WHAT IS Jow Forums'S RECOMMENDED PROGRAMS FOR LINUX?

Attached: idq-baka-pepe.jpg (1200x1200, 179K)

TuxRacer

gnome ;^)

XSnow

Everything is bloat.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

NO ONE LIKES YOU FOR THIS POST

Wine or a vm with windows, its what they all do.

Gentoo

newfag

GNU Emacs
/thread

welcome to Jow Forums, enjoy your stay.
also read the fucking pinned post, faggot.

Shut up RMS

Correct response

Teach me more senpai

nano

Windows is only useful for playing games

Attached: gamesonly.png (477x369, 24K)

Viewnior for image viewing. I scrape all the chans semi-regularly so i need a quick way of cleansing all the /b/ trash

i3wm
vim
w3m
ranger
wicd-curses
htop

ranger - best file manager
mpv - best video player
mupdf - best pdf reader
ahoviewer - booru viewer
sxiv - best image viewer
Krita - best photoshop replacement
KDEnlive - best free open source video editor
Wine for gaymus and visual novels.

Attached: 527c8e2b08f9fc1079f599d8bfbc50db76cc1eac942165c5bf6bde9cb9cdbe66.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

linux = kernel

Based and redpilled.

That's great. I'll just go with calling it Linux then since we're all clear on what that means. Saying GNU/Linux could confuse people.

Attached: 7235878e276853c952714a10596452a72bd5b3155c30b9193466c32c6cbad34a.png (643x537, 231K)

groff, sed

redpill me on wicd

emacs

Attached: dab_on_jannies.png (1024x768, 280K)

gdebi package installer / qapt package installer
htop
redshift
pinta

Attached: 1534581675623.jpg (645x608, 148K)

Nope. Haven't used it in 10 years

Firefox
Pcmanfm
Tilix
Gedit
Green Recorder
Gqrx
Fldigi
Chirp
Angry IP Scanner
Transmission
VLC