I'm sorry ma'am, but your hard drive fails the diagnostics tests and needs to be replaced

I'm sorry ma'am, but your hard drive fails the diagnostics tests and needs to be replaced.
>BUT THE COMPUTER IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLD

OH WELL GEE IN *THAT* CASE, IT'S PERFECTLY FINE. COME AND PICK IT UP!

goddamn

Attached: SmashedDrive.jpg (1000x563, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRHIz97L2iI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don’t do computer repair if you don’t want to deal with retarded tech illiterates

>BUT THE COMPUTER WAS RUNNING FINE 2 DAYS AGO, HOW CAN IT BE BAD ALL OF A SUDDEN?!?!

Attached: 1539973212640-1.jpg (389x366, 53K)

fuck that i don't want to disassemble this entire laptop to get at the hard drive because HP is a piece of crap and doesn't have a compartment for it that's easily accessible

>has a 1TB 5400RPM hard drive
>uses >0.02% of the drive
Ma'am, I have a nice 240GB solid state hard drive in stock...
>BUT THAT'S 1/4 OF THE SPEED OF THE ONE I HAVE NOW!

Attached: 1542302337539.jpg (637x639, 54K)

It's just the nature of the beast, man.

>speed

tell me about it
why do people have other people fix their computers and then argue with them about what they don't even know?

I think it is "let me pretend I'm smart so they don't rip me off" mentality. Or just early onset of dementia.

Yup, I know your pain. Worked at a small laptop repair shop (also did other stuff though) in a tiny town for a couple years. Honestly though the vast majority of machines I worked on were pure facebook machines so it would've been smarter for people to just replace them rather than pay us to fix them. Never told them that though (unless we wanted to sell them something).

>be visiting family over Christmas
>looking at old family photos on stuff on their new-ish computer
>it was one of those newer Dell Inspirons that go for like 100 bucks on eBay
>It runs great for their needs
>anyway, PC crashes. Hard shutdown no error code
>hmm.jpg
>reboot it, won't start
>lemme see
>Dad tells me to not touch it
>Do it anyway
>Dad yelling at me saying that I'll break it
>literally get paid to do this exact shit every day
>Continue dad still screaming
>diagnosing the problem like a day 1 tech would, pull every non essential part to get to post
>single ram stick works
>try every slot
>The last ram slot burnt out at runtime somehow
>tell him this, put the ram back in, omitting a stick from the last slot
>boots up fine
>plug HDD back in, button it up
>Still works great with six GiB instead of the previously installed eight.
>barely even a thank you
I hate boomers sometimes but I guess I can't complain.

Don't touch other people's shit unless they ask you. You know, like a normal person.

Facebook is meth for boomers.

You think mechanics have it any easier? Let's just say people make it very easy to not feel guilty about taking them for a ride.

Shut up rape victim, he did the right thing and is "normal" and his family are worthless niggers.

Attached: 1547661716203.png (450x416, 207K)

>computer janitors complaining about having to clean up shit
Classic

I do it ironically

Learn to upsale dude.

Meth is meth for boomers
>ma'am you vomited all over the floor. Let me clean that u-
>NO. NO! YOU'RE JUST SAYING THAT TO SELL ME SHIT

Attached: 925C8C97-ED95-47D2-92E3-324A015B7388.jpg (320x320, 13K)

He was probably pissed off you was touching his computer desu, I fucking hate it when my family just wanna use my pc. Don't think they understand it's like my hi e kek

>customer expresses concern that a product has failed despite being only two years old
Fly into an austic rage and have to go vent on the internet to feel better

Funny how consumer models only last about 2 years....

you probably broke it by testing it. your paying not me

youtube.com/watch?v=WRHIz97L2iI

"This will knock the shit out of your ass."

Conservatives aren't very bright, and deep down they know this and are terrified of being taken advantage of. The only way they know how to address this is to put up resistance.

Basically only propaganda makes it through. They're suckers for that.

>Trying to explain graphics cards to people trying to upgrade to play a game
No, even though you have a faster core speed and more vram it doesn't mean it's better at rendering things on screen because you're looking at an extreme base model not intended for gaming, and not an actual gaming model. It's not even powerful enough to use its full vram in any game.
>Hmmmm I don't know, I don't really get what you mean by pipelines and cores, it's still faster and it has more vram
No man think about it, you could have a hypothetical V2 engine that can manage 100k RPM but its torque is so abysmal it can't move anything, while a hypothetical V8 that only manages 5k RPM has 10,000 times more torque and can move a lot more, it's the same principle.
>Nah man, it's faster and has more Vram so it's probably better, it's also A LOT cheaper.
You literally deserve whatever you waste your money on.

Liberals buy Macs unironically when there are better alternatives.

See, I can post a bait too!

What has better aesthetics than a Mac?

So someone bought an inferior card and thought it was inferior to a superior card because it had a higher clock speed and more RAM? But less cores and pipelines?

Replace second inferior with superior.

I don't remember the exact cards, but it was someone on an extreme budget and instead of doing something like getting an old 2gb 560Ti or a 660, they thought a Gt 710 would do it. The specs don't really check out on those specific cards but it was along those lines, instead of getting an older higher end card, they opted for a baseline or near baseline current gen card.

>Conservatives

you spelled Boomers wrong.

In that case it would depend more on cores and shit.

For example I had a GTX 580 Hydro Copper 2 in my desktop. I upgraded to a GTX 980. This is a huge gap so any upgrade is gonna show me results, but there was a huge jump in cores and pipelines and such so games I couldn't run at highest settings I now could.

But yeah I would need to see the specs to really give my opinion in such a situation. Unless that newer card had more as far as cores/pipelines the older would have been the better performer. If your using the nvidia number schema right then your probably right.

you guys need to use food analogies when explaining technical things to lay people

bits are like 1 doughnut and bytes are like 8 doughnuts....

My riced Arch.

Stupid zoomers will become boomers eventually. It's only a matter of time.

making a fucking GT 710 with 2 or even 4GB should be a crime.