cover up the holes with insulating tape
6. charge battery to 100% plus an extra hour

it won't hold a charge like new but without the gas buildup the cells will increase their capacity to 70-80% of a new battery.
make sure your room is ventilated and don't sniff the gases, they give a short, LSD-like high, but you'll likely fuck up your nostrils.

Here we go!

Another causality thanks to the hacker Anonymous.

Do not listen to Anonymous.

They are a dick.

i swear Jow Forums managed to find a way to turn the simplest problem domain into "how to flood your home with mustard gas"

Buy a new battery and drop off the old one at your nearest airport.

Get your brother to use desktop computers.

In all seriousness, I've vented bloated batteries before and it can be done, pretty much like this, but with a thumbtack. If you poke in the wrong place though, kaboom. If you inhale the fumes, you'll likely end up with blain damblage. Serious danger here.

**If you do it, for Christ's sake, do it outside on concrete and be ready to run. Seriously. Outside. Concrete.**

I can't endorse this method due to the danger, but I can't condemn it either.

the battery has separated hydrogen gas and it will literally explode if exposed to outside air/

I agree Dell consumer are absolute trash, but their business ones are pretty good. A solid 8/10.

I better take that battery out and clean the rest of the components. You can get a new battery from ebay for like $10. If he still wants to use the computer you can see if it still runs without the battery. I would rather fry my components than cause a fire.

what laptop is that?
2.5 bay
m2 (sata though)
memory slots

HP Omen 15.

hydrogen is not self igniting.

Take the battery out and to it somewhere where it would be ok to burn/blow some shit up.

From a good distance, shoot it with a pellet gun....

HP Business is decent. Toshiba is shit. I got a couple of the qosimo series and the newer one was worse than the older one as far as design and how fragile it was.Macs are nice but overpriced in my opinion

uhh I don't get it, where's the battery?

Just poke some small holes in it with a knife so the gas can escape

It's that teal colored slab on the upper corner.