Is water cooling a meme?

is water cooling a meme?

Attached: B25B4222-ADC1-46D0-8CBE-0331BA340E58.jpg (1600x1200, 237K)

yes it is.
people have heard that their computer runs more efficiently the cooler it is. the coolant still has to be kept cool by a fan system hahahahaha

that's actually a very elaborate bong

No it is superior to use water as a heat sink than air.

In a computer tower? Probably not worth the energy and size. Purely aesthetic imo.

Attached: 1527458020088.png (680x740, 143K)

everyone I know who's got a water cooling system uses their pc for facebook youtube and only games like once every two weeks.
also I tried to explain to someone that it's not normal to have a water cooler and get 40C in idle and 70C in GTA with a stock midrange i5 but he wouldnt listen he thinks it works great and it's setup they way it should be.

That's how car engines work too, you know. Without the water/coolant in those, they overheat.

I want to set up a water loop such that the inside is vacuum sealed and only thing the fan and grill that are outside need cleaning. Is this feasible? Has anyone done it before?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but it seems you don't have a strong background in chemistry.

Awesome. Now let's find a computer that burns flammable liquids

What does chemistry have to do with basic physics
I just want no dust inside the case

some high performance engines are air cooled, like the one in the porsche 911.
engines have much larger sources of heat than a computer where the heat mostly comes from gpus and cpus which are small and dense heat sources.

Don't a lot of people have un-metered water? Why not use the city water supply to dispense with the pump and radiator, just keep running tap water through the system total loss.

Liquid can pull more heat quicker, dissipate it over a larger surface, for easier cooling. That's why it's good for OCing.

Of course, but most good things are.

Attached: 1548080671792.jpg (1600x1600, 452K)

This has been done, but these days people rarely have unmetered water or are uncomfortable with the idea of wasting it.

Not here. Plus it is generally not wise to throw away 2000 or something liters of purified water a day to be able to run a cooling fan alternative.

Apart from that, more than 9/10 of these things are deployed because they look flashy and make people feel good about having lower numbers [apart from higher numbers], not because there's any objective need.

What the hell are they cooling there?

one single can of monster energy ultra zero

Not if you use vodka

now thats a soft drink

I know someone that has hooked up some ASIC's to the floor heating in his house.

Why would I want to spend more time doing maintenance on my PC instead of gaming? For what like ten fps?

I bet he did not make a site about truth in the media.

watercooling stopped making sense around 2006-2007 when heat pipes coolers where easy to get access to the first one launched in 2005 but it wasn't stocked internationally and price was a issue.

my friend was into hardcore watercooling from 2001-2007 he lost all interest on it when he got a D14 and when I say hardcore I mean he was ordering blocks from guys that went on to found EK and stuff that where making 30batch runs etc.

watercooling has been pointless for about a decade you can make a argument for it with SLI but now that pcie extension cables are cheap to help you space out GPUs and put CPU coolers on them even that isn't a valid use.

>tfw fell for the AIO liquid cooling meme
Can't even remember the last time I felt such buyer's remorse.

Attached: 1418813119690.jpg (1018x728, 141K)

>people have heard that their computer runs more efficiently the cooler it is
to a very limited degree this is absolute right

only reason air-cooled engines fell out of favor is by EU noise limit laws and high tooling cost on >100hp engine cylinder heads.
If you dont give a fuck about Nox emission, air cooled engines can be more efficient than water cooled ones

Less of an efficiency thing and more of a "Boost clock" higher thermal headroom, longer it auto boosts. Fuck man, not that long ago if you wanted faster, you had to OC yourself. Listed speed was all you got otherwise.

Not at all. IT works, is efficient and you can get fan less types. I like the silence.

Yes because it's expensive, it needs more maintenance then air cooled, and you have to know eldritch alchemy to make sure you're not mixing radiator and plate metals, then you have fluid coolant and dyes and additives that make your PC more of a mad scientist lab. But at least we have moved on from aquarium pumps and plastic tubing fittings on rubber hoses. And finally the radiators. Getting the appropriate radiators for your case air flow, the fans, making sure they are big enough, making sure you can even fit them inside your case, and then when you are finally ready to purchase the whole kit and kaboodle, suppliers are out of stock every where except for some shady warehouse etailer that might have your part in stock, might send you a part that looks just like it with a 10% restocking fee, like playing russian roulette..

But, if you can navigate that maze, and get everything you need, bend your PTEG hardlines right, and set it up properly... You will have a cool, quiet, loop that can keep your system near idle levels of chilly at full loads.

So is it a meme? It's just very, very niche, and completely unnecessary.

This is doable, yes. Just do an aquarium build with mineral oil or something

where did these newfags come from?

t.oldfag

No shit. Pravda was a newspaper Joseph Stalin worked on in his younger years. Obvious satire

t. larper

t.nigger

>is water cooling a meme?
The way you do it, yes.

chemistry is basically physics, dude.
also you lower the boiling point of liquids when you reduce the pressure.

t. faggot

Yes. all along. But it looks cool.

The pressure in the lines will be the same.

>Had 240 cooler master AIO pump start making loud noises within a month
>Warrantied for a bequiet, same size.
>Starts making noise within 3 months.
>Warrantied out for for single tower 150w cooler (left over credit for a new PSU)
>Only 5°C difference under load

Fell for the meme, learnt my lesson.

Would like to build a custom loop for an SLI set up one day, but no way will I pay the money for that