I was living with 2mbps internet for years since nothing else was available, and now I got this installed...

I was living with 2mbps internet for years since nothing else was available, and now I got this installed. What the fuck do I do with all this speed bros? I'm used to downloading about 1GB/hour, this is crazy

Attached: 1_uGbUvxdxdyOTnueD3D0Mnw[1].png (582x579, 49K)

Welcome to supremacy brother. Continue torrenting lots of shit without seeding like the rest of us and you'll fit in just fine.

Start by "streaming" movies the same time you're torrenting them.
Make online backups if your upload is as good.

Streaming at high resolutions, or streaming those 360 videos..

high res streaming & heavy torrenting.

Attached: 2019-01-18 11_41_00.png (296x354, 13K)

I have a 4k smart tv being delivered this week so I can't wait to stream some 4k netflix

are you french nigger ? Just go the optic fiber installed, today. Exact same situation lmao

Where did you live OP?

Not fast enough

Attached: 2019-01-21 17_59_37.png (1148x1190, 95K)

Wisconsin, I lived out in the farm fields with pretty much zero service. Recently moved to the city and now have this, plus the option of gigabit internet if I want in the future

Set up a Tor relay and help oppressed terrorists and pedophiles... umm... I mean journalists and activists!

Do isps control what kind of internet speed you get? Is there no way around it and bump your speed?

honestly different ISPs control the subscribed speeds in different ways.

My ISP provisions 1024mbps over fiber, but the ONT terminates with a 1gbps ethernet NIC, which limits you to 945mbps actual throughput at most.

When they provision for 100mbps, they generally leave some fluff. So instead of 100mbps they provision ~115-120mbps. Done so if a customer is streaming an HD pay per view movie on their TV, it wont affect their internet speedtest results from hitting their 100mbps subscribed speed.

>What the fuck do I do with all this speed bros?
seed Ancient Aliens documentary to redpill more people

Attached: 1535362103112.jpg (1440x930, 451K)

Im talking if i can do anything on my end to bump the speed 50mbps more. Like change dns setrings or hack the modem etc

like I said, it depends how your ISP does it.

It just depends on the ISP.

Some ISPs yeah, you probably could do something. Most ISPs probably not.

Pretty vague answer but okay

Because you're a fucking idiot if you think every ISP is operated the same way. There is no blanket answer to be given retard.

Start seeding open-source software, like Debian, Arch, Gentoo, Qubes, Whonix and GIMP.

Most have policy on their interface for your speed

If they only throttle specific applications you might try to get around those by doing something to avoid detection (say run your torrents through a VPN if torrents are throttled), but generally speaking you have no way of controlling the overall maximum bandwidth since that is likely limited on some ISP device you have no access to at all.

Maybe if some ISPs do it in the modem in your house or such, but I'm not sure if any actually do this. Even then you'd have to gain access to it somehow.

Nice English third worlder

What's a cheap and reliable way to store about 20 TB of 4k Blu-ray rips in the cloud?

When searching for torrents, sort by largest to smallest, then download the ones that have a good amount of seeds/peers while being very large.

Que verga

Really, just download anything remotely popular from a public tracker. Watch out for your ISP sending you a letter though. Better off seeding Linux ISO's if you want to avoid that.

Or try to get into a private tracker.