/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1513616061872.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=mi a2 lite camera error
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE SMALL PHONES

Attached: ptsd.webm (1000x563, 587K)

best camera on a budget? I bought an xperia XA1 with a 23mp cam for £130 but sent it back because the screen is shit. i'd like to spend as little as 150-200 but it needs a really good camera.

Redmi Note 5 or Note 6 Pro, with GCam

200 usd bands LTE B2 (1900 PCS)

Send help

my mi a2 lite arrived today and it's working flawlessly
just lol at spending more than 200 bucks on a phone in 2019

Mi A2 Lite

Plan ends and can upgrade my pixel first gen in a few days,

should I go for the pixel 3 or wait for something else coming early this year?

Telstra Australia btw

Wait at least until the end of February, many new phones being announced at MWC, or around the same time (Galaxy S10, Sony XZ4, Nokia 9, Huawei P30 and more)

A question about the redmi note 6 pro, supposedly it also has the LTE B2 (1900) but on another version?

How am i supposed to know which one to get

any good phones with small screen, no notch, decent hardware and from a reputable brand with good rom support?

>supposedly it also has the LTE B2 (1900) but on another version?
Yes. Redmi Note 5 also has a version with B2. The model numbers you want to look for are M1803E7SH for the Note 5, M1806E7TH for Redmi Note 6 Pro, those have B2 LTE.

Aight thanks

That is one sexy phone but the mini USB kills for me. USB -c or bust.

Attached: 1516342243885.gif (332x332, 1.68M)

Mi A2 lite have one of the worst screen out there, i don't even know why would someone consider buying it.

Guys I need a modern-ish flip phone please respond

Attached: le smug lieutenant face.jpg (455x476, 22K)

4k gcam LG G6 when?!

Attached: 1547941549862.jpg (1280x1760, 950K)

>tfw carrier locked bootloader
>when I can perfectly do it officially
Fucking KEKED reeeeeee!!!

Attached: reeeeee.jpg (480x533, 31K)

wait to see if lenovo release their razr concept

Attached: razr.0.jpg (1080x720, 58K)

Pulled the trigger on a pixel 3 with that sale. How bad did I fuck up?

Thinking about getting a P20 pro, but kind of tempted by the pixel 3 XL. I'm leaning to the p20 because of the battery life but not sure about it. Need help

getting rid of my iPhone se, which phone should I pick? huawei p20 lite or xiaomi mi a2 lite
I mostly care about the camera speed and general performance. I won't play shit

It's a good phone but a bit overpriced, expect constant updates

How much did you actually pay for it?

>mi a2 lite
enjoy those defective cameras
lmgtfy.com/?q=mi a2 lite camera error

does this exists?

Can only think of Nokia 8

zenfone max pro m1 has 5k battery and official lineageos

$650

I was going to wait on the lite, but decided not to.

What's a good upgrade from an HTC 10?

>mi mix 3 green is overpriced as fuck because of 8gb ram
>elephone px is a scam
>pocomeme is a meme

Attached: 473.jpg (318x159, 10K)

>RN7 STILL not available in my cunt
>RN7P not even announced
Come on I want to throw away my RN3P already

what's the best website to order chink smartphones from? Like Nova, Huwei, Xiaomi etc

Use kimovil, it basically indexes the prices from the various sites and lets you find the cheapest easily.

Is the mi a2 lite a significant upgrade from a nexus 6? Mainly concerned with battery life in terms of watching videos on YouTube

As much as I love my Pixel 3 XL its just too big for me. Might end up going with the smaller version of the S10, I hope they offer a trade in program though.

What's Gcam?

Redmi 6, or S2
I'm a poorfag

lots of reviewers and websites put the note 9 as the best smartphone of 2018 (ignoring the price)
is that really true?
whats better?

Attached: file.png (850x1201, 1.39M)

It starts with P and ends with 1

>pocomeme is a meme
How so?

Android Pie's stock experience with gesture nav is the best UI experience I've ever had on Android. Everything is so much faster and more fluid. Animations are really nice and quick.

idk why some people don't like it, sometimes change is good. This is just better UI design. The only thing I don't like is the persistent search bar, which I don't use.

Attached: Screenshot_20190122-032740.png (1080x2280, 1.24M)

Is the Redmi Note 7 Pro significantly better than the Note 5? I'm thinking of selling one for the other.

Attached: Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-5-99-Inch-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-628341-.jpg (1000x1000, 69K)

Again, what difference does it make? And don't say "it breaks easily"

Amazing price. It's a good phone, front facing speakers and an incredible camera.

Are Xiaomemes still one of the best budget phones?
Around 230$ is probably as high as I can go, any budget phone that can easily handle gacha shit like FGO or Girls Frontline along with some emulators (SNES, Sega etc)? Preferably a phone that won't burn my hand when the game is running.

Wait, is the Redmi Note 7 out or not? People talk about it, but I don't see it on sale anywhere.

Is it only the chink version released or something?

>How bad did I fuck up?
700 USD bad.
You're a consumerist cuck, you're retarded with your money, you don't need a 700 USD phone, a Redmi Note 5 is 150 USD and does the same shit.

We don't really know the specifics of the RN7 yet.

It's out in China. A few resellers have the Chinese version on sale but it says "presell" so I guess they don't have stock yet:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7

The global version should be launching in 1-2 months.

Thanks mate.

Attached: 1548013712561.jpg (1800x1189, 536K)

The "smallest" good phone with a 3.5 jack is the galaxy s9, fuck me sideways, why the fuck isn't anyone making good small phones anymore? I fucking hate this shit

>Are Xiaomemes still one of the best budget phones?
Yeah, Redmi Note 5/Note 6 Pro should do fine with those games.

I hate chinks, but I'm glad Apple is shrinking and Xiaomi is growing.

Would love if Nokia ended up dominating the market though.

Wait for XZ4 Compact

Multiple screen issues that they're trying to fix with software when it's really a hardware defect.

What if camera is a priority to him? Dumb poorfag.

There is also the XZ1/C and the XZ2/C unless you're a bezel hating zoomer

Why would it, if you need a good camera, you buy a real camera, not an overpriced smartphone.

An xperia xz compact with an OLED screen, headphone jack and battery life is all i want. Why o why is the no market demand such that it appears sony have cancelled the xz4c?

No confirmation on the cancellation yet. At least some case maker released pictures of cases for XZ4C. We'll just have to wait for MWC in February.

Thinking of getting the Oneplus 5t used. Any anecdotal evidence to contradict this as a good choice? Thanks in advance anons

Which gcam is best for the Redmi Note 5 pro though?

Ok. Amoled screens are a fucking meme

Thanks. I honestly hate these new "trendy" top bezels or whatever it's called but I guess I can deal with that.
I know nothing about phones and their hardware, so assuming I can get my hands on both Note 6 Pro and Note 5 (you mean the AI Dual Camera one, right?), which one would be better: less issues, heat etc?
Just glancing over the specs they seem to be the same apart from the bezel and Note 6 being slightly bigger.

I hope so but it doesn't sound promising.
Notebookcheck review is a little mixed on the camera but otherwise i might get it for me mam
My 2010 htc desire a8181 has it (it's not new tech mate) and is better than any LCD phone used

what issues specifically? I bought a pocomeme late October and I have seen nothing of the sort.

Attached: 1532734740537.jpg (483x589, 78K)

Moto x pure battery is shitting out on me want to wait for xz4 but might need one that won't blow half my poorfag bucks.
>Cunt: USA
>Carrier: straight talk (basically anything unlocked GSM)
>Budget:~400-500
>Wants: headphone jack and no notch are non negotiable, ~5 inch screen size (x pure is 5.7 and fine so anything at or below)
At this point I don't see much besides waiting on Sony but any help is appreciated.

Redmi Note 5.
Has a screen of 5.99 though.

You'll save several hundreds bucks too.

>Multiple screen issues that they're trying to fix with software when it's really a hardware defect.
Those hardware related issues were a problem with the initial batch which was shipped to India. That's why everyone is aware of them. Touch latency has been fixed and it was a software related issue.

>Note 5 (you mean the AI Dual Camera one, right?)
yeah, that's the one, though most places just sell it as "Redmi Note 5" or "Redmi Note 5 Global version". Just make sure it's the version with Snapdragon 636, not the weaker SD625 version.

>which one would be better: less issues, heat etc?
There's really not much difference between the two, other than the notch and dual selfie camera on the Note 6 Pro. If you don't want a notch get the Note 5.

Anybody purchased from Wonda Mobile? Is it a legit/trusted website? They're very cheap and I have just bought a new phone from them.

I see, thanks.

sony led screens are better than oleds imho, I hate the oversaturated colors

Anyone tried the 2018 galaxy A7?

Arnova8G2-V8.3b1

I do

No you don't.

had the iphone se for some time now and want to move to android. Whats a good phone with big screen and great battery life? Good camera is a plus

So far the Xperia XA2 Ultra and the Mate 20 Lite look like good choices, any other recommendations?

Country/carrier? Budget?

Redmi Note 5.
Or wait a few months for the Redmi Note 7.

Hey guys, need a good android phone. I live in rural USA where AT&T is the only dependable service. I'd like one around the $200 mark.

Nokia 6.1

>I hate the oversaturated colors
You realize most phones have a setting for that? Samsung's Galaxy phones have one of the most color accurate displays on the market, the default display mode just is oversaturated because that looks better in the eyes of the average consumer. In fact, when Google's Pixel 2 launched, it had the display set to display colors accurately, and many people complained it looked "lifeless" and dull, so Google released an update that had the option to set the display show more saturated (and less accurate) colors.

My only query is about night time reading. Is it correct to assume backlit LCDs like Sony can't go as dark (black levels) as OLED displays? Which display type is the better option for this?

Stupid consumer

Got a Pocomeme and have had zero issues of any kind, idk what you are talking about user

whats up with all the moto razr nostalgia lately?
Is it real that Motorola wants to bring back the razr or its just shitty tech websites clickbaiting boomers?

Say one better invention on phones in the last two decades than slide out front camera. Protip: you can't.

Attached: 1548120140073.jpg (245x247, 47K)

Lads spoon feed me please, I am a retard and know fuck all about phones.

I want to buy a cheapish smart phone around £200 - £300, preferably on the lower end of that scale but could be convinced if the phone is good. All I really care about is usability i.e. doesn't lag or crash, and decent battery life. I'll typically only use it for calls and texts and casual app use like maps and stuff like that, maybe some social media. Not all that bothered about a camera. Bonus points for not being tablet-sized since I'd like to be able to fit it in my pocket

What should I get? I've been looking at Honor phones, Play/8x etc., are they any good? desu I'd rather not get a chinkphone since I'm a bit put off by the security stuff, are there any Western phones that are similar in terms of price & quality?

Pic related (me), can you guys point me in the right direction? Thank you for your service

Attached: 234534661.png (645x729, 75K)

Look at this beauty. No usb ports.

Attached: file.png (505x446, 99K)

Elephone A5.

t-thanks

Attached: 9312756289.png (631x131, 36K)

Uma delicia.

>need small phone
>don’t have money
>months later iPhone SE is being sold at reasonable price
>finally scrounge up money for iPhone SE
>think it’ll be here by Tuesday
>iPhone SE sold out already

I know it’s (((apple))) but everyone in the family and around town uses iOS. It’s inescapable for me. Is it a smarter idea just to get an iPod 6th generation and get a dumb phone just to call people?

Attached: 38E0CB0D-878F-4411-B408-426C8508A398.jpg (807x900, 72K)

Thank you so much user

I want to buy LG phones but they say its not secure and they dont get updates
wat do

Attached: 1548128798442.png (1920x1072, 952K)

The smartest idea is not using apple products.

which are you looking at specifically?

Attached: LG-V35-Pie-update.png (1374x2048, 1.08M)

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite / Redmi Note 5 / Note 6 Pro / Pocophone
Sony XZ1 / XZ1 Compact
Nokia 6.1 / 7 Plus / 7.1 / 8