Why hasn't Microsoft done this already?

Why hasn't Microsoft done this already?

youtu.be/9ULDCUvgkSQ

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oNXzMBA9VU4
wintips.org/how-to-turn-off-windows-10-updates-permanently/
gog.com/forum/sea_dogs_series/display_fix_if_colors_are_all_messed_up_windows_7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>muh motion graphics
win10 is better

Do you really think they could do that without fucking it up?

god it's so beautiful

>that music
Well, I never thought I'd get to use this Wojakd pic again, yet here I am

Attached: sicksicksick.png (442x428, 154K)

boomer kino

Attached: take it take it.jpg (500x309, 36K)

I don't know why you guys shit on windows 10 so much. I've been a PC user since windows 98 and windows 10 is really not as bad as Jow Forums makes it out to be.

I've been liking it

a 2018 windows XP remastered edition would just be a step backwards

This looks absolutely fucking awful and it would be a bastardization of an OS that was good. Like a shitty reboot of a good old movie.

>remastered
>it's uglier

Windows 10 is buggy and anal about file permissions
it's a straight downgrade from Windows 7

>that wallpaper
Here I thought I wasn't going to cry

XP on a ssd is so fast it's not even funny. all it needs is UAC and a decent scheduler.

>XP needs UAC

Go set yourself on fire, you stupid sack of shit.

Looks fucking disgusting tb.h

What? It's just a UI skin for Windows 10? It doesn't even look good.

>windows XP is unsupported
>windows 7 is going to become unsupported in a mere year
I hate Windows 10 so much.

Attached: 1545671997144.jpg (700x816, 254K)

>Microsoft
>doing anything UI related beyond the bare necessities

XP needs Linux kernel, not NT rubbish with constant BSODs.

just upgrade to windows 10 like a good cuck

Those BSODs were mostly caused by kernel mode drivers. Once Microshaft started coercing developers into writing them in user mode with error recovery, the BSODs stopped.

The manufacturers were paying chinks, pablos and pajeets to write drivers, whereas Microsoft's are written in Redmond.

Video is just a concept. Point is why hasn't Microsft remastered XP already, do you think they'll even do it?

You got no way to counter his argument so you got to do the personal attacks method.

youtu.be/oNXzMBA9VU4
;-;

I could see them adding it as an optional skin for the next windows update. They removed the option to go back to the "classic" theme and people seemed pretty upset, so it's possible that they might add window themes again and incorporate the XP look in a...retro-future way...I guess

Why doesn't old software work on Windows 10? It's not new it's just different. Truly advanced technology would be able to do old tasks better as well as the new tasks.

Attached: rezgfx.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

you got down syndrome

This is just W10 without the 7/8/10 ribbon

Attached: is_it_crack.jpg (680x506, 34K)

STOP IT

Attached: 1739374951620.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

wow I forgot about that Gregorian chant they threw in

yet it does retard, without UAC you absolutely have to install an antivirus suite because everything is hypersensitive.

>Linux kernel
we've all seen how that turned out in the last 25 years for the desktop with a million distros and 1.98% market share.

I have never heard this due to Windows XP missing Realtek drivers.

Attached: 1450803441259.png (331x260, 7K)

Attached: what-a-shame-954595.png (500x711, 150K)

I just tried to use XP and 7 on a VM (to test some IE related BS). They feel pretty dated compared to 10 tbqh

It just works so much worse than Windows 7 does.

Mostly with respect to the Start menu, and the quality of the search results it returns, and how hard it is to find other system configuration options.

windows 10 reboots itself without warning me because notifications have been broken for about a year so i dont get windows update warnings
8 never had notification problems and it didnt reboot itself
10 also resets my default browser to edge periodically, and advertises edge when i open firefox
i've also had updates break drivers multiple times. never had that on xp, 7, or 8 (had no internet in 2k so i couldnt download updates)

>you absolutely have to install an antivirus

lmao, are you posting from a coma, because you're fucking brain dead

Attached: img_5b2d7480d69d2.png (650x300, 15K)

On old browser you can disable javascript. On new browsers you have to download extensions that track you.

they don't? unless you use the garbage start menu they're basically the same

>windows longhorn 2.0
Oh boy...

The only reason I click "update later" is because there's no option to "update never."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

backwards compatibility is hard
if i was in charge of MS i probably wouldve dropped it long ago and just told people to use VMs
even AMD cant properly implement VME so you cant properly emulate pre-nt windows and dosbox doesnt work for some stuff

this gave me ptsd

>dog
>not Merlin

Attached: 1518069502940.jpg (220x250, 7K)

The 5 minutes time investment of setting this up will pay itself the next first thursday next month
wintips.org/how-to-turn-off-windows-10-updates-permanently/

>telling your user base to stop wanting the only thing which keeps them using your product in the first place
You would make an excellent CEO. Didnt you worked at nokia few years ago?

Because all the zoomers working currently at microsoft have no idea how the ancient spaghetti code of the windows operating systems actually works. It's a miracle windows 10 is as functional as it is (note: still a piece of shit). The more they change things the more things will break. It's only downhill from here.

Search for the settings and you don't have to do any work to find them. Though over time they keep migrating more and more to the new settings menu so not as necessary as a few years ago. I never have problems with search at all though so no idea what you're on about in the first place.

They have.

Attached: 1523193655621.png (640x353, 251K)

>pandering to nostalgiafags
kys already

Rude.

The amount of Dalit scum win10 pajeeting ITT is disturbing.

>Shit music
>Shit design
>Ameer Kahn
Brown people are naturally autistic, huh

>muh flat fucking everything
>muh transparency
>muh material
It's dogshit

I don't understand why you faggots put this on such a pedestal. It's still fucking windows, you just like it because you grew up on it.

Imagine going through all this trouble instead of installing an OS that respects your autonomy

At my company we call switching from Windows 10 to Windows 7 an upgrade

You are kidding yourself if you think this was any better on old windows versions

Lol I turned this off in the first ten minutes of getting windows 10 I honestly don’t understand how in a technology board so many people think it’s some gargantuan task to go to services.msc and turn off updates, like it’s really that easy. Is it because everyone not retarded is using gentoo or what the fuck

>Flatshit
Dropped. The entire point of making a new version of XP or Win7 is that they are NOT flatshit.

> want to upgrade to Zen2 later this year
> have to use Windows 10 instead of 7
> mfw

I already have Windows 10 on my laptop and I hate it so goddamn much.

Attached: jackie chan.jpg (395x453, 25K)

It killed the LAN for me and other people as well, I can't share files nor a fucking printer anymore. Also tried the ltsc version and didn't work.

Ended up installing a distro to my family. They are really happy with Deepin now, as I am.

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_20190117153610.png (1600x900, 1.1M)

Is zen2 going to be completely incompatible with win7 or is just going to be the USB driver issue?

>bluescreen
Just like in the good ol days
Vista was superior

>windows xp remaster
>uses Cortana
Into the fucking trash it goes.

Tell us how you feel about Obama, user.

Obtain Win10 Pro tablet - admittedly, maybe 2-3 years old, but twas op of range $800, 128 GB, all bells and whistles.
Reset. Win10 reinstall, 'updates' - consecutively, through every friggin version since (why?) - 3 fucking days later (not kidding) Fucking POS has now used over 65GB of the 111GB free usable. JUST for fucking win10.
Clear Space - says it can reclaim 20+ GB. Stops responding 3 times. This is another fucking 2 days later. STILL NOT DONE.
Win10 can die in a fucking fire, as can its proponents. FUCKING POS.

>all it needs is useless piece of garbage that only wastes resources and bugs you to click extra 'ok' button over every little thing
right

What's better 8.1 or 7?

Don't think they'd consider anything more than an XP skin, but could be cool, MS seems to like their personalization and themes.

This looks like some shitty kde theme.

It's just windows 10 with new gui on top. Probably will suck, nothing interesting really

Why don't they just offer classic mode? For all the bitching about privacy and forced updates we all know the real reason there are so many holdouts is babyducksyndrome. Give classic UI and they will all gladly gobble down Microsoft cock

Attached: pc-classic-hand.jpg (970x545, 141K)

You can fix this by opening the "Monitor" tab of the "advanced" screen resolution tab in win7. It shouldnt work and makes no sense but it does.
gog.com/forum/sea_dogs_series/display_fix_if_colors_are_all_messed_up_windows_7

you dont need to switch to 16 bit just open the window and launch the game again lol.
if it works for the tone rebeillion it'll work for starcraft

Windows 10 is without competition the best windows yet. Unfortunately its still windows.

what makes the taskbar and menu look like that? Really slick transparency. Is it available on Manjaro?

This but unironically.
Also because snice it was around for like 15 years it finally got decent driver support unlike every other version of windows.
>install fileseek
>problem solved
still using win7 here

>flatshit everywhere and the nu-startmenu
Disgusting.
They should just take xp. Modernize the low rez icons, add security patches and support for DX12.

Would have to be based on W10 anyway. But it would be a good excuse to remove all the garbage no one wanted since xp.

Probably later. Since most userbase is on Win7 still.

This completely misses the point. It's just Windows 10 with a different name.

W10's core is fine. It's the UI that's a dumpsterfire.

> awful flatshit design
no

the pajeets at M$ can't even get the default UI looking fine and they come up with this crap

you know that unsupported operating systems are still usable, i still sometimes use older os like xp, vista and there's no problem with them

> 7
> basically the same as 10
on 7 your cpu and disk won't go up to 100% when you're not doing anything

is it hard to type with microsofts dick up your ass?

it fuckin was.

>mixing flat tiles with rounded corners

Attached: 1519945366125.jpg (500x378, 68K)

Deepin DE aka DDE

I just tried changing my wallpaper. Apparently that''s not allowed in Windows 10 if it's a certain size.

This sounds like a Vista sock-pupprt script with all the mentions of "Vista" replaced by "Windows 10".
Reputation management still functioning?

Just make a XP theme?

That's a tablet problem, not a Windows problem

It wasn't you zoomer piece of trash

>those low-res bitmaps
>that awful cinematic cover of a song from Grease
>all the stupid flat shit from Metro with rounded corners that don't belong there
this is like someone's first "I learned how to use Photoshop and UI design is my passion" project

Fully compat with GNU/linux :^)

gtk3-theme when?