*runs perfectly without the Linux kernel*

*runs perfectly without the Linux kernel*

Explain this, freetards

Attached: 7DF309CF-443C-44EB-9BC3-80F52D1F53B2.jpg (700x417, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/873
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Windows Subsystem for Linux, is in fact, Windows Subsystem for GNU, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Windows.

??

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

>let me post an irrelevant image to derail the discussion

>Posting 2 year old, 3 builds ago bugs
lmao so desperate

Windows is being ported to linux so they just use kernel, that's already there.

Attached: microsoft-loves-linux.png (770x467, 163K)

It doesn't run "perfectly" though.

From my use of it, it RUNS the programs but slowly, Especially I/O is horrific. Using git takes MINUTES where it would take 3 seconds natively.

Also you can't use docker inside it, so you end up using docker in your windows install, then running WSL to connect to docker stuff and it's just a fucking shitshow.

If you have something working inside WSL you still aren't given linting etc, so whatever you use has to be debuggable and lintable inside windows anyway, if you install a module that doesn't work with windows then you'll just see that the application can't be run, even if it works inside WSL.

It's not a real solution, just a minor workaround.

I mean when they haven't been fixed in 2 years and 3 builds that's kind a problem.

>imagine shilling for the botnet this hard
the current state of Jow Forums is outright pathetic

Okay. Now try mounting a USB device formatted in ext* and dd an image to it.

fpbp

SEETHING

+1 there was actually a github issue where an M$ engineer explained why the IO was so slow on WSL. Was pretty interesting.

WSL is convenient when you need a terminal to do some trivial tasks. When you need to do more serious work, its just objectively better to use linux natively (or at least a full vm)

>GNU+Windows
It's GNU+NT, you twat. The Windows userland is replaced by GNU while the Linux kernel is replaced by NT.

How’s that I/O performance looking champ?

Ooooooohhh yes masa you gwon make me squirt wit dat Windows shilling.

Nigger.

Attached: 6085AED9-62B5-4F20-99C9-574D8789F1B5.jpg (1440x907, 150K)

Had the problem just yesterday. Program is in the "last installed" but a search doesn't find it.

>Explain this, freetards
Free software can be easily ported to any OS and architecture.

>runs perfectly
github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/873

>the Linux kernel
As opposed to a different Linux?

works on my machine