Micro ATX power 9 board. Anyone else seriously thinking about getting one? Only 1.5 with an 8 core power 9 cpu...

>raptorcs.com/content/BK1B02/intro.html

Micro ATX power 9 board. Anyone else seriously thinking about getting one? Only 1.5 with an 8 core power 9 cpu, looks fucking sweet.

Attached: boardlarge.png (1500x1000, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/Talos_II/Hardware_Compatibility_List
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And how much is the actual board going for these days?

$2.5k for just the board.
Too much for me, given I'd have to pay a fuckload of import tax on top.

interesting, but given the price tag it is already dead. i would understand $300 to $450 given the tooling and low volumes but $2.5k is just absurd for what is 95% a couple of traces on a pcb

I'm a level 3 freetard and even I wouldn't buy this to be quite frank with you fellow broodling

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-22-17-39-19(1).jpg (720x956, 150K)

Not for the blackbird.

>Anyone else seriously thinking about getting one?
Seriously pre-ordered one.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-08 Raptor Computing Systems My Account.png (1149x377, 25K)

Seriously the shipping to EU fucking sucks balls. Yo have yet to pay import fee and sales tax FROM THE TOTAL so it really cheers you up that Raptor adds an extra merry "75 $ because fuck you" to every oversea order. Like seriously?

The hardware itself is very expensive too though. Also sucks that you need a bespoke cooler from them which also has shitty bang/buck (or rather, silence/buck), but that is kinda minor gripe at that point.

Well, exotic platforms are nice but here I go Ryzen, this a bit too pricey non-x86 privilege.

Attached: u wot.gif (540x388, 849K)

this

>Anyone else seriously thinking about getting one?
you must either have big plans for this or just have vast amounts of disposable income

so tell us, which one is it

I wonder how many people actually get memed into shelling for Talos purely through the "oh x86 is so dangerous" fudding.

i'd like to think the people who buy things like Talos are enthusiasts with money and want to utilize something new but we're on Jow Forums where people have few good reasons for actually doing what they do

the logic, i cant be too sure if the kids here just larp all day or what

What the fuck even is this. Some kind of hipster shit? Just buy an old MB from ebay.

Not a lot of ATX POWER9 motherboards out there, chief.

>$1524

Just buy a mbp, retard.

Jesus...here in DFW you can buy a big RS/6000 rack system with a nice fibre channel disk cabinet for what they want just for this motherboard and CPU.

>want to avoid x86
>just buy a mbp

Attached: bateman-get-a-load-of-this-guy.jpg (400x400, 40K)

This spring I’m getting the Blackbird with one of the higher core count CPUs. Fuck Intel, fuck jannies, and fuck niggers.

Attached: 9933479B-CAA2-44C1-A289-5A94F27B6625.png (691x753, 1.99M)

Yes that sucks. I think i calculated something over 1750$ to get it.

Income. People allways brag about lol are you cheap when it's about gaming shit. But most likely they are just 16 years old larping.

>RS/6000 rack system
Isn't that something from the early 90ties?

there are no power9 consumer mobos out there which is why talos is so expensive.

My server is one of the DS1 kits (talos lite). Would rather have the mATX one, but I'm super happy with the talos lite.

>But most likely they are just 16 years old larping.
There are some legit ones too, brats with rich parents.

Talos Lite isn't even much more expensive thatn the blackbird rippoff and you get more RAM slots and support for high perf CPU SKus.

i'm actually kinda tempted

ok but where is the gaming benchmarks

Did Raptor ever fix the DMA issues with graphics cards for the original board?
wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/Talos_II/Hardware_Compatibility_List

>$1500 just to larp