Is there any way to draw programmatically?

Is there any way to draw programmatically?

Attached: fig3.jpg (478x500, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_graphics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSCAD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>draw programmatically

Attached: b136ba0f2d651782e121800ed25702ba4.jpg (383x409, 22K)

Ye using ur brain

As a fellow person with interest in programming and drawing I have to tell you, yes
First you start building everything, figure, then shapes, then details
Whe you get decent skill you just import your visual library

Paint

Yes. It's called rendering.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_graphics

Attached: Turtle-animation.gif (256x256, 727K)

There's several software suites that let you generate manga-styled artwork using posable 3D models and special GL shaders that make everything look cell shaded.
It looks like shit and only shitty doujinshi artists use it when they need to crank out low quality vanilla garbage before the next comiket.

At the end of the day drawing is just recreating from fuzzy memory. No one except architects and old school draftsman deconstruction everything correctly in perspective. Even figure drawing construction is largely just freehand using some basic principles to help recreate a body from indistinct memory. theorically it is possible to program a program that draws and does simple shading

What's the Jow Forums approved way of learning to draw?

wear drawing socks, obviously.

SVG?

>itt retards who forgot the meaning of the word program

practice
10 hours a day for 10 years should be enough to get you a well paid job

Something about VCRs, right?

this was literally my first interaction with computers almost 30 years ago

Attached: logo_turtle.jpg (509x350, 15K)

Attached: 1514503637634.png (625x773, 91K)

yes, but most programmers and computers scientists brute force the approach and because they never learned to draw they lack the knowledge about how to draw.

t. /ic/

Just Draw. Copy a style or artist you like. And check out Loomis for drawing people. Its not a meme, he has legitimate advice in his books. But there are other approaches to drawing that may suit someone more but I'd start with loomis.

Openscad.

Attached: 1538341158917.png (1173x2093, 1013K)

This but don't *start* with loomis, learn the fundamentals (books like keys to drawing, drawing on the right side of the brain, basic shapes in perspective) for at least an hour a day for 60 days and then check out loomis.

Loomis is good but recommending him to people who don't even have the *habit* of drawing yet will just lead to overwhelming frustration. The meme is that loomis is the answer to everything which is just lazy advice imo.

yes

Attached: gchallenge.webm (718x478, 1.59M)

The premise of "Right of the Brain" is something you can understand in an hour period. If you're spending 60 days and what's essentially the first class of any drawing class then you should just give up. Observation and measuring are hard and take a long time to get a sense for, it's something you should grind out as you go along, like hundreds of hours. Andd Loomis and others will teach you actual ways to measure and break down and simplify geometry anyway so you shouldn't waste time on basic stuff like that. Perspective is something worth studying but it's again something you can get down pretty quick. Extreme perspectives and measured perspectives are an advanced topic you should explore later because it's not trivial and if you go too far into it you become less of an artist and more of a technical drawer

>because they never learned to draw they lack the knowledge about how to draw
I know you feel like an artist and all but explain yourself

Absolutely Jow ForumsigaBased™ my lad

Yes. It's called CSS.

>using a nigger-tier circle filling algorithm

Attached: 125356_p0.jpg (600x827, 79K)

t. Loomis poster
I agree that loomis is not the answer to everything. I can say that it werks for me. but like says about the premise of "right side of the brain" is rather simple to grasp. Which is why I began with saying just draw. Once you get enough intuition from 'just draw'-ing, and more importantly drawing from imagination, loomis helps with simplifying anatomy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSCAD

What if I do it as a hobby

fuck i miss drawing boats and shapes with this. dem 5inch diskquettes jej.

Kek

Attached: 1543631113322.jpg (1200x801, 99K)