What Linux users look like to normal people

Attached: Untitled.png (815x588, 712K)

>Jow Forums's idea of Linux users
DOES ANYONE HERE USE LINUX!? I USE LINUX AND HAVE TO MENTION IT FOUR THOSUAND TIMES A DAY TO EVERYONE I MEET!
>a real Linux user
*I can't talk to anyone because of my social anxiety and I realize no one would care anyway*

Attached: embarrassed1.jpg (1024x819, 131K)

*munch*
HEY I SEE YOU'RE
*munch munch*
USING WINDOWS THATS FULL OF BLOAT AND
*munch crunch*
VIRUSES MADE BY INDIA
*COUGH COUGH*
INDIA
*COUGH COUGH COUGH*
INDIANS
*khhhhh*

Attached: Untitled.png (815x470, 782K)

they just want to look cool and Hax0R

Good to know people like Richard Stallman don't actually exist then, and nobody is ever insufferably autistic about what software other people use. I was worried for a moment.

Oh you mean the guy who bashed microphones on a table and started crying?

*om nom nom nom nom*
YEAH BRO OPEN SOURCE
EVERYBODY CAN COMMIT HIS CRAP INSECURE CODE
*munch munch*
ITS A FEATURE

Attached: Untitled.png (812x462, 598K)

I don't use anything but Linux (Debian+KDE), and I even use it at work. I don't talk about it unless someone asks about it. It's rare but it has happened, and I just explain that it's an alternative operating system like MacOS, but for PCs and that it's free to use.

I think that was a water bottle.

Attached: linux_look_at_it.jpg (640x331, 34K)

What Windows users look like to Linux users.

Attached: 0-angry-woman-having-trouble-with-computer-cartoon-clipart.jpg (800x800, 454K)

*vvrrrrrrrr*
YEAH BRO I LOVE DOING THINGS MANUALLY YOU KNOW, THE HARD WAY

Attached: Untitled.png (809x460, 847K)

this is true
I use arch btw

>Jow Forums's idea of Linux users

> (OP)
>>Jow Forums's idea of Linux users
>DOES ANYONE HERE USE LINUX!? I USE LINUX AND HAVE TO MENTION IT FOUR THOSUAND TIMES A DAY TO EVERYONE I MEET!
>>a real Linux user
>*I can't talk to anyone because of my social anxiety and I realize no one would care anyway*

>a real Linux user
"I use Linux because I'm a programmer and I find that it's the best operating system to get my work done efficiently, I'm also not a retarded consumerist amerimutt who gets my whole sense of identity from the brands and products I use and couldn't give less of a shit what operating system other people chose to use or care if people dislike mine"

I put it on my resume so boomers think I'm a computing god

I work at a university and I tell my students what software to use, but I don't speak to the girl at the supermarket about it.
RMS is paid to go and speak to people about software, obviously he is going to do that.
And given he is an freedom absolutist, he can't be seen relaxed around something he deem unethical. I don't really have to care about that; I can just use whatever is the best tool for a job.

Installing software
Linux:
>apt-get install
Windows:
>Go to website
>Find installer
>Download
>Run installer and click through menus

Compile c program
Linux:
>gcc example.c
Windows:
>Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio with C++ packages (over a gig)
>Set your CMD environment variable for cl (different in every version of Windows)
>Or use second "developer command prompt"
>Write your code in like notepad++ I guess
>cl example.c

>>a real Linux user
"I use Linux because I'm a low-pay sysadmin. I couldn't keep up with math in my CS major and am now stuck here with this free as in free beer server OS."

>prof says to write in times new roman only
>liberations sans
>0, redo in times new roman
This you?

Attached: angrery.png (768x768, 153K)

>"Don't you guys think Linux users are so obnoxious? xDddd"
>Takes up an entire thread obnoxiously rambling for 20 minutes

Attached: 1468483913478.png (389x374, 116K)

>windows is expensive
Such a meme, it's free if you have a >90 IQ

>>apt-get install
> not found
>need to look up the official repo
Windows:
>write software name in cortana and she downloads the installer

>c program
C is deprecated. But other than that, you can compile in command prompt or powershell just the same.

Found the butthurt linux fag.

CoC

Yeah, because when you think of high level computer science the first image that comes to mind is a bunch of guys sitting around using Windows 10 Home edition

No retard, read it again slower.

Yeah because high-level computer science is OS-independent. If what you're doing is OS-dependent, you're just doing manual labour. People have been programming turing machines and automata since before programmable computers were invented.

Uh huh
>low pay
>stuck with free OS
Implies the sysadmin uses it because of low pay
Unimaginable that you think top CS grads are going to flock to windows

Jesus what a retard. It implies the sys admin is using linux professionally. He's a paid professional who uses amateur code.

>>a real Linux user
>"I use Linux because I'm a programmer and I find that it's the best operating system to get my work done efficiently, I'm also not a retarded consumerist amerimutt who gets my whole sense of identity from the brands and products I use and couldn't give less of a shit what operating system other people chose to use or care if people dislike mine"

>a REAL Linux user
i use arch btw

Attached: my_desktop.png (2560x1440, 987K)

>you should just know what I mean even though I write things that can reasonably be interpreted differently
High end windows sysadmin ova here

You're just dumb.

>Aced all the courses
>Installed all the windows
>Nailed the job interview
>Dad wasn't around for any of it
>Snip at strangers on the internet

The issue is that free software in general has a very vocal fandom, even if they are the minority. It doesn't help their cause if someone has to (in my case, at work) deal with an apparent spokesperson telling them to use something they don't like every time they meet.

Teaching assisstant here. I just recommend visual studio (c++) to all my students. It's dead simple and abstracts away needless information like setting up a compiler, compiler flags, etc.

>I'm a low-pay sysadmin because I couldn't keep up with math in my CS major, and am now I'm stuck here with this free as in free beer server OS.
Fixed your goofy sentence

You fixed dick, it now has a different meaning and structure.

>high-level computer science is OS-independent
>If you use linux you're a low-pay sysadmin

Attached: 1509307789104.png (313x470, 10K)

It has this meaning unequivocally

More like I can't talk about linux ever because it will make it back to the web "developers" and then they'll ask me to babysit their incompetent shit.
>one of the neckbeards asks me if I have any experience with sharepoint and mssql
>ask him what sharepoint is
Bullet:
[X] Dodged
[ ] Not Dodged

I thought sys-admin was a chill job though... I heard so many cool stories about how you could just hang out and do your own thing

0 job security. Might as well work at java enterprise outsourcing.

fuck off ya whiney cunt; no one cares about your lame ass desktop

Attached: catwork.jpg (640x1136, 85K)

>*I can't talk to anyone because of my social anxiety and I realize no one would care anyway*
This.Everyone I know uses Wangdows or Mac and they can't even handle those. I'm not wasting my time explaining shit to retards. The ONE person I thought had a legit interest in computers, asked me to install Windows 10 for him, I did, and two days later he was whining about not being able to connect to his wifi. After about 3 days of questions and answers at work he finally got it connected. The following week, he managed to get it infected with something, and threw the computer away. I stopped caring what stupid people think then and there.

It's not that people around you are stupid. It's that you never contribute anything unique and people abuse you. Now you're not even good enough for that.
>lame ass desktop
windows 10 has a pretty OK desktop.

not really, it's just that free software has a more complex philosophy that justifies it's existence compared to windows straight forward get money motives.

ok shill; I meant that all desktops are uninteresting as a technology in the field of computation. Get a server w/ power to do real computation beyond baby scale or get fucked.

Attached: fsf.jpg (511x700, 71K)

There is literally nothing wrong with "get money motives". It guarantees someone somewhere will have to work on the project. Unlike FOSS where feature additions are a novelty and people commit crappy code to have a resume.

I don't need computation for the math I'm interested in. In fact, the math I'm interested in assumes you have machines with infinite registers and can deterministically compute any given computational problem per clock.

>It's not that people around you are stupid.
Yes, they are.

can confirm
t linux user

>Windows
>cortana
Literally needs an AI to find an installer.

They're not, you're just a shut-in who sees not past his nose.
>opening the hood of your entire OS
>switching to root privileges
>just to be told the crappy package manager can't find what you want
ok

Call of Cthulhu?

>I find that it's the best operating system to get my work done efficiently
A good programmer could achieve the same level of productivity on any operating system though. The tools are roughly the same across all operating systems these days.

>liberation sans
>sans
your professor probably just wanted you to use a serif font and that's the only one they know.
I doubt most people could even spot the difference between tnr, dejavu or liberation when printed.

btw i use archlinux

kys frogposter

Why is there a picture of mactoddler?

I have been using linux since 1998
I have never mentioned the fact to anyone except
those who work with IT whose computers and networks
I am fixing. I thought about not telling anyone at all, but then I realised I would never get any work. I rightly believe that I should keep quiet about linux when I am in the company of people
who arent very knowledgeable about computers, as I realise they find talk about computers rather boring most of them. I must admit I like to rile windows users up and rustle their jimmies as I know how inferior windows users feel. especially mouthy snot nosed kids aged 15 to 20 who like to pretend they know a lot about computers but dont know shit about them

Attached: 531d51eeb3fef8499372ecaf280db5b86c70fcb8386bba28d0a7f10fe6213e13.jpg (800x450, 42K)

This desu. If someone asks sure I'll tell them I'm using Linux (no one has interjected yet).
Only time I'll say something about muh wangdongs 10 is if my (one) friend is having problems with updates on his laptop which happens quite often and I might say something like "Gentoo doesn't have this problem".

All diehard Windows users just seem like literal mental 12 year olds who can't understand that other people use their computer differently. I work on robotics, and my response to anyone who thinks "I can do all of MY work on Windows" is so fucking what. I can't, neither can anyone in any number of fields. "It's popular" is also retarded. Half of everyone is < 100 IQ, and most people literally just spend their life wasting time.

XD

ahh yes, teach those pajeets nothing about principles of software development so i can waste my time walking them through why their code won't compile for the 10 billionth time.

i wanna lick the skin of the girl next to him

I licked her, it wasn't that great. She smells like eggs.

>doesn't know the right words
>probably struggles with women too