Giant flatscreen tv

>giant flatscreen tv
>never watch tv anyway
>decide to hang it on the wall in my new flats kitchen so i can watch cooking shows on youtube
>buy bluebooth wireless keyboard and mouse
>plug my old laptop in to use it as a youtube-station
>turns out you cannot wake laptops out of standby via bluetooth keyboard or mouse
>plans foiled

what do Jow Forums ? what cheap alternative is there for me? i've been looking at a raspberry pi, but would that be a good solution? i just need a system that has wifi internet, passable processing so i can watch youtube vids in good resolution, and i can wake out of standby via my wireless keyboard. what do? putting my old tower computer in my kitchen would look like total shit.

Attached: DVB-TV-uHAT-with-box_1024x1024.png (800x582, 82K)

Change power options so it doesn't sleep

Uh maybe you could just make it not standby you fucking idiot

remove the standby timer in settings

Is it a bluetooth dongle or integrated to the radio?
If first, make sure it doesn't cut power to usb while sleeping, this should be an option in the bios. Then (both cases) make sure power savings isn't applied, go to device manager and the properties of said device.
Also check actual power settings and turn off power saving features

Attached: file.png (408x473, 16K)

then it's on endlessly consuming fucktons of energy. the thing is it's sitting very high up on my furniture, if I don't want to have it be on 24/7 I have to climb up to turn it on everytime which totally defeats the purpose.

hope you get aids you dumb animal

i looked into these (even bios) extensively, there was always options missing or options greyed out. nothing worked and the bios had no relevant settings or options.

Nm I figured it out.

what?? no i didn't

stop impersonating me you fucker

Chaotic Evil

Attached: 1WU8ron_d.jpg (640x360, 17K)

Power saving mode
Never sleep
Turn off display 10 minutes
Advanced
Close lid action: do nothing

Fixed

Attached: 11021394093214c.jpg (360x360, 23K)

Did you also check the keyboard/mouse and verify they're allowed to wake the computer?

Attached: file.png (400x455, 15K)

Your laptop is pulling 65w maybe MAYBE like 95w.

With the display off and only running video you could leave it on battery for a couple hours. If you can afford 65w then buy a Chromecast.

Raspberry Pi connected to TV, running OSMC
Install Yatse or Kore app on Android phone or a Kodi browser extension for your PC and send Youtube Video links to the Raspberry for playback.

Just get a Chromecast.

this

Use a raspberry pi with Kodi and use Kore in your phone to control it.

Download cooking shows to raspberry pi or home NAS and go from there.

This

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

>turns out you cannot wake laptops out of standby via bluetooth keyboard or mouse
u sure? my mobo can. bios update?

Chromecast?

see
I got a used first gen for like $5

pls DM me the answer

macOS does not have this problem.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 12.50.43 PM.png (567x118, 21K)

good god OP you're white aren't you goddamn this has got to be white person question

android TV box
4000HD for $35

this you fucking moron

get yourself a chromecast

>then it's on endlessly consuming fucktons of energy
It's a laptop. It will idle at 5-15w depending on the cpu, even on 24/7 that costs 1€/month at most

There is an option if keyboard/mouse input can wake it up, fag

until they make a pie that can overclock to 5.7ghz and have same ipc as amd and intel I don't really see the appeal.

(you can push a 9900k to 5.7ghz btw you just have to disable 7 of the cores)

Just get a non-bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse, problem solved