>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: Noctua microtransactions.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8PnKV6
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06124756
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZGbdTB
pcpartpicker.com/list/BtLHtg
pcpartpicker.com/list/4P9v7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/Y2BWTB
pcpartpicker.com/list/9sPGzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/yy3v7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/wYtRXP
pcpartpicker.com/list/qq383b
acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/model/UM.HX1SA.A05
pcpartpicker.com/list/YXM3QZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I figure out if my CPU and GPU won't bottleneck each other? what am I suppose to look for? core clock? cuda cores? memory clock?

Do I really have to test them and look at other people or can I figure it out myself by looking at the stats?

Buy a console
T. Unhelpful elitist

All they had to do was make their fans black. this is too much

>Short powercut recently
>PC started loading slow as hell and being a bitch in general
>Figure it's the shitty old HDD I've been using for the OS for ages (yes I am aware, I will buy a SSD at some point)
>Replace it with a less old, larger capacity one that I've hoarded
>PC still acting slow
How concerned should I be, considering I do not have a replacement mobo lying around?
If it's likely to be RAM then I'm okay with that.

Attached: King Uh-Oh-Oh.png (487x329, 154K)

continuing here Should i buy a different pc case or a different cooler? An user suggested dropping the proc to 2600 to make the gpu 2070, is it worth it and why? Sorry, first time tryin to build here. Also, i only plan on buying a 1080 144hz monitor

Go for a mid tower, a full tower is colossal and only of use for using dozens of hdds or massive watercooling setups.
2600x is the same as 2700x if you're only using it for games.

It's either software or unrelated to the powercut.
Computers don't get slow from surge damage, they can start crashing a lot because it usually damages the PSU, but slow is software bloat or plain old obsolescence

Thanks user
Also, another user said something about not being able to run my ram at 3200, i was trying to understand the reply chain he linked but i had no idea what it meant at all, maybe something about the mobo?? Should i change it to an msi x470 gaming plus instead?

pcpartpicker.com/list/ I'm paying ~ $720 after taxes.. Going to be used for development and some total war/hoi4. In my opinion it seems like a good value for the price. I could spend more but I don't wanna pay for too much hype. Any thoughts?

Said it wrong: slow BOOTING, not loading. Could that only be software?
It's consistent too, which is the worrying part.

Do you guys use Logicalincrements?
Also, does anyone here make money building PC's? I'm talking like, maybe $20 per build on top of parts.

yeah you're coming in at way under 720

It will probably work if you update mobo bios to latest and maybe bump the ram voltage up a touch.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8PnKV6
UK £. I want to do mainly vr gaming with it. It will be hooked up to the 1080 tv and HTC Vive. My budget is ~£800 but would like to reduce it. I want to get a better gpu later to save money now.

Yeah that's probably software, restore or reinstall windows and it'll definitely fix it.

If it's from the very start, look into the BIOS. If it slow loads the interface, manually check for an unnecessary registry entry like explorer and iexplore in a place it shouldn't be (was in some folder with Image in the title under NT if I remember). This registry error isn't picked up by anti virus programs, malware scanners, and I even think the registry check in command prompt. Go into regedit to see if this is the case.

The only way people make money with pc's is by building shitty systems with old parts they have lying around and selling it to normies who don't know better. My brother does this but it's mostly for fun/getting rid of old shit.

On that note, you think I can offload an old 2500/290/8gb PC for $500?

I found this exact same pc at Best Buy for 500 USD. Problem is that only comes with one 8GB stick. Will this thing overheat and get loud considering the size?

put in the real link dumbass

oops forgot link support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06124756

Uffda. Here is the real list. pcpartpicker.com/list/ZGbdTB

get a cheaper motherboard (B450) and the 2600x instead. Also the PSU seems terrible, get a seasonic one just to be safe.

>$250 for the shittiest MSI 580
Dude.

Stop recommending the 2600x, it's shit

Hahahaha yess yes of course
He should buy only Intel® Core™ Processors!

Budget: 1400~1500usd
Purpose: Gaming and Semi-Future proof for at least 3-4 years

Help?

what kind of psu wattage would i be looking to power 32 hdds & a single pcie riser card? no mobo or anything else. (assume the drives are 10K sata or 15K sas)

Look at power consumption specs for the HDDs, allow +50% for each, multiply by 32.

You seem mad
There's no reason to buy 2600x when 2600 exists. $50 more for 0.2ghz higher clock and worse temps is stupid

the 2600 has shit binning and people are still falling for it. The guy wants to use this thing for not just gaming so he needs the power more in the CPU than in the GPU and he's gonna run it hard.

You're assuming every 2600 can hit 4GHz. They don't, barely half can do 3.9.

>$1,300 USD
>1080p 60fps bido gaem
>Asus VS228H-P monitor
pcpartpicker.com/list/BtLHtg
r8 me, h8 me, eviscer8 me

Attached: 1390362706512.jpg (500x348, 66K)

>RX 580: $170
>RTX 2060: $350
>RTX 2080: $700

Is there any reason to buy any card other than these three in the $150 to $1000 price bracket?

>2 250gb ssd
Why

You are assuming every 2600x can hit 4.2 all core.
Put a $30 cooler on a 2600 and you can oc higher than a 2600x and still end up paying less

ITT: Windows-based video game consoles

Other than used or a clearance deal on something, no.

Not sure if this is b8 but you can get better perfomance with half the money

I have an i5-7500. Is 144fps 1080p possible on high settings, or will it bottleneck over 60?

I like SSDs.

It's not b8. I haven't bought PC hardware in over five years and was just going by Logical Increments recommendations. Do people not use it anymore?

do you not see how little sense your theories make?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4P9v7W
There, fixed it for you.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Y2BWTB
There's no reason going higher than that for 1080p 60fps. Even the 2060 is way overkill for that but it's the best value card right now.

OK 4chen, gimme update on 9700KF and availability of Strix 2080ti in West EU

How did I do? GPU is a 6GB 1060 from last build. My plan is to use it for about 8 years like I did for my Sandybridge build. Probably only upgrades being memory and video cards every 3-4 years. I'll use it for mmos and the occasional fps but nothing aaa with super high frame rates most likely.

Attached: 20190121_183209.jpg (4032x2268, 2.04M)

Didn't mean to reply to op

Shut up cunt

Hi. I use Linux for programming. I wish to go with a 2700X (possibly mini ITX). I have two 1440p displays, what graphics card should I go with? I don't play any games. Ryzen does not have integrated graphics.
Also what are some workstation-like, window-less pc cases? ATX, mini ITX, mirco

If 2060 had 8gb my gpu decision would be made already. But I can’t justify that cost for a 6GB card.
Navi when?

Every time you ask they will postpone the release by another week.

Pretty jelly. That's a nice setup.

>How did I do?
terrible. What made you think pairing $1000 worth of stuff with a 1060 would be a good idea? You could have build a better gaymen pc including a new gpu for that money.

Enlight me pls

>Do games even use 6gb of VRAM?
I have not played games since my early teens--afterall gaming is for children, right Jow Forums? Imagine all those hours you waste playing video games: you could started to workout and have gf, learn an instrument, or beocme a self taught programmer. But no, your still a fat, autistic weaboo.

Can I use high-speed RAM (3200) without overclocking the CPU?

Attached: Satania peephole.jpg (1682x1708, 1.98M)

I mean I you are crazy you could get yourself a Silverstone ML09 and put the 2700x with a WX4100 low profile GPU in there. No need to really pay the Pro-tax though. here's what I would do (Not sure what you program that requires a 2700x but ok):
pcpartpicker.com/list/9sPGzY

If a 2700X is overkill--what do yoiu recomend?

Any suggestions on a bluray burner/writer

Well I think a 2700 would be the better choice. Easier on the thermals and cheaper. The 1700 would be even cheaper, they are throwing these out for often under 160$ with the drawback of slower clocks and marginally worse ram support. For shits and giggles you could really build it in this case (I own this as my home theater PC) but it's gonna be really tight:
pcpartpicker.com/list/yy3v7W

More sensible would be something like this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/wYtRXP
Do you need an optical drive? Would you rather have a mini tower like for example the EVGA Hadron or Fractal Nano?

The one that's cheapest, preferably Panasonic. Make sure it can play back the latest UHD 3D stuff and comes with the playback software.

Attached: 1548114678298.png (542x561, 348K)

Attached: 1548114739101.png (542x561, 402K)

No

faggot

Attached: 1548114799856.png (540x400, 204K)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/yy3v7W
Why did you choose the AMD WX series. Open source drivers?

Haha, get fucked nigger

because it was the only AMD low Profile card with at least two digital monitor ports. You could get a Geforce GT1030 but AMD is the easier life in Linux. Also the WX 2100 wasn't that expensive compared to the non pro counterpart.

Can't I just buy a high-end NUC. Money is not a problem.

Any feedback? Max budget is 2500usd
Gonna be used mainly for gaming ( multiplayer at 1440p/high refresh and single player at 4k/ aiming at medium preset 50 - 60 ish fps)
Alrady have a Corsair 540 and two 2 tb hdd´s
pcpartpicker.com/list/qq383b

Oh in that case yes. The Hades Canyon NUCs are the fastest machines you can cram into the smallest form factor. I was a bit confused by the "workstation-like" part. If you want to conserve money you should build yourself a mATX machine but if not the NUCs are a great space saving alternative.
I don't care about the normal NUCs (the gray ones, often with Notebook hardware) at all though.

Get a PG279QZ and get b-die RAM, also get a better mobo like the X470 Gaming Carbon Pro from MSI.

With the highest-end NUC kit, I know it will be more than enough to run Gentoo terminal based applications, but will it be able to provide me a snappy experiance on Windows 10 when dual booted. I occassionally use Fusion 360 too for my 3d printer. WIll it be capable. Thanks so much for the help, desu.

>The one that's cheapest, preferably Panasonic. Make sure it can play back the latest UHD 3D stuff and comes with the playback software.

Does the type of playback software matter at all? I heard Nero is awful

Thanks to DRM thers no free software afaik that has native movie playback for blu ray. VLC can do it but needs to be slightly molded. The burning software doesn't matter, I haven't used such stuff in years.

Yes, they are actually powerful. It's basically a 7700k with a RX560 glued in.

What voltage do you guus run your system fans at? I just populated my last system fan and set them all to 7.2v

I haven't built a PC in a long time. Is AMD considered competitive now? Do their drivers still suck?

Were can I find a wiring diagram for the power switch of a: HP Compaq 6200 Pro Series motherboard?

Attached: 1547895689045.gif (440x246, 743K)

I don't think that's a question that we can answer in this general. Try to go to .

acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/model/UM.HX1SA.A05

Got this for $400 inc shipping. Is this a good tie in to a 2600x/1080ti?

It should, specially if is G--Sync compatible.

How is this looking, got some advice last thread
pcpartpicker.com/list/YXM3QZ

Not for games, but I do use CAD. Just want something that will last 5 years+

Also, does anyone have a setup like a KVM switcher to swap their monitors/controls between a PC and a laptop? I want to set this up with my work laptop (don't want to do remote desktop since the security on the laptop doesn't play nice with it). Is there any way I can make my build more easily facilitate doing this?

Says it’s AMD freesync. Here’s hoping it’s one of the approved ones

My 1080 Ti gets to 80C under full load. It's not even overclocked. Is this bad?

Are those things(twin tower air cooler) heavy? I think they are really cool and would love to put my 212x to rest but I'm so afraid of this shit being so heavy it would bent my mobo.

I run almost the exact same rig and I use CAD, Revit, & fusion360 every day

it's a great CPU for revit renders, the GPU can easily handle 4 1440p monitors, & 16gb can handle 10-12 large dwg files open at a time

youll be ight

are your fans at 100% when it gets that high? is 80 the highest you've seen it? that's pretty toasty but it's nothing to panic over. what model? could be something up with your case cooling

the oem fan profiles are trash
this

setup some custom fan profiles user

I want a better GPU from my HTPC. Currently using a 7950 going to swap with a 1080 that I have in my main pc. I want a new card that is better then the 1080 and can't decide between a 2070 or 2080.

They’re about 1.4kg

Fans are about 80% at that temp. It's the highest I've seen., it's a MSI Gaming X. Case is good for air cooling, but I haven't cleaned the filters in like a year.
What kind of profile should I do user?

>the Meshify ETA keeps getting pushed back at my local shop
Reeeeeeee I haven’t everything else just deliver my case already.

Is it worth holding out for this case? What are some similar price range cases? Needs to fit a Kraken 62 in the front

>haven’t cleaned the filters in like a year
What the fuck user? I clean mine monthly and they’re always clogged by that time. You could easily regain 5c I reckon

you should be fine, depending on your card

>but I haven't cleaned the filters in like a year.
you should do that asap.
>What kind of profile should I do user?
assuming you're fine with idle temps, just use msi afterburner and bump the fans up to 90% at 80 and see what happens.

>haven't cleaned the filters in like a year.
jesus fookin christ user
thats your first step
then, imo you do what said and watch temp whiles fiddling w/ fan%

;_; It's a bottom intake case so I've just been too lazy to rotate my 50lb case to take the filter off (it's magnetic, just sticks to the bottom of the case, no screws)
How do you even clean filters? Vacuum? Water?
The fans don't turn on until 50C and it idles at around 35C. How does this look user?
I pay someone to clean my house every 2 weeks so I didn't think it would get this dusty.
The interior of the case is still spotless but the filter seems pretty dirty...

Attached: fan curve.png (395x628, 16K)

What is a cheap, reliable 200GB 2.5" SSD I can store a couple games on?

That’s hardly an excuse user c’mon. Look after your expensive LEGO.
>how do you even clean filters
Vacuum with the brush attachment does a good job and is what I do routinely. Every second or third month I do that and wash the filter in water and hang dry.

well, now you know its dirty
so fookin clean it m8

>How do you even clean filters? Vacuum? Water?
well if they arent too nasty you can just vacuum
but id recommend taking it outside and blasting it with a leaf blower if you don't have canned air or a pc blower