True space tech won't ever work

>breaks causality and will never work
And this is how you can be sure that aliens never visited us and never will because it's fucking impossible

Best we can hope for is make a tin can to travel to Mars or Io.

Attached: alcubierre_metric.jpg (3000x2250, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_velocity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Length_contraction
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it's safe to say that if we are in a simulation that they wanted us to stay where we are.

I think its safe to say that we are not in a simulation, were just living in a extremelly lucky planet

Who made base reality then? Simulation hypothesis is dumb.

Attached: seinstanza.jpg (823x549, 109K)

I think it's safe to say that the fact that anything at all exists and we're here in whatever capacity this happens to be having this discussion-- which when you get right down to it, is improbable to the point of absurdity-- we shouldn't really rule out the possibility of anything.

Who made base reality if we're not in a simulation (so, just regular reality)? That question still remains regardless of the simulation hypothesis.

I'd guess base reality is 4 dimensional space.

neither will your sex organs.

BLEH , what actually happens is when you start exploiting virtual graviphoton pairs for gravity you up going pretty darn fast.

There is a transition from R4 TO R6 that occurs @ roughly 30% the speed of light. In R6 the speed of light is squared again so you can travel anywhere you want faily quickly TBHF

t. gravity engineer (glow niggers shut down my crowdfunding for flight capable hardware)

Attached: space3.jpg (1920x1080, 402K)

If you move at 0.3c then you WILL eventually get to the other system way beyond ours. However, 1000 years will have pass for everyone else. Pretty shit solution but yeah in principle it would work.

What the fuck are you on about with graviphotons I have no idea though. Some /x/ tier BS?

What other explanations are there? The Universe must exist because of something. Given how barren the Universe is, the conclusion I would come to is that we are in a simulation of some kind.

Simulation theory is dumb because it cleverly avoids the question of the unmoved mover. I can't take any theory that does that seriously. Not that the question itself will ever get resolved, but, you know.

the argument of tanh has a unit of m^2
from my undergrad classes, i recall function arguments must have no unit.

Just open a subspace or hyperspace window lmao

I don't get it. Alpha Centauri A is 4.3ly away, right? So if my improbable drive does 4.3c I'll arrive in 1 earth year. Then I pick up my mates and fly back that would be 2 earth years. How would it be longer when that's how long it takes to cover the distance?

>4.3c
Nothing can move past 1c mate. Things can approach 1c but never match or exceed it as you would need infinite energy to do that.

Second point: if you travel 0.5, you won't actually need 2 years to travel light year. From your perspective, you will actually travel less time due to Lorentz contraction. If you were to travel to Alpha Centauri at 0.5c, an observer on the ship would experience time at 0.866 the speed of an observer back on Earth. So the pilot of the ship would experience a local time for the trip to Alpha Centauri of 7.45 years instead of 8.74 years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_velocity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Length_contraction

just abandon shitty flesh and acquire an eternal machine body to seize the stars

It's probably something over c^2 or the like. When doing relativity, physicists get real lazy and just say c=1, and the whole units thing breaks down immediately.

Oh, that makes sense.
So the dt^2 in the ds^2 is converted to the right unit.

Not necessarily "nothing," just no known type of information. Of course many things move faster than the 1c. And if you go to any star at 1C it will be instantaneous and whatever time it is on earth is meaningless from your perspective.

Yeah, space can move faster than 1c, which is why warp drives are supposedly plausible.

>And if you go to any star at 1C it will be instantaneous
Precisely. That's why a photon's travel time is always 0 from its perspective.