Buy any laptop ever made

>buy any laptop ever made
>70c idle 105c load
>plastic heats up, releases cancerous volatile organic compounds for you to inhale
>$1,200 for like 8gb RAM, mobile i7, no ports, all soldered components
these are all low quality products, and there is no reason to buy this over a portable monitor, small keyboard and mouse with an ITX or HTPC. Nobody is so busy that they need a battery powered desktop replacement. outlets are EVERYWHERE. fuck laptops

Attached: 1546215144540.jpg (1000x800, 68K)

>bought x220
>50-60 idle, 70-80 load
>yolo
>180€ for 8gb, i5 2540, 3x usb, DP, VGA, eth, ExpressCard + 15€ dock with DVI, DP, 6x usb,vga, eth,
>RAMs replaced, wwan module swaped for mSATA ssd, hdd swaped for sata ssd, eGPU setup for fun, battery lasts 4 hours

Attached: 20180806_093336.jpg (4608x2592, 3.43M)

T440p with a quad core Haslel i7, and I have similar temps though usually lower idle. Not as diverse ports though, which I miss sometimes.

>bought T440p
>~45c idle, 80-90c with prime95
>similar performance to a desktop i7 3770
>8h battery life
>touchpad mod because fuck touchpads
>fuckton of ports with a docking station
>FHD IPS screen for my loli sessions
>all for less than $300
stupid frognigger

Ur like me, my first build got damaged by water but this time around im just gonna recycle and old quad core optiplex. Hopefully someone will throw one out or package it with a monitor for 50 bucks
Slap in a gpu and maybe a 600 watt psu for cheap and u have a system that can last and be upgraded.
Just a suggestion
Cant u get a memepad for 5bucks?
If not, its a scam. People put those on ebay woth linux and ssds for hundreds of dollars and im pretty sure lenovo/ibm is in on it. If u can find one at an old computer office building thats a different story.
But seeing as you can have a smart phone for like $20 on craigslist, why not save up until some sucker lists something wrong and play the student card.
I wouldnt say im a professional dropshipper or entrepreneur but ive definetly made thousands on ebay and craigslist combined.
In the long run, people tend to be happier when they get a great deal on a used item, rather than investing so much time theorycrafting and researching how to get an optimal system build and throw ur money down the hill.
Again, my first computer was worth thousands, but went totally dead after a drop of water splashed into the case when i was wet from the shower.

>>tl;dr $5 computer is capable of incredible things if u know what ur doing

Attached: 2426003572_cf3665c43b.jpg (500x333, 148K)

>bought refurb T520 in 2012 for like $400
>served me well, chassis is beat to shit but it still runs flawlessly
>visiting bros from college, one of them is on helldesk
>"Oh hey user, we just pitched a bunch of thinkpads, want one?"
>score T420
>turn it into linux box
>never modified either aside from swapping smart bay into T520
>use T420 as loonix box
>have like 5 batteries that were being pitched, the 9 cell still holds charge flawlessly
>comfy posting from it right now in bed as LED above screen illuminates keyboard
Pure bliss. I haven't even been to Jow Forums since 2014 but it's nice to see that the chinkpad circlejerk continues, because they really are true perfection.

Pic completely unrelated.

Attached: 1446599573-478.png (599x429, 426K)

>he thinks those are acceptable temperatures
>he thinks a 3770 is good
>he thinks a docking station counts
>he thinks "FHS" IPS is good
see. laptop users are morons

90 under prime95 is fine. I have a T440p too and it doesn't get 75-80 under real world CPU+dGPU use. Never throttles, stays modestly turbo boosted indefinitely.

try travelling with your ITX build mister autismo, not to mention that most countries customs will let you though with a laptop as personal possession but will ask custom taxes on your ITX build because muh import.

imagine going to a starbucks or even anywhere outside your home with a fucking thinkpad LMAO

I bought a 10 pack of core i5 optiplex's no ram no hdd for like 80$ on ebay shipped

Yeah, just imagine...
With all that power, godly display, great looks, all ports the ports you need and is lighter than a FagBook "Pro"
Yup, just imagine

Attached: aHR0cDovL2Nkbi5sYXB0b3BtYWcuY29tL2ltYWdlcy91cGxvYWRzL3BwcmVzcy80NTU3OS9sZW5vdm8tdGhpbmtwYWQteDEtY2Fy (775x500, 227K)

>that chin
yikes

>power
3500 on passmark, wow
>display
1366x768, maybe IPS which also ghosts because they were all low quality
>all ports
yes
>lighter
imagine being so weak that you'd notice

is that what you retards call a bezel on the bottom? what's a top one, a forehead? haha

>performance doesn't matter!
>weight doesn't matter!

3500 on passmark isn't performance

okay grandpa whatever you say.

nigger what? you want me to carry a computer to uni?

I do! an HTPC attaches to a monitor

Attached: 1538554045587.png (300x300, 67K)

This thread was 100% created by either a NEET or a retard. I work form home, but recently my PSU blew up and I had to borrow a laptop from a friend so I could work. I decided to work in a coffee shop just to enjoy leaving the house once in a while and even with an abundance of outlets, it still felt awkward as fuck working on a laptop in a public space. And it was a very small one. I can only imagine how fucking cumbersome would be carrying a screen around.

>buying things
wew

it feels awkward because you're a self conscious dumbie

Yes, I don't have autism.

>let me just set up my monitor, then attach it to my htpc thing, then plug them both in
>very convenient
>laptop 2.0

No
Virgins and mega geeks only.

they're always attached and you only plug in your htpc

>let me pull out this bundle of wires and objects
>hello maybe let me have this table? pls let me sit near the wall my portable computer has a 2m travel radius
>hello girls note my sweet hand picked setup I can make one for you too you will like carrying 5 things instead of 1
>form an orderly line pls females I am very efficient

No

it's 4 wires even if you use a wired mouse/keyboard...otherwise power cable and monitor to htpc... you'd be carrying a small keyboard, mouse, and a 15" monitor

you have a garbage spatial ability

>spend 180€ on severely outdated (yet overpriced) laptop
>spend 380€ on aftermarket parts
Retard.

Again, why would I prefer carrying several boxes instead of one lean package?
If temperatures are a problem, apply you some good thermal paste.

what several boxes are you talking about?

it's a fucking 60% keyboard, a mouse, and the monitor

That's a much inferior solution you fucking pube.

People who aren't poor as dicks don't mind paying for a laptop for the same reason you buy flights over multiple bus and train connections. Convenience.

Why add extra fucking around in your life? Get something better to do you. Such a mong.

>bought pic related
>40c idle, 75c load
>?
>1400 for 16 GB RAM, 45w i7, usb 3, hdmi and usb-c
>battery, ram, ssd, wifi card easily replaceable with included manual

I think you're just too stupid too inform yourself about stuff

Attached: xps15_9550.jpg (756x756, 24K)

good keyboard, no trackpad, lower temperatures and hardware you can change that is significantly less expensive than the equivalent laptop

>60%
I want 100%. Aka a laptop. What the fuck are you on about?

>good keyboard
There are all types of keyboards on laptops. You can also carry your own in a backpack if you need to be autistic.
>no trackpad
That's not a feature.
>lower temperatures
Yeah if you have half a dozen fans on your crappy itx case.
>hardware you can change
Just buy a new laptop

it is a feature because trackpad is worse than a mouse, so you have no reason for it

are you seriously arguing with me a trackpad vs a mouse? Zoom Zoom Zoom!

> wifi card easily replaceable
No blacklist? I don't believe you.

Yeah I want a built-in trackpad. Even if it's worse, it's a deal breaker if your build doesn't supply what I require.

you're inferior and this thread isn't for you

Okay post a pic of yourself with an ITX build at a coffee shop.

>coffee shop
I'm not a faggot.

bought a random intel card for 15 bucks and it works.

The broadcom one it shipped with was trash when using bluetooth.

Welp if you don't use what you recommend, I'm not using it either chump.

i don't recommend it

Great, thanks for your feedback. Laptops are an objectively superior portable computing system to carry-ITX cases.

no if you carry anything you're a faggot

If you stay at home all day and don't work in clean natural air you're a faggot

>he carries a fucking brick around

the 13 is the pinnacle of the xps line. At that price range you could've gotten a 2 in 1 which is sexier at getting women than this virgin clamshell.

>clean air
>stay in home
I work on my outside desktop, what are you talking about?

Attached: 1544274423073.png (600x497, 8K)

Okay post a picture of your carry-with ITX or whatever you use.

>battery lasts 4 hours
yikes

I DON'T OWN AN ITX I USE FULL TOWERS

It's smaller than some 14" inch laptops. Smaller than 15" screen is too small for working for me. Also I wanted a dgpu for meme learning and working in Unity.

>calling a 2kg device a brick.

What are you, like 5' 100 lbs?

>Dell Latitude E6520
>idles at 40°C
>400€

alright virgin hikikomori, actual adults with jobs that need mobility actually just have desktops AND laptops. and if you're an actual professional Tech guy/coder/operations/... you probably have multiple.
> going to conferences with a "desktop"
> going to meetings with a "portable desktop"
> doing a presentation with a "portable desktop"
> going to different customers with a "portable desktop"
> not bringing your lightweight daily driver work laptop with you anywhere you go.

your whole fucking point is moot poorfag, go collect more wellfare checks

home desktops0 are for gaming, LAN's, personal servers, backup desktop, raspberry pi's for media stations or home automation

i have six core i7 laptop. idle 40 and 65 prime95. and it's fucking acer. not even premium brand.

>$1,200 for like 8gb RAM, mobile i7, no ports, all soldered components and this hasnt changed since 2012
FTFY

>inspiron 15 5577 850€
>i5 7300hq
>gtx 1050
>cpu never above 75c, gpu never above 70c
>nothing interesting to say for the ports
>6h+ on lowest power plan, 3-4 on balanced
>decent touchpad with windows drivers
>1080p TN sadly
>also speakers distort at higher frequencies
>otherwise perfect for mah gaymens and uni
sure this isn't a chinkpad but works for me

Funny thing is, both the SSDs were around 50 eurobucks.

>>buy any laptop ever made
c idle 105c load
>>plastic heats up, releases cancerous volatile organic compounds for you to inhale
>>$1,200 for like 8gb RAM, mobile i7, no ports, all soldered components
>these are all low quality products, and there is no reason to buy this over a portable monitor, small keyboard and mouse with an ITX or HTPC. Nobody is so busy that they need a battery powered desktop replacement. outlets are EVERYWHERE. fuck laptops

Imagine being this unemployed.

>Nobody is so busy that they need a battery powered desktop replacement
Millions of people need this, stop being a NEET.

Attached: Suiseiseki.png (1600x1200, 341K)

>falling for the no bezel meme
You're the one who's yikes

I write modern 3D engines that only run fluidly on top of the line modern graphics cards on my x230. Fight me Jow Forums, come at me you motherfuckers!

Attached: 7bc.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)