How much low intensity steady state cardio should someone do a day to lose weight?

How much low intensity steady state cardio should someone do a day to lose weight?

Attached: Walking.jpg (460x345, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8G8tLsl_A4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oops wrong board

just eat less

>low intensity
never gonna make it

nvm i figured it out

Zero, you lose weight by not eating.
Not by running like a retatd

C L E N B U T E R O L

By installing Gentoo.

don't worry, you're diet is too awful anyway

It depends on how many calories you're eating. If You can run for 5 miles a day but if you're eating 4,000 calories worth of cakes and cookies you won't lose weight. All that matters is that you burn more calories than you take in. Physics dictates that's all you need to lose weight

>cardio
never gonna make it

Prolonged cardio means less weight loss with each session. Instead try doing intermittent fasting and limiting your caloric intake for a deficit. Also hit the gym and lift heavy af. If you want cardio you can do it like twice a week and make it HIIT as it burns a lot more cals

Just install a new OS that has a better cardio program. Let the program run automatically every day or 69 minutes.

Attached: a_ov_Pepe_160928.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

This are you retarded OP

I forgot to say that it's very important that you fix your lifestyle as a whole. Ditch fast food, sweets, sugary drinks and fat will just melt away.

Alright let's wrap this discussion up. Locking this thread for being off topic.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the former.

I've been eating healthy home cooked for for 10 years and I never drink soda or eat desserts or candy and I'm still fat

Depends on your caloric intake. If you’re eating light then you don’t need a lot of cardio. If you’re eating heavy you’re gonna have to do a lot of cardio. Basically calculate how many calories you burn daily without exercise and compare to your intake. You wanna aim for 100 to 500 calorie deficit daily.

>exercise to lose weight
you exercise to build muscle, not lose weight. The largest you'd be able to burn in a day is ~500kcal with extremely high intensity cardio, fatty. You certainly won't be able to achieve that though.
STOP EATING, RETARD

Attached: 1546376927818.jpg (800x619, 140K)

Bread and starchy vegetables are just as bad as soda / desserts / candy.

Then why have people been eating them as the staple of their diets since the invention of agriculture

Two hours of moderate cardio is 750 calories easy plus your metabolism stays high for a couple of hours afterwards.

top cringe

about 20 minutes if you're consistent
reduce caloric intake to 2000-3000 cals

People have been getting fat since the invention of agriculture.

only nobility, everyone being fat is a modern thing

Morbid obesity only became common recently. It is the lack of self control, coupled with a culture of instant gratification and the easy availability of calorie-dense food everywhere.

People ate bread and rice in the middle ages. Keto is nice, but you have gone full Bible-thumper with it.

Basal metabolic rate is an average of 2000 calories a day with being somewhat active, add a Max of 500 for 90 solid minutes of exercise and that means only 1500 Average left a day if you wish to keep a deficit of 1000 a day. That means you burn a pound of fat every 3 days. Good luck keeping on track

Let me put it this way.
2 cups of mashed potatoes and 2 slices of white bread, with some canned corn as sides is basically the same as eating an entire fucking 8" cake or 4 glazed donuts.

Just remember, diet AND exercise

As recent as the popularity of high fructose corn syrup. Nothing wrong about it except you still feel hungry as the enzyme which breaks glucose to fructose is that which signals hunger

>Nothing wrong about it except you still feel hungry as the enzyme which breaks glucose to fructose is that which signals hunger
Can I have some sources? As a fat man who is trying to lose weight, my personal experience is in line with your statement (drink soda, still hungry), but some sources would be good.

refined sugar is absorbed into the bloodstream very quickly so if you arent using that energy its going to be making you fatter
I dont know why you think soda is supposed to make you not-hungry

>the enzyme which breaks glucose to fructose is that which signals hunger
This is the statement I am wondering about. Do you have sources for this?

He's talking about insulin.
If you eat sugar your insulin spikes and it makes you hungry when it drops back down, you essentially go through calorie withdrawals.

If you stick to slower digesting carbohydrates it isn't as bad but still happens, albeit on a longer time scale.

If you cut carbs to like 10% or less the effect on your insulin levels is fairly profound, they basically completely even out and the cravings that cause you to overeat lessen or disappear entirely.

Not the same guy
but it doesn't matter, HFCS isn't unique in making people fat, people are fat in non-American first world countries too, soda is just a large amount of sugar you don't need

Fucking kek

Too lazy to give sources but that enzyme isn't the sole regulator of hunger. Just if you are literally starving yourself at 1500 Cal a day and you drink a 150 Cal soda that's ten percent of your allowed intake that you don't feel

just find your unhappy place and slip into extreme depression and you'll drop 10 pounds per week

I should clarify, it makes you hungry when your blood sugar drops back down and insulin is still elevated. It fucks with your metabolism so your body is doing a roller coaster where its signaling intense hunger after every meal that contains sugar.

How do I enable bbcode on this forum?

Exercise will fix the underlying issue that made you fat in the first place: your body slipping from "light and fit activity mode" to "hibernation mode".
Your body does not want to jiggle when you jog. Your body does not want to feel the strain of the weight on your joints. Your body does not want rolls to get in the way when you stretch from side to side. Activity will reset your appetite to a setting where the issues it sees with itself will melt away.

Calorie restriction is the dumbest thing you can do to lose weight. You haven't reset a damn thing and your body will race to get back to where it thinks it belongs. You will be nothing but a yo-yo dieter.

Exercise will reacquaint your body with its actual nutrition needs.

This is the most retarded bro-science I've ever read

>banana healthy, so not fattening

fire up excel you dumb fat ass
count *everything*, liquids included

Did the nazi concentration camp survivors stay at their svelte 70lb weights? No, they put the weight back on.
Starvation does not work.

oh I know I eat too much I'm just saying, if all it took was "healthy" food then it would be easy

[ c o d e]
without spaces oc
[/code]

The idea is you eat less calories permanently, genius

20 minutes daily will suffice
sounds not a lot, but people can't keep up after 3 days
keep it for 40 days
once you hit the 4 months mark, mix things up and do something different, like lifting 3 times a week, a running a bit less
hormonally speaking, daily cardio kills your hungry levels. It is good for fatty fellas, but further down the line, it can legit give you an almost vomit sensation all day, so you have to balance it with some resistance training, or just avoid it for some days and then go back

Thank you so much. This responsible moderation has inspired me to put my ads back on the 4channel.
t. Bang's root beer CEO

I pace back and forth in my room for about 30 minutes a day while listening to csgo podcasts

Attached: 1471449916972.jpg (435x497, 53K)

>Calorie restriction is the dumbest thing you can do to lose weight.
It's literally the only way to do it dumbass, weight loss/gain is 90% diet, of course you shouldn't just looking at calories but nutrition is very much key here.

>low intensity

Attached: [U3-Web] revisions 2019 - EP01 [WEB 1920x1080 AVC E-AC-3] [Subs(Eng,Jp)].mkv_snapshot_02.13_[2019.01 (1920x1080, 187K)

drink lots of water op

stop eating shit you dumb nigger

Kek

Everyone knows if you want to lose weight you should go on keto diet.

Eat the cabbage soup, it takes more calories to digest than it provides.

What technology can make me lose weight, Jow Forums?

Eat crushed ice. Your body will use up calories to maintain core temperature.

>crushed ice
That doesn't sound very sophisticated.

I suppose you could do the same thing by holding a refrigerated pipe in your armpit. You'd need to be careful to make sure it doesn't go too low and and up with a frost burn..

45min-1hr, 5 days a week

Diet is more important

Stop eating carbs

t. lost 200 lbs

>45min-1hr, 5 days a week
Ain't got no time for that, bud.

Eat one meal a day and you'll find the time to exercise.

>one meal a day
But then I won't get no energy to do programming.

Make time you lazy shit. Go jogging after work. That's what I did for a year. Also, regular Jow Forums if you want to be bullied for being a fatass and get motivated.

>Ain't got no time for that, bud.
Never gonna make it

You're not programming anyway so that won't be a problem.

Y-you don't know that!

READ THE STICKY. IT'S THE FUCKING DINOSAUR. HOW DO YOU NOT SEE A DINOSAUR?

do intervals/tabatas, they are the most effective

Guy that lost 100 pounds in about 9 months here.
Just eat less. You can't out walk food. One doughnut has about an hour of walking worth of calories.
I just limited myself to 1200 to 1500 calories per day, and if one day I over ate it was no big deal because I'd still be at a defect for the week.
I need to start eating better again and quit drinking too, I gained a lot of weight back

Attached: Screenshot_20190122-083409_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1440x2960, 310K)

Just delete System32

Also agree about going to Jow Forums
Loved reading the fat hate threads there

>wanted to lose weight back in 2015
>start eating no more than 1700 cal per day
>go from 220 to 160lbs
>mfw someone tells me calorie restriction isn't effective

Attached: Anri.jpg (1250x2533, 1016K)

kek, that bounce
>I made it to under 200lbs, time to reward myself and pig out
>but only for a day
>but only for a week
>but only for a month
>oh shit oh shit oh shit
>I can make it
>a 225lbs is fine too
>I can make it
>oh fuck this shit you only live once
Godspeed

What app?

now try 1700 per week
>mfw taking the fast-pill

Nobody said just eat healthy food. You can eat shit and still lose weight (but you'll suffer malnutrition).
What matters is calories in versus calories burned.

Exercise is an essential activity everyone should do daily, but exercise wont do fuckall for weight loss if you're not disciplining your daily intake of calories.

In other words, put down the fucking fork and stop binge eating and/or drinking soda. It's hard to do, but if you want to lose weight, it's you're only healthy choice.

Medfag here. 150 minutes/ week is the standard

If anything, this is proof that the Holocaust never happened.

does high-intensity jerking it to thai ladyboys count as cardio

myfitnesspal, I found it has the biggest library of upcs included
Mostly just that I got stressed and started to drink again and am really struggling to quit. And I eat a lot of shit when I'm drunk lol

yes

Numbers are numbers so no argument there, however your metabolism does consume more calories at rest when doing high intensity training like lifting within 36 hours. Yes, you can eat even less and match whatever deficit exercise produces, but the point is that working out helps out even outside the exercise itself.

Also, working out is the single most beneficial thing you can do for yourself. Looking good is secondary.

in the rear with the clear
i think that's how that reference goes anyway

30 mins normal cardio + 10 mins HIIT, twice a week
Heavy lifting 4 days/week
t. Jow Forums

This. Weight loss (or gaining muscle) is 80% diet.

To lose weight: eat fewer calories than you burn. Can't beat physics, you will lose weight.

To gain muscle: eat more calories than you burn, increase protein intake, and lift heavy weights at the gym. That means drink more milk and eat more peanut butter, meat, and fish; not more cake. Fatass.

>lmoa diont' do cardio
I wish this fucking meme would die. The good news is if you follow it, you will. Cardio is fundamentally more important than resistance training when it comes to overall health.

Both are important. Cardio is significantly more so. I say this as someone who lifts 3 days a week and can deadlift 400 pounds as a 165 pound guy. You are wrong.

>Calorie restriction is the dumbest thing you can do to lose weight.

I swear to god if there are actually this many fucking mouthbreathing retards with a fundamental lack of understanding of any kind of science, you're a cuck if you haven't made millions selling "lose weight fast lmao" books to retards like this guy.

Attached: 1547962015045.jpg (395x401, 59K)

Ignore these retards, listen to what an actual medical professor has to say: youtube.com/watch?v=T8G8tLsl_A4

tl;dw UC San Francisco medical professor explains how modern "sugar" (high fructose corn syrup) is not processed like actual sugar, does not signal the end of hunger like actual sugar, and the body basically treats it like ethanol - a poison.

But seriously dude
>actually drinking soda in 2019
You might as well be smoking cigarettes and tanning while you're at it.

Attached: 1522085445896.jpg (383x681, 46K)

I drink only zero cal soda but i really wish i could stop.
Some sweeteners may be really bad for the body apparently. Here in europe, coca cola uses 3 different kinds including one not approved in USA. No idea if other crap in there can be damaging as well.

>bounce back up over 50 fucking pounds
>"lmoa got below 200, now I never have to work out again and I can go back to eating shit"

Honest question though, why don't you care? I mean, why don't you care enough to permanently change your habits?

kek

Something like this is good. Mix cardio and resistance training. imo the ideal mix for your "average person" is 50/50 cardio/weights (in terms of time spent).

No-calorie sweeteners still fuck up your body's insulin (that's a hormone, btdubs) levels.

But soda in general is so fucking retardedly bad for you. Bad for your teeth, bad for your gut, bad for your endocrine system, bad for literally everything in your body. Drinking soda is like smoking, you should really, really stop user. You'll instantly feel better and it will only continue to improve.

sometimes i want a flavored drink. i don't have many other pleasures in life. i do like OJ it's as caloric as HFCS soda.
i would trade flavored drinks for one hug a week i guess.

if you like eating then 45 min/day 5/6 days a week

I did care but I became depress.
I'll fix it when I beat alcohol

fitfag here who has been using steroids in the past with bulk/cut cycles.
the ONLY way to lose weight is to track your calories and eat less calories than you need.
1. if you track every meal and soda that you drink you will instantly notice which are the major players in your diet and can adjust accordingly
2. meme diets like keto, veganism only work because you are consuming less calories
3. you can even do a cut on a pizza and soda diet, i know because i have done that. just track how much calories you are taking in.
4. you don't even need to exercise if you are a lazy faggot, but it does help quite a bit.
5. figure out how much calories your body REALLY needs. to do this, eat 2k calories for a week and measure your weight every day. you will see that you are either gaining weight or losing weight, then adjust by +-100 kcal for the next week until you are no longer gaining or losing weight.
6. once you found that out, it's a simple matter of subtracting 300kcal from that to calculate your daily kcal for losing weight.
7. cutting more than 500kcal from your diet per day is not recommended. i have done a 1k+ deficit before and even with steroids i felt like crap and my libido took a hit. not to mention i lost a lost of muscle in the process. you can lose weight very quickly, if i remember correctly i lost 5kg (around 10 pounds) in about a week on a massive deficit, but don't do that shit to yourself, not worth the torture. slow and steady wins the race.
8. as others have mentioned, sugar is basically crap. avoid it. unfortunately it's laced into nearly everything you buy. sugar is an easy way to gain weight because of its kcal density. soda pops are one of the reasons why people get fat.

Attached: arnie.png (1024x705, 298K)