Name something more fun and engaging than game development. Oh, that's right...

Name something more fun and engaging than game development. Oh, that's right, you can't because y'all work on boring accounting software. LMAO

Attached: 67c5213729c28ecd27ed72c412c00d25-d9gnq4u.png (1528x1156, 1016K)

game? looks nice is it 256color

Pretty sure it's just isometric pixel art piece. Would be a a nice style for a game tho

its a bit cluttered but other than that the individual elements look very nice

It's probably a practice piece

anyway game development is fun
but also extremely tedious
biggest problem is i never have any
original ideas so i abandon the project

its habbo hotel you absolute newfags

ah i see the resemblance now thx bro

I develop interactive experiences and I'd argue it's more fun. Although I haven't worked in the game industry so I'm not really qualified to say it's better.

We get creative briefs from some of the world's biggest brands, and often get to pitch our own and always get lots of creative freedom. It's a blend of designing interactions that work in the space that it'll be installed, figuring out what hardware we need to make it happen, hacking away at that hardware to get it to work under specific constraints, writing software full of physics simulations or social integrations or shader effects, then going on-site around the world to install them on tight deadlines.

How many sofas do you even own?

jokes on you I have 200+ IQ and I am super autistic, I like my data entry job

game dev job is shit. low pay, long hours, everlasting crunch, stress, peer pressure and in the end your game comes out and it's shit so you get fired

i remember owning a typo and a number of grass patches. sofas are low tier

we're gonna find out soon bros

Attached: firefox_Ebn9pFqPQA.png (2391x643, 120K)

Games are for children.

Cancer research.
Checkmate.

>making games is the same as playing them

Attached: 1547227416034.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

I only ever visited public pools

The problem with this is that programmers are usually not good artists.

There's three ways to solve that problem, generally speaking. a) become an artist b) pay out your ass to hire an artist c) find free art online

Oh and d) make your game have shitty or minimalist art on purpose, and call it an art style

Also I guess e) make a text adventure (but no one cares about those since the early 80s)

why can't people make games that look like this

what's an "interactive experience"

Try it, see how long you last before you give up.

Game developers have it good, once their product is out they can just abandon it and move on to something else, which is not an option for other traditional programming jobs, got to love having to support shitty old software forever with no chance to ever be able to do major rewrites

i did a 6 month contract with Mazda as part of university and our software had to support 32 bit Windows XP

Attached: mspaint_6QXlOV81p9.png (13x13, 675)

point

enterprise was a fucking mistake

Getting a programming job and just doing salaried work on a never-ending project sounds like absolute hell

Also when we have bugs we don't necessarily need to fix them at any point, unless they're game breaking. Fun, innit

you mean videogame research?

>Name something more fun and engaging than game development. Oh, that's right, you can't because y'all work on boring accounting software. LMAO
You make me cry

Attached: 1c.jpg (1240x580, 41K)

I bet you think working as a game tester is fun, too.

>imagine programming interactive monetization platforms

1$ has been deposited to your Activision employee bank account

Not every game relies on microtransactions, you know

Game development is one of those things where, unless you're developing an engine, yolo coding and horrible spaghetti usually gets you just far enough to release a good product. At the same time, game development likely requires the most varied set of skills to do.

i meant that videogames are cancer you dipshit

Yeh I can't. Gamedev is fun.
Finishing a game though, that's not fun.

is there any hope for video games with genuine personality and ideas in 2000 + 19

kickstarted indie games

No. And don't ask for any other subject either because the answer is no. There is no hope.

Fuck off and enjoy working at McDonalds, retard

Of course. Look at all the games being released today. Nothing but soulless crap. Like with any other artform, if you actually pour your heart into the product you can make a masterpiece.

True

Ill just leave this here.

in those days devs didnt have rpg makers, ready to use game engines, 8k resolution yet they managed to make a gem like pic related, it just shows how so clueless the so called devs are today, they have no idea what makes a game great.

Attached: 2013-games-beat-chrono-cross-island.png (500x330, 271K)

Everything is too streamlined and the focus is always on focus group research, which is a completely backwards way to develop a game or any other form or entertainment. Imagine if you started researching what readers read before you started writing a novel.

Writing a novel, or making a great game, requires individual though, it requires a genius and a complete disregard for whether or not the product will bomb or not. The moment games became an industry they mostly went to shit and it became streamlined for normies and their fast food tier gameplay. This is why I can't find a modern RPG that doesn't hold you by your hand throughout the whole game, and why FPSs today are nothing but linear corridors with 0% of you actually getting killed by someone.

This is also why indies are becoming more and more prominent. No worries though, this whole mentality will inevitably lead to a crash of some kind and after that true games will rise again from the ashes of mediocrity.

It's literally fucking Habbo hotel.

I got it, bro.

Whadda-mistaka-to-maka

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 15K)

Sex with hot girl friends

Welp. Can't argue with that

Fuck you, I make cool software that controls industrial machinery and shit.

Attached: objection.jpg (827x746, 385K)

so you make ads. fucking ebin bro

Imagine being this young that you don't remember the furni days

Cool, just be careful m8. Shit's dangerous, I know some horror stories about subtle bugs leading to people dying.

post them

Fite me, molecular dynamics simulations are fucking cash

>subtle bugs
>not so subtle results
watching people get caught in machinery and die because the off button doesnt work is good youtube

Nah. It's too specific, someone might recognize it and I don't want that. Needless to say someone died because of a single bit error in a bitfield. Test and overtest your shit if people's lives depend on it, please.

its likely, but its more likely you are just shtiposting

jesus christ you zoomers

I was just warning the user.

So reading Jow Forums is your day job?

Attached: codding is fun and easy.png (496x1122, 471K)

Joke's on you, i take 8k€ monthly making a game for degenerates on patreon. And i only work on it for few hours on weekend.

> work
> fun and engaging
Fucking millennials

I do programming for airplanes. Knowing your code is furthering US supremacy is much more fun and engaging.

How the fuck are you supposed to go behind that desk on the bottom left? Stupid worldbuilding.

Attached: 72717595_p0.jpg (462x496, 191K)

>he can't conceive of joyful work
I'm sad for you user

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

go drink some brains zombie

It's Habbo Hotel. The brown thing on the desk's left is a gate that can be opened by clicking it. If you have rights, that is.

>crash
lol. i bet you're one of those people who gets irrationably angry at notches on phones. the focus on market research is exactly the reason gaming is such a huge market today. if people didnt buy piece-of-shit cash grabs, nobody would fucking make them. guess what though, people eat that shit up. why bother spending time putting effort into a unique experience when you can just look at whats trending and get a guaranteed wad of cash for minimal effort. if you want good games, start a commie revolution, otherwise you're gonna have to stick with ea micro-transactions for a while.

Telltale games really went to shit

Game development actually seems really interesting from a maths / problem solving perspective, but I can't bring myself to get in to it because videogames are degenerate and making a game isn't going to help the world in any way apart from giving some depressed loser his next dopamine rush.

Plus the fact that no one playing my game would give the slightest shit about any of the programming and the only 'feedback' I would get would be a bunch of entitled kids complaining that I need to add X Y and Z feature.

Attached: 1528387137426.jpg (750x710, 64K)

But they had fixed function pipeline which is even easier to deal with than a full-fledged modern engine. Also 3d is infinitely harder to work with than 2d, anyone who says otherwise hasn't even made something as trivial as 3d tetris, which is barely harder than 2d tetris.
For consoles, it was even easier than merely having a fixed function pipeline because all the functions you need are provided at a level higher than modern production-grade engines provide.

game development is super fun and very encouraging every time you learn new codes

I will politely disagree with you user. Games today are selling, but they're selling because of normies. Once normies figure out that their games are nothing but cinematic guitar hero experiences, they will start demanding more. At which point the industry will crash and genius game designers will become relevant once again.

>videogames are degenerate
Where do you get such shit opinions? What does degenerate mean, anyway?

it is fun an engaging, and i cant think of any quicker way to completely ruin it than working on some other neckbeard's shitty game idea full time. id rather work on my own stuff in my free time where i'd have genuine fun from it and live off my cushy and easy, albeit boring, software job