>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: Solid cooling.jpg (604x393, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/product/fMcMnQ/asus-monitor-mg278q
pcpartpicker.com/list/6kppYT
pcpartpicker.com/list/GsrgyX
pcpartpicker.com/list/LkLxKB
pcpartpicker.com/list/9NQn4q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ah fuck I forgot to link the previous thread

Can I combine an RTX 2070 with an i5 4590 for 1440p gayming or is it finally time to upgrade everything? I built my system in 2014.

Attached: 1538086053634.png (1920x1080, 3.27M)

Hey so I'm the guy that had the possible dead psu and was asking about the evga 35 dollar one in the last thread. So I did go ahead and grab it to test and it looks like it was in fact NOT the psu that died but either the motherboard , the cpu or both, I'm thinking the cpu since that's what light is showing up. and the fact that it does power the fans and stuff And also to the guy that wanted to know the model/brand of my 8 year old one it says Antec Earthwatts Model Ea-750 750W Max. Is that still good to use? Like I said it IS 8 years old.

I'm also prob keeping this 35 dollar one in either case.

For 1080p gaming, is a RX 580 enough or should I go for the RTX 2060?

>pairing with
>R5 2600
>16gb ddr4

rx580 should be good for 1080p 60hz.

>60hz
Yeah I'm having an IPS monitor cause gaming is secondary for me. Thanks.

The 2060 is double the price (at least where I live) but only performs 25-30% better. What's the price difference where you live?

RX 580 is perfectly fine for 1080p gayming though.

How do I check how much my current build uses? I plan on upgrading to a 2060 and was wondering if my psu could support it.

After conversion about 150-200 usd extra. But I ask myself do I need all the extra power when my monitor doesn't go above 60hz?

Google ''OuterVision Power Supply Calculator''

pcpartpicker shows wattage for added parts, but if you're still not sure then you can use a thing like pic related

Attached: killawatt.jpg (320x396, 12K)

>But I ask myself do I need all the extra power when my monitor doesn't go above 60hz

Nah you're good with an RX580. It's definitely not worth getting a 2060, especially if gaming is secondary for you.

Just make sure it's an RX580 8GB.

Friendly reminder to apply your thermal paste perfectly -or else.

Attached: 8l267.jpg (568x709, 51K)

You’re gonna need to upgrade man. I have a 4670 and even that is now reaching its limit on some 1080p games

You're good for another year, maybe more. But i'd start setting money aside for a new build.

>27"
>1440p
>144hz
>sub-400 euros
help. please.

Thanks alot

What's the general opinion of the single fan EVGA 2060?

I'm deciding between it or the ZOTAC twin fan. I'd go with MSI but the shipping time is literally 3 weeks.

Dell S2719DGF, but it's a tn panel

single fan gpus are only good for mitx cases that can only have short cards, if you can fit a dual fan card then get it

Starts at 430

Why the fuck are monitors so much more expensive outside the US? For instance i was looking at de.pcpartpicker.com/product/fMcMnQ/asus-monitor-mg278q earlier and while it's around 350 USD it's not even available in germany.

What am I looking at?

Acer KG271U

Have you tried searching through geizhals? It's pretty useful.

R8 my setup boys
pcpartpicker.com/list/6kppYT

>Starts at 430
mistook pounds for euros, whoops

Attached: 2475b1a9d3cd3cb1fa4fc298d6919ba9a14f5256a4e2dee29a658f93f7e2fb35.png (510x453, 122K)

yeah and only the MSI Optix MAG27CQ fits the bill but both retailers are austrian so the s&h is going to be through the roof.

What are some Jow Forums recommended cases?

I have a pretty big case and most of it is pretty empty. Would a gtx2060 mini work as well as a normal sized one since it's well ventilated on the inside?

should i buy an rtx 2060 for 410+ (also, which "type" do you suggest) or something like gtx 1070 ti ?? i found a 1070 ti cerberus for around 450 which should be nice (i'm in italy so don't blame the prices)
i really need help for a cheap case too, mine is too small lmao

Alright I'm just going to bite the bullet and ask you guys. I've this build (currently using right now to type this) since 2009 (10 year anniversary). Should I upgrade or wait for Zen2?

Note:
>opening 15 tabs in chrome will cause other tabs to lag when switching
>can't run GTA V
>play Dota 2 or CSGO in lowest setting or it will lag
>need to close everything if I want to run a game unless game is before 2008
>opening windows explorer takes a few second before it loads finish

I'm an indecisive faggot.

Attached: lol.png (392x1016, 50K)

Bumping this question

>curved
nevermind actually, it's trash. so the only alternative is the obnoxiously designed HP 27xq, 27" (3WL54AA) with fucking RGB all over.

MX500 M.2 or 860 EVO 2,5" (500 GB)?

How long would the 2060 last me? Is it enough for 1600x1200 60fps medium settings?

I want to buy some used Xeons/whatever processors on ebay for my programming PC.
You got some tips for purchasing used components?

IIRC it's 10% slower than the 2070 but I'll double check the benches before
Purchase Canadian used hardware Monopoly money is best money.
>T. snagged a i7 3770, high end motherboard and 16 gigs of ram for £150 shipped

A very long time if you're willing to lower settings in future games.

Looks perfect, basically my setup but with a 2700x. Couple things
>check the price difference to upgrade to the 750w G3; it’s only $5 extra here
>price compare your screen to the Acer KG271U. Seems to be identical specs.
>How do the fractal fans hold up? Have you used them before? I’m looking for fans for my setup.

I have another question.

Do you guys considere the 2060 worth it? I have a 10603gb but right now I'm confused as to either upgrade to a 1070,1070ti,2060, or a 1080.
The pricepoints on most of these are mixed up (1070 performs worse than 2060 but costs more?) so I need your advice bros.

the longer you use something the more value you get out of it. if it still does what you need/want it to keep waiting because todays high end expensive is tomorrows mid range cheap.

>Should I upgrade or wait for Zen2?
depends on your budget, but a current gen midrange build would totally be enough for everything

are you still interested in this? I'm home now and could give you the cases I thought of

There's a pc with i5-2500, but monitor and GPU are needed.
Is 1440p a meme? If not, what GPU is needed? Considering that cpu will be enough for it(is it?).

I got 1500usd to spend.
Just wondering if the zen+ and zen2 will have a big difference.

Actually I'm very frustrated with how slow my pc is and the fact that I can't do many things with it. I understand what you mean but I don't know if I can wait 5 months for the release.

So I'm looking at RTX 2060's and I'm wondering something, what are the differences in the 2060's? I know with the 1060 you had a 3GB and 6GB version, but with the 2060 I'm seeing a price difference of $20-60 but I don't see anything different about the cards.

Basically the cooling and look.

2060 is better value than the 1070/1070ti. The high end 10 series cards cost more because of limited stock and other reasons.

ok so I should get the 2060 before the price goes up high again?

Is an RX 570 (4gb) for 160€ a good deal?
It'll be mostly used for 1080p 60hz gaming. I'd buy an rx 580 (8gb) for 220€ but I'm on a budget here and I'm already stretching the limit.
It's not my money, but I'd still like to buy something worthwhile.
Also, I got this cheap Sharkoon 600W WPM PSU as a freebie. Wondering if I should even consider consider putting it in the system. It's an OKish PSU and I'd simply put 60€ or so towards getting an SSD, rather than buying another PSU.

Attached: cheap PSU.jpg (1000x1000, 109K)

I just installed a g12 on my blower 1070ti. Temps at load went from ~82C to ~44C at full load. Holy shit this feels good.

Attached: obama.jpg (960x960, 226K)

Also want to ask this RX 570s are going for £140-150 new here, Thing is I'm worried as I'm getting this for a friend and I know AMD is notoriously bad in certain emulators like CEMU and preform worse in select titles but that bang for your buck can't be beaten.

The new driver updates fixed a lot of issues

>and preform worse in select titles
Nothing you can do here, this applies to Nvidia cards too.

I know I'm just thinking of games like AC:Odyssey and the like where it's a drastic difference atm.

Not the best deal but that's an appropriate price if brand new. Make sure it's not a MSI armor model. I bought the 8gb version for less than that and even then I'm not that happy about it. It's a decent card if paired to a decent processor, you can bring some titles to max settings on 1080p but you ain't gonna do dick if you're still rocking an old cheap haswell, that's for sure.

As for the PSU I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of sharkoon cases, as I have one that has been purposely designed the wrong way and they need to check their shit. Maybe they got better. Check the price though, 600w and modular is usually pricey for recommendable PSUs.

Keep in mind Assassin's Creed titles in general are more CPU hungry than the average release. Just like newer Tomb Raider games, for some reason are too attached to how good your RAM is.

The box looks sooo nice

Attached: 2060.jpg (1920x1442, 755K)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/GsrgyX

probably buying today. I upgraded to a fully modular power supply. Is this acceptable for opening multiple large excel files, and playing tf2? I should get a 144hz monitor right? Or is this build not good enough for that?
thanks

Bumping this questions for more advises.

Got the psu from a friend so I didn't have to spend money from it but maybe in the future I'll change it to a 750w.
First time using fractal fans so can't say how good/bad they are.

>Check the price though
>Also, I got this cheap Sharkoon 600W WPM PSU as a freebie
I haven't paid anything for it, so the price isn't important. I was just wondering if I should keep this "low-end" PSU or just buy a solid Seasonic one.

g-guys?

Attached: Capture.jpg (999x716, 73K)

I'm torn right now bros, I want to upgrade my GPU and monitor for gaymen (gtx 960, 1080p60hz). Would getting a 2060 and 1080p144hz monitor feel like a substantial upgrade (worth the $680)? getting a quality 1440p144hz setup would cost 2X what the 1080p setup does. Anyone out there been satisfied with this type of upgrade?

Attached: 1493849080148.png (490x490, 376K)

Buy it if you want it right now. You could wait until black friday but thats in 10 months.

I have a gtx 1060 6gb and I need a new monitor, is it silly to get a 1440p 144hz without upgrading the gpu? should I go for a 1080p 144hz instead?

The seasonic option is always a safe option. It might sound silly, but a shitty quality PSU will give you all sorts of headaches (in less time than you might think). I've been using a PSU of a similar "quality", with false advertising, false rating and such, keeps dropping voltages over the different rails like a motherfucker and that's not good. Not to mention how noisy it gets on load, really disgusting. Never trust a friend that tells you to buy cheap shit. Reason why I'm saying to check the price is not in case you decide to buy it, because you already have it, but to compare against other models with the same basic features.

I would personally avoid like the plague anything that brands like tacens or sharkoon produce.

Nobody can tell you that as it is subjective. IMHO if you have no problem supporting green team it sounds like a solid upgrade while myself I continue to suffer "waiting for navi"

Why do you have any sympathy or hate for certain companies? Just use what's best for your budget.

What kraken did you pair it with?

I already looked at benchmarks and they suggest it not worthwhile but I'll ask anyway is it reasonable to upgrade a mobo ram and cpu to switch from an i7 4790K to Ryzen?

ok bros so my ram is too little for insurgency sandstorm.

I need help with this since I am running a Ryzen build.

What matters more when selecting ram? does it have to EXACTLY match my current ram which is (Ripjaws V series 3200mhz 2x4gb ram)?

Or can I get a 3000,2800mhz ram? Or 2x2gb ram? Does the CAS have to be the same?

So many questions but I'm kind of mad that games are more ram hungry this time

Attached: Annotation 2019-01-22 150140.jpg (888x693, 180K)

Very true critique, yet if everyone follows that we get the situation we have today, overpriced gpus due to a lagging competition

Damn. Thermal paste application method -does- matter quite a bit on the GPU. Leave that shit either uncovered at the corners (dot method) or put too much compound and that will be hell. Thick line at the center with dots on the corners gave me much better results.

I was building my PC, but while connecting fans to the motherboard I noticed that the ends of the cables didn't match up with the mobo.
Pic related, Left picture shows the cable from fans (4 pins, 2 male pins - red and 2 female pins - yellow).
On the right is the motherboard SYS FAN (4 male pins).
How am I supposed to connect those? I didn't get any adapter with neither the case (Phanteks P400S) nor the motherboard (MSI H310M PRO).

Attached: fan2.png (2388x1592, 2.73M)

What? A fucking $300 laptop and open excel and run tf2, you're not really asking anything.

how bad is the 3500k by now?

Don't use 4 RAM sticks with ryzen, you're gonna have a bad time.

lmao maybe 2007 tf2

Bumping again for more advises.

Attached: 11250660-businessman-with-thoughts-of-suicide.jpg (861x1300, 91K)

That's not a standard fan connector, you're doing something wrong.

What kind of pins are these? What are they called?
They are not dupont, they wouldn't fit.

Attached: 1520062315333.jpg (640x362, 73K)

That's because the MG278Q is EOL. THE MG279Q and Acer XF270HU are also great value IPS monitors within your requirements, but again EOL and have all but disappeared.

Should I get a 2600 now, or wait for the 3600? How much better performance will it have for gaming?

What is your current build?

Built a gaming PC: pcpartpicker.com/list/LkLxKB

Any recommendations on how to reduce the cost for this build? Do you see any issues? I'm new to this, so any help is appreciated.

As far as I know, the 2700X comes with a good fan. The only problems I see are with the excess power from the PSU but I figured I'd need it for the moniter/other peripherals. That, and finding a good case.

>Any recommendations on how to reduce the cost for this build?
Any recommendations *in general* are appreciated.

RGB pins

RAM is too slow, 3000 minimum for ryzen builds.
Do you need 8 cores? 2600X is just as good if it's just a gaming build.
400W PSU will work but it will get hot at loud, get at least a 550W if you can.
Buy a windows key from ebay.

I got a gigabyte 1050ti 4GB OC por 210$USD new. Was it a good deal or I got scammed?
>I live in third world btw

>1050ti

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 97K)

Welp, for some reason I couldn't find anything before and thought they had some special name to them. thanks.

Bad PSU
have some self respect and pirate windows

There's no good deals in these countries. Just buy what you can afford.

Does this look better?
pcpartpicker.com/list/9NQn4q

Also, will I need a fan? And why do I need 550W if the system requirements (according to PCP) is 280? Shouldn't it work without getting hot and loud?

Why are there no 4K OLED monitors?
companies are retarded, it's either 2000$ edgy trash or 60hz office
LG or Samsung make an OLED, 4K, 27inch, 90Hz, HDR10, Freesync2 make the minimum ceileing as low as possible maybe 24hz and slap it at 600$, skimp cost on everything else, make the monitor as good as possible and the frame not ugly, no adjustable stand but have VISA mount compatibility, shit buttons, no gimmicks, don't even translate the menu everything in korean
I bet many people wouldn't mind buying this knowing that after 2 years burn in and picture degradation is certainm, but for 600$ 2 years of great image experience, seriously smartphones already have amazing OLEDs and no one cares about burn in because almost nobody has a smartphone for over 2 years

Attached: 1538584184620.jpg (563x503, 21K)

You want to aim for 50% capacity at load, to allow for max efficiency and avoid heating/fan noise. 280x2=560, so a 550W would be ideal. Maybe spend a little more and stretch to a gold rated unit if you can, it's the foundation of your system and every single component relies on it being stable. Best not to cheap out too much.

buy a 1060 instead
also maybe a 1tb HDD

what are even using this for? what games?

Guys. Looking for a decent 500GB M.2 ssd. Should I buy 970 EVO, or cheaper Corsair MP510? Typical usage would be OS, gaming, sometimes programming.