BIOS Modding - Update OROM for Intel VT

Well, here is my problem.

Windows 10 did not want to update for me and I let it get way out of date. The reason for this is I had to turn off Intel Virtualization Tech. in the bios for it to update past 1703 or 1709. Not really sure on the version number but you get the point. The motherboard is an ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme.

Now I have dabbled in modding a BIOS, and even found some sites that someone is already modding and updating the OROM's and putting it there for you to download.

What OROM would have the update for Windows 10 so I can have Intel Virtualization Tech. enabled and windows still boots?

Anyone know of any good sites dealing with BIOS modding? So far most of what I found for my board is from bios-mods.com.

Attached: 2015-09-08_00001.jpg (997x693, 120K)

Self bumping to say PREASE!

PREASE someone help me with this!

downgrade the bios

flash gentoo

Super helpful guy.

Did make me laugh tho.

I don't think it will fit

you could try LTSC or LTSB
if you're running VM's thats the only reason to need virtualization anyways. Its most likely disabled because its a huge security risk on Intel processors still

Attached: 5.png (1417x2000, 2.19M)

also stop namefagging OP

Install seabios and gentoo.

Yea, I like to run VM's and is the main reason I want to enable it.

I've seen plenty of bios modding sites - cant remember a thing about where they are though. I think anyone sane would read them and never actually take what they say as either accurate or true. You fuck with modding the bios you gonna brick your board. Not that I give a shit about other people bricking their board, just the reason I dont flash my boards with a modded bios.

Google it FFS

also I stopped namefagging

will it not post if you're on a later version of windows? can you just disable it, update, and then just re-enable it? I don't recall having that problem with my 3750k with HT and VT enabled, I was running 1809 with no problems

As I said earlier I have a Rampage 3 Extreme, which has built in dual bios and offline bios flashing, and have dabbled with modding my bios is the past(I just updated RST for trim). Now there is a download readily available and I don't have to mess around with loading OMOD's into a bios file.

I have googled it a little and that's how I found bios-mods.com. I was specifically searching for my board though. I don't even know where to begin as far as what OMOD is going to need to be updated so that I can turn Intel VT back on.

Kinda the whole point of me asking here.

Thanks for your solid and enlightening response. I truly appreciate all the effort it took for you to push buttons and act like you know enough about something to be an ass about it.

It posts just fine.

Once you get to Windows 10 boot/logo it freezes.

It's just an old board so ASUS doesn't update it anymore and something needs to be updated for Windows 10 in order to have Intel-VT enabled and still be able to boot into Windows.

I tried re-enabling after updating and it freezes.

It's a first gen i7. In your case you had a third gen i7.

Alright then.

Thanks anyways.

Oh I wasnt being an ass about it, I was actually being a dick

bios modding
>windows
*keked hard

I noticed that
yet there he is accusing me of being unknowledgeable hahahaha

AMD CPUs don't have that problem.

nice blog

bios-mods.com or win-raid.com try a fresh install OP if you haven't already or try virtualization on Linux.

i suppose trolls reading comprehension is very low.

Thanks for the laugh tho.

Thank you, surprised this thread was still up but you are about the only helpful person.

It's a screenshot from fallout 3